Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

Reminds me of the TV series Weeds!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6074597/Deputies-Dad-daughter-arrested-dealing-drugs-teens.html

A father-daughter duo have been arrested for allegedly working together to run a drug operation to deal to high school students.

Daniel Williams, 51, and his 17-year-old daughter Morgan Williams are being held without bond on numerous drug-related felony charges after a raid found more than two pound of marijuana, 87 colorful MDMA pills - also known as 'Molly' or ecstasy - and $22,000 in cash.

Investigators with the Johns Creek-Alpharetta-Forsyth County Drug Task Force raided the family's home in Cumming, Georgia, as well as a storage unit in Forsyth, leading to their arrest Wednesday night.

'We believe that they were working together to sell drugs in the Forsyth County area,' Sheriff?s Office spokesman, Cpl Doug Rainwater said.

Whether you live in an affluent area or poor area, high school students will be exposed to it. Even when I was in high school, students were able to access marijuana. Surprisingly, they were the academically smart kids coming from affluent  households. I could never discuss this type of topic with my father due to our language and cultural differences. Since english is now my first language and I am a 1.5 GEN Asian American, I can openly discuss the harmful nature and consequences of drug usuage with my children before they enter middle and high school. 

Atlanta declared third fastest-growing metro area in the nation.

If it feels like Atlanta is getting more crowded, it is.
Between 2016 and 2017, metro Atlanta packed on nearly 90,000 new residents, bringing the total population in the region to an estimated 5,884,736 people.

The statistics, published by the U.S. Census Bureau, mean Atlanta saw the third highest population gain of any metro in the country, behind Dallas and Houston respectively?cities with larger overall populations. The numbers put Atlanta?s growth well ahead of Washington, D.C., which has a larger overall population than Atlanta, too. For now.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/3/23/17154866/atlanta-fastest-growing-metro-area-in-us-country

Since the video embed function no longer works in TI. Below is the youtube link to my first video. In this video, you will be able to see the beautiful skylines of Buckhead, which is Atlanta's version of Beverly Hills. Currently working on the Johns Creek Video. Stay tuned.

Click to see the Video.

Panda

Between 2016 to 2017, the Los Angeles metro population increased by 25,646. In the same time period metro Atlanta's population increased 89,013. We are seeing a decline in population in parts of the Midwest, especially in Cook County, IL. Chicago metro's population continues to decrease at 13,000 / year.

population.jpg

Panda said:
Between 2016 to 2017, the Los Angeles metro population increased by 25,646. In the same time period metro Atlanta's population increased 89,013. We are seeing a decline in population in parts of the Midwest, especially in Cook County, IL. Chicago metro's population continues to decrease at 13,000 / year.

population.jpg

You mentioned Cook County population declined, there is huge reason. Gangs killing gangs. Seriously. And people just sick of the crimes and violence, those that could afford to move, they moved. I was at Cook County Central Jail a in 2010, not for crimes. I was on an Integration Team delivered a state of the art new fingerprint ID system and booking system upgrade for Cook county to Interface with FBI new fingerprint ID systems and Cook County was over run with criminals even then.

stmarlohomes_top_half.jpg

stmarlo_bottom_half.jpg

The most expensive subdivision in Forsyth County is St Marlo Country Club which is a gated golf course community with 924 homes situated in the northern tip of Johns Creek. The median home price in St Marlo Country Club is $757,000 which is similar to the median condo/townhouses prices in Irvine. This market analysis has been written for research purposes to compare data with the Irvine condo market.

Market Research:

Here is the St Marlo Country Club Real Estate Market Update recap for December 12th, 2018. Key highlight to note is that units sold in St Marlo has increased to 52 in 2018 vs 38 in 2017 and 48 in 2016, which is an increase of 31% from the homes sold in 2017. The median home price has also increased to $757,000 from $720,000 in 2017. Overall it has been a great year for St Marlo.

Currently there are 21 active listings in St Marlo ranging from $639,000 to $2,250,000 and the current absorption rate in the past 12 months is 51 homes making the currently inventory levels slightly under 5 months. The median home price in St Marlo remains stable at $757,000. 3 month inventory is considered to be a seller's market, 6 month is a neutral market, and 9+ month inventory is considered to be a buyer's market. The market continues to remain a neutral market with an even balance of buyers and sellers looking for homes in St Marlo.

The Y-o-Y homes sold is up 78% from 2017 - 2018 and the gross sales value is up 31.2% during the same time period. The Average Sold Price Off Asking dropped slightly to 95% which means that on average, there has been a 5% discount from asking price which seems similar to last year?s numbers. The average days on the market has also slightly increased to 89 days from 84 days in 2017.

ST MARLO COUNTRY CLUB: 14.11% of the Lambert HS Cluster Housing Market share

Homes in St Marlo : 924
Homes on the Market: 21
% on the Market : 2.2%
% Homes Sold in 2018: 50
7 Homes Under Contract

21 Active Listing Price Range: $639,000 to $2,250,000

In 2018, 52 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $42,253,000
In 2017, 39 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $31,199,575.
In 2016, 50 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $37,786,250.
In 2015, 52 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $40,996,987.
In 2014, 58 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $46,029,291.
In 2013, 65 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $44,191,339.
In 2012, 65 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $40,737,775
In 2011, 59 homes in St Marlo closed with a total gross homes sale of $38,692,768.

Year 2018
Homes Sold in 2018: 52
Gross Sales: $42,253,000
High Prices Sold: $1,726,000
Lowest Price Sold: $540,000
Median Home Price: $757,500
Median Sold Price Off Asking : 97.0%
Median Days on the Market : 65 Days

Year 2017
Homes Sold in 2017: 39
Gross Sales: $31,199,575
High Prices Sold: $2,050,000
Lowest Price Sold: $525,000
Median Home Price: $720,000
Median Sold Price Off Asking : 96.0%
Median Days on the Market : 69 Days

Year: 2016 :
Homes Sold in 2016: 50
Gross Sales: $37,786,250
High Prices Sold: $1,460,000
Lowest Price Sold: $520,000
Median Home Price: $710,000
Median Sold Price Off Asking : 96.0%
Median Days on the Market : 76 Days

Year: 2015
No. of Homes sold: 52
Gross Sales: $40,996,987
High Prices Sold: $2,000,000
Lowest Price Sold: $439,900
Median Home Price: $742,500
Median Sold Price Off Asking : 96.3%
Median Days on the Market : 90.5 Days

Year: 2014
No. of Homes sold: 58
Gross Sales: $46,029,291
High Prices Sold: $2,300,000
Lowest Price Sold: $435,000
Median Home Price: $694,250
Median Sold Price Off Asking : 96%
Median Days on the Market : 77 Days

Year: 2013
No. of Homes sold: 65
Gross Sales: $44,191,339
High Prices Sold: $1,488,150
Lowest Price Sold: $400,000
Median Home Price: $640,000
Median Days on the Market : 80 Days

Year: 2012
No. of Homes sold: 65
Gross Sales: $40,737,775
High Prices Sold: $1,825,000
Lowest Price Sold: $315,000
Median Home Price: $555,000
Median Days on the Market : 84 Days

Year: 2011
No. of Homes sold: 59
Gross Sales: $38,692,768
Highest Price Sold: $2,250,000
Lowest Price Sold: $325,000
Median Home Price: $604,084
Avg Sold Price Off Asking : 92%
Avg Days on the Market : 97 Days

Georgia High School Rankings: Out of 429 High Schools in Georgia.
1. Gwinnett School of Math and Sciences : Gwinnett County
2. Columbus High School : Muscogee Country
3. Walton High School : Cobb County
4. Dekalb Early College Academy : Dekalb County
5. LAMBERT HIGH SCHOOL: #1 High School in FORSYTH County - St Marlo Country Club
6. Lassiter High School : Cobb County
7. Pope High School : Cobb County
8. Davidson Magnet School : Richmond County
9. North Gwinnett High School : Gwinnett County
10. McIntosh High School : Fayette County

Source:https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/s...k.aspx?level=3

A Tech entrepreneur relocated his primary residence from Fullerton to Johns Creek. His greatest motivation for the move was due to the lower cost of living and a improved lifestyle decision for himself, family, and his business growth. Many of residents who look to move outside of California usually target Dallas and Austin as their first choice of destination. Atlanta real estate becomes desirable due to the lower property taxes vs 3% property taxes in Texas.

7240.jpg

Panda said:
A Tech entrepreneur relocated his primary residence from Fullerton to Johns Creek. His greatest motivation for the move was due to the lower cost of living and a improved lifestyle decision for himself, family, and his business growth. Many of residents who look to move outside of California usually target Dallas and Austin as their first choice of destination. Atlanta real estate becomes desirable due to the lower property taxes vs 3% property taxes in Texas.

Okay morekaos.

SoCal still has better weather than both TX and GA.

irvinehomeowner said:
Panda said:

Okay morekaos.

SoCal still has better weather than both TX and GA.

And better mix of people.

I still remember the thread about California being doomed when Toyota moved their HQ to Texas...oh...wait
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...alifornia-state-s-economy-vastly-outpaces-u-s

Just a thought. I think if you were in a bigger market. You might make more cash.

On a positive note: You have good social media and marketing skills

#20x

Panda - How is the market holding up in the ATL and surrounding areas?  There are various data showing that Irvine sustained a YoY price drop in recent months.  I'm guessing your market is doing better due to the massive influx of people, but I'm just wondering what you are seeing.

I am very sorry Liar Loan... I didn't see your post until just now. I believe the higher end homes are starting to slow down. Here in the Atlanta market, a high end market is considered to be $600k and above.

In Forsyth County, the market I work, the median home price is $301,100 and the median house hold is $96,445 where the multiple ratio is a 3. So we don't have quite a bubble like the coastal markets.

A bubble in housing is defined by how much of spread there is between the median home price and the median household income. For example the median home price in Cupertino, California is $2,069,700 and the median household income is $134,872 which give us a multiple ratio of 15. The higher the multiple ratio, the higher the housing bubble.

When we have the next housing correction, I believe the coastal housing markets with a higher multiple ratio will be impacted much more vs the housing market in Forsyth County.

So people trade up and carry the equity gains with them to the new pad.

Or stock options, my nephew work at Facebook, he making 200K plus bonus, but the stock options was given and matured to the tunes of more than 600K and this was two years ago. He cashed out and bought his house in SJ. 1.3 mil. and was an ok place. He sold it a year ago with a gain of 300K in a matter of 19 months. Crazy right, now that is crazy appreciation there for you.

Median Cupertino income for active homebuyers is more likley ~$500K with 2 earner family. Salaries for senior people in SV companies are well north of $200K, in addition to the aforementioned free equity positions receive.

OCtoSV said:
Median Cupertino income for active homebuyers is more likley ~$500K with 2 earner family. Salaries for senior people in SV companies are well north of $200K, in addition to the aforementioned free equity positions receive.

Yes... actual median income does not equal reported/census median income.

This is also my argument for Irvine. Using an income to price comparison is not accurate.

Back