Issues with Living Near Affordable Housing?

Definition of McMansion is the height of the home is greater than the front setback. The width of the home is greater than both sideyards combined. That is clearly in Irvine and not in North Dakota.

irvinehomeshopper said:
This has a total of 5CWG with garage at each end of the home. The 2CW driveway is long enough to park 40 cars. This is definitely not a McMansion.
3CWG+2CWG?!?

I'd live near affordable housing and TCE for that.

:)

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
This has a total of 5CWG with garage at each end of the home. The 2CW driveway is long enough to park 40 cars. This is definitely not a McMansion.
3CWG+2CWG?!?

That house he mention is the opposite of low income housing.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
3CWG+2CWG?!?

To clarify:

If they built a 5CWG in Irvine, I would live in it despite being close to low income housing or TCE.

YellowFever said:
irvinehomeowner said:
To clarify:

If they built a 5CWG in Irvine, I would live in it despite being close to low income housing or TCE.

But they don't, so it's a moot point.

I would marry a thousand (willing) girls(polygamy) if I could, but the law doesn't allow it in California so what's the point?

The point is that everyone has a reason to live in unfavorable conditions, it's not that my reason is impossible, but that others have more plausible ones.

Which is why people will buy near affordable housing, near TCE, near a freeway, near a wanna-be polygamist who foamwashes in the motorcourt. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
YellowFever said:
irvinehomeowner said:
To clarify:

I would marry a thousand (willing) girls(polygamy) if I could, but the law doesn't allow it in California so what's the point?

The point is that everyone has a reason to live in unfavorable conditions, it's not that my reason is impossible, but that others have more plausible ones.

Which is why people will buy near affordable housing, near TCE, near a freeway, near a wanna-be polygamist who foamwashes in the motorcourt. :)

I don't have a problem with low income housing.

I think on the disclosure they should mention TCE may cause cancer.

YellowFever said:
Hey, what's wrong with foamwashing? It goes to to the drain, then to the catch basin, then it gets processed thru water treatment. It doesn't leach into the soil. Last I checked, car wash isn't as cancerous as TCE.  ;D

Actually, depending on where you live, it could go directly to the ocean.

#FishLivesMatter

This was funny... you blamed the law
YellowFever said:
irvinehomeowner said:
To clarify:

What about TCE and Affordable for a 5CWG split with kids garages at one end with a detached casita studio above it to entertain their friends and not tracking their muddy shoe prints into the main house. You are right people who wants certain things bad enough will compromise on certain things. Just like those who want to live in OH or Hidden Canyon have to compromise on a glorified tract McMansion on a tiny lot. I would never live in or design such a thing. At a $2m+ price tag I would take the home in a Malibu on a 1 acre lot than a 5,000 sf lot in Irvine's Wood Canyon Hills. I guess Chinese farmers who turned factory guru have never experienced estates living and 3CWG. Any $2m homes here is better than the Mao flats back home.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
3CWG+2CWG?!?

To clarify:

Would you ever live in a TCE area or potential effected area?

irvinehomeshopper said:
What about TCE and Affordable for a 5CWG split with kids garages at one end with a detached casita studio above it to entertain their friends and not tracking their muddy shoe prints into the main house. You are right people who wants certain things bad enough will compromise on certain things. Just like those who want to live in OH or Hidden Canyon have to compromise on a glorified tract McMansion on a tiny lot. I would never live in or design such a thing. At a $2m+ price tag I would take the home in a Malibu on a 1 acre lot than a 5,000 sf lot in Irvine's Wood Canyon Hills. I guess Chinese farmers who turned factory guru have never experienced estates living and 3CWG. Any $2m homes here is better than the Mao flats back home.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
3CWG+2CWG?!?

To clarify:

we live in the same eco system, the plume in the groundwater affects the people living in the area, it's not like you buy in HC and you get evian running out the tap, unless you pull a tom selleck with your own truckloads of water...

There is difference between low income/ affordable housing.

Affordable housing have 4+ yrs of wait list.

If anyone gives a picture that people in affordable housing usually behave like homeless.. "please get you facts first".

irvinehomeshopper said:
Definition of McMansion is the height of the home is greater than the front setback. The width of the home is greater than both sideyards combined. That is clearly in Irvine and not in North Dakota.

I disagree.  It has more to with the incongruous features on the facade of the home.  But yes , excessive built up area compare to lot size also a factor. 
http://www.mcmansionhell.com

lot of this mcmansion stuff is also from late 70s / 80s vintage when people had poor taste in design (compared to whats acceptable now) .  You can see a few examples in Laguna Hills / Nellie Gail area .  Doesn't matter that they sit on 1/2 acre lots .

Back