Is Larry a hypocrite?

I sort of see Chevy as a homewrecker who came to Larry with a let's make a quick buck idea. Now Larry's Escalade with the IHB license plate holder has hit a tree and the IHB family's getting divorced into two websites ha ha. IHB was the only website I checked every day, I got hooked on Larry's commentary and the contributions of the people on the forums...it is puzzling to me how Larry and Chevy seem to be distancing themselves from the regular forum posters. If I were in the market for a resale I'd rather go with USC or IrvineRealtor than Chevy, based on the peer recommendations and direct personal observation of their "hustle" and helpfulness on the forums. In fact recently for a friend of a friend who's looking in the Irvine market I PM'd them for their contact info. I don't see why Larry couldn't have formalized some kind of business arrangement with the forum regulars to exploit the eventual upturn instead of running off with the hot Chevy no one knows ha ha.

Note.
The Internet is PUBLIC PROPERTY. Like I told Zovall.
A kid can setup a Forum in about 20 Minutes. Its not rocket science. Thats another of their mistakes. Assuming that the Forum and all of our posts are somehow now their private property. Thats the fallacy of someone very naive with the power of the public Internet. Your getting to witness that here and now.
People go where they want. Old posts are usless very quickly and will fade into oblivion without the the spiders of the search engines keeping them alive from new posts.

And to further add to the "Tailgate Analogy" IHB went ahead and started rooting for the "Away Team" at all the home games.
After pro founding that they were going to keep the Tailgate the same and stay impartial as to which team they supported.

If this place ever beat the IHB in search results for Irvine RE, then maybe socal will take it offline to figure out a way to monetize as well....or maybe not.

Irvinehousingblog is the temporary private property in the sense it is leased from Network Solutions.
It is only in reality only a way to resolve an IP Address via DNS.
Nothing more. Its just a tiny little file in the DNS resolution data base.
Record created on 2006-09-25 14:51:03.
Record expires on 2010-09-25 14:51:03.
And it will come up for grabs if the boys don't pay the bill coming up.

Its only worth the branding associated with it. Its NOT a tangible
commercial asset without the traffic. And the boys just blew all that traffic away. Very poor business decision IMO.

[quote author="tyr"]
[quote author="bltserv"]Its only worth the branding associated with it. Its NOT a tangible commercial asset without the traffic. And the boys just blew all that traffic away. Very poor business decision IMO.[/quote]

Ding! Ding! What do you know? We agree again! See, I'm not just a kool-aid swilling, IHB-loving, paid troll apologist blindly carrying water for larry and zovall.[/quote]

So why would you take a tangible company asset and throw it away without good cause ? Its akin to taking your customer database and sending them all an insulting letter. Almost what I call the UN-SALES department. This is a classic sign of a company in total chaos. It makes no logical sense other than raw emotion
and pure business stupidity.

I am just blown away at the thought process taking place in the minds of what I assumed were some fairly smart guys.

Did not think you a troll. But was trying to understand your motivation in semi supporting guys making some terrible business decisions.

[quote author="bltserv"] Assuming that the Forum and all of our posts are somehow now their private property.
[/quote]

That is not an assumption. That, actually, is fact. Your posts are stored in a database. That database belongs to Zovall, in space he is paying for. When you hit the Post button, you were gifting Zovall that content. As is, that content is not just sitting out on the internet, available to the world. Code of some sort must be used to make that content available (excepting a login to the database itself). The IHB code was purchased from Expression Engine by Zovall. He has a license. When I altered that code (his property), that was also a gift. All of the entities that together make up IHB forums belong to Zovall.

Going back to the topic, I believe that IHB are making some money off of some sellers that wander into the main page, they have to have some cash flow coming in, from a few transactions, although we have yet to hear about the experience...

The guys probably figure that they are not going to generate many sales in the forums, and was just a overall liability. I believe their strategy is to stick to the main page, and cultivate any new relationships they can from now on, remember housing are big ticket items that you help transact to the same customer maybe what 2-3 times in a life time... they don't need to build relationships...

roundcorners - 03 August 2009 06:30 PM

How is your faith? No really?

Most of my life, I've came to listen, obey and be discipline to follow through with advice/instruction/lessons from older, wiser people. That doesn't mean that we don't constantly test and try the messages, but once trust is establish? they have my complete faith?

Some examples have included?

God
Parents
Pastors
Aunts & Uncles
Money managers
Friends
Spouse
Bosses
Coaches
Managers
Co-workers
Classmates
Near IHB strangers
& of course Irvine Renter

Buy if you like, lose your faith? but as for me? IR has my complete trust

BK replyed
"Is that IR1 or IR2?"

RC replied

"IR(1) = Irvine Renter
IR2 = Irvine Realtor,,, right??"

And I said Mcdonna1980 Posted: 03 August 2009 06:45 PM

"You know exactly whom he was referring to. So I'm curious what you are implying????"

At the time, I wondered if this was Bk's subtle warning to us not to trust Irvine Renter.

Have your feelings changed RC?

I don't think Larry compromised his integrity consciously. He did what many startup business people do. They take a hobby and turn it into a business. Where he failed was in taking poor advice
and I think getting a new partner too quickly that blew some smoke up his butt about how he could take his hobby and make some serious cash. Choosing a business partner is harder than finding a good wife. And its not something you do without major vetting and a long drawn out thought process.

[quote author="tyr"]http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/6829/#138451

Totally off-topic, but Garrison will get a few karma points from me. Nice reply. Well said.[/quote]

Well ain't that special.

Are you going to now call me a Palestinian Osama lover too? because heaven for bid I should question Bush and think he may have twisted the truth about some things. We all know he never lies right? Where did they find those WMDs in Iraq by the way?

And to think I gave you two karma points for what I thought was a dignified attitude to take about the IHB closing.

I wish I could have those back right now.

[quote author="mcdonna1980"]roundcorners - 03 August 2009 06:30 PM

How is your faith? No really?

Most of my life, I've came to listen, obey and be discipline to follow through with advice/instruction/lessons from older, wiser people. That doesn't mean that we don't constantly test and try the messages, but once trust is establish? they have my complete faith?

Some examples have included?

God
Parents
Pastors
Aunts & Uncles
Money managers
Friends
Spouse
Bosses
Coaches
Managers
Co-workers
Classmates
Near IHB strangers
& of course Irvine Renter

Buy if you like, lose your faith? but as for me? IR has my complete trust

BK replyed
"Is that IR1 or IR2?"

RC replied

"IR(1) = Irvine Renter
IR2 = Irvine Realtor,,, right??"

And I said Mcdonna1980 Posted: 03 August 2009 06:45 PM

"You know exactly whom he was referring to. So I'm curious what you are implying????"

At the time, I wondered if this was Bk's subtle warning to us not to trust Irvine Renter.

Have your feelings changed RC?
[/quote]

Wow, McD.. I can't believe you remembered that... I still trust IR as far as his analytical abilities; but everything he or anyone says has to make sense to me. We've all come to trust his opinions and financial insights, but that doesn't mean we follow him like sheep... Like I said, we have to constantly test and see for ourselves the validity of their statements.

Now.. will I do business with IR? Probably not, if I didn't have any other choice, probably. Let's just say if IHB didn't exist, I could easily find a few diamonds in the rough Realtor out there myself. People that I could get to know, have lunch with, who know my family, and has to pass the wife test!

BTW... Wow... BK is wise indeed... he spotted something I totally missed... makes me want to read his old posts for hidden treasure... We Miss U BK if your lurking..!

I really appreciate everything I learned at IHB over the years. Much of it was from IR. I know that it will be unpopular to say, but I have always trusted and respected him. If it were not for him and the IHB, many people (including me) would have made a BIG mistake. I am also thankful to Zovall for creating the IHB and for the lifelong friends I made there. Oh, and for crackercakes as well.

You know after 15 years of working my issues with real estate, I'm finally getting my own brokers liscense.

You know why? It was for people EXACTLY like Chebbie. I did meet him once and he was Realtor i completely expected him to be.

This last transaction, I paid the realtor 36,000. He was a 27 year old doucebag who did very little to EARN that pay. Towards the end I became so upset with him I DEMANDED that he take a cut because HIS paperwork was so riddled with errors.

As for turning paying people away (USC et al), i'm sorry, but that's just plain stupid. You'd rather turn people who would PAY you, in the HOPES of getting their business. Uhh... ok. Call me crazy but even if you missed out on one client you'd make money. Now you miss out on one client and you make ZERO money. Its all about trades, give a little get a little. Give nothing and you get what you put in.

Good luck, i do hope it works out for you, that just isn't my business model. You may not walk away with the most money, but you surely walk away with a whole lot more.

So what happened to the user tyr ?

All his posts and his account Vaporized ?

I got a funny feeling it was one of the boys.

Yeah... that tyr guy was suspiciously douche like.

It looks like he couldn't take a little debating and getting beat down by a girl. Freakin sissy.

Well, when I plug "Larry Roberts" into my Enigma machine I get Tyr. That's it, it must have been him! <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

Sad day - my IHB T-Shirt just went to Goodwill. Would never wear it again, so what's the point.

OK - sadness over. Time to brand Talk Irvine !! We need a logo!

[quote author="Trooper"]Sad day - my IHB T-Shirt just went to Goodwill. Would never wear it again, so what's the point.

OK - sadness over. Time to brand Talk Irvine !! We need a logo! [/quote]

Oh...I forgot all about mine. Now I'm sad. :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll probably keep mine for personal, sentimental reasons though.

Back