Irvine Crime Wave

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/27/irvine-woman-robbed-by-armed-man-in-her-own-home-police-say/

Irvine woman robbed by armed man in her own home, police say
By CHRIS HAIRE | chaire@scng.com | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: May 27, 2017 at 3:46 pm | UPDATED: May 27, 2017 at 7:23 pm
IRVINE  A 62-year-old Irvine woman was robbed at gunpoint in her own home Saturday morning ? ?immediately? after returning from a stroll around her neighborhood, police said.

The woman returned from her walk at about 9:35 a.m., and as soon as she went inside, a man described as in his mid-20s entered the house in the 600 block of Hayes Street through an unlocked door, said spokeswoman Kim Mohr of the Irvine Police Department.

The armed man demanded cash and jewelry.

He made off with gold jewelry and $300, Mohr said. He fled in an unknown direction and has not been found.

The woman was not injured.

The suspect was last seen wearing a black-and-red sweater and black pants.

The woman, Mohr said, told police that she thinks the suspect followed her home from her walk.

Anyone with information, can call police at 949-724-7138.

That section of homes along the 5 between Jeffrey and Culver seems very unlucky--one shooting and now an armed robbery. No bueno!

jmoney74 said:
House_Hunting said:
And the crime wave continues....

Irvine Police Seek Suspect in Attempted Kidnapping in Woodbury

https://nextdoor.com/agency-post/ca...in-attempted-kidnapping-in-woodbury-54549122/

pretty ballsy.. this guy must have mental issues. 

Please call the police if you recognize this guy. Scary.

kidnap-attempt.jpg

His name is Charles Choi, 47, living in Portola Springs.  He's got an open Facebook page and he looks fairly normal on there, including pics with his baby nephew.

paydawg said:
His name is Charles Choi, 47, living in Portola Springs.  He's got an open Facebook page and he looks fairly normal on there, including pics with his baby nephew.

Wth. Did they find him.

Irvine pd arrested him, the news reports updated with his photo.

His Facebook is all scripture, 1000 friends, he has a lot of explaining to do

paydawg said:

Always have to be alert. What someone looks like on the outside might not be anything like the inside. :(

Smart thinking that girl told him there are cameras here.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/1...ting-him-with-baseball-bat-in-san-marco-park/

ORANGE COUNTY NEWS
Irvine police arrest man on suspicion of stabbing man in neck, beating him with baseball bat in San Marco Park

0618_nws_ocr-l-irvarrest-01.jpg

IRVINE ? A 22-year-old man was arrested on Saturday, June 17, on suspicion of attempted murder ? a half-day after he was in a fight with an acquaintance, police said.

Jonathan Fernandez, 22, of Irvine was arrested around noon Saturday at a family member?s home in the 200 block of Veneto in Irvine, spokeswoman Kim Mohr of the Irvine Police Department said in a statement.

Between 10 and 10:30 p.m. the night before, Friday, June 16, Fernandez and the male victim got into an altercation at San Marco Park, Mohr said. Fernandez stabbed the man in the neck and then ?beat him with a baseball bat,? police said.

The victim, who is in his 20s, was taken to Hoag Hospital, where he named Fernandez as the suspect to police, Mohr said. The man was treated and released.

It is unknown how well the two men knew each other and the reason the fight began is still under investigation.

The residence where Fernandez was found is walking distance from the park where the fight happened. Fernandez gets mail at the house, Mohr said, though it is unclear if that is his permanent residence.

Fernandez was taken to the Irvine Police Department and will be booked into Orange County Jail.

Anyone with information can call detectives at 949-724-7233.

Straight Outta Compton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZi25Pq3T8
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/2...-suspects-in-string-of-commercial-burglaries/

Irvine police arrest two suspects in string of commercial burglaries

By ALMA FAUSTO | afausto@scng.com | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: June 22, 2017 at 12:01 pm | UPDATED: June 22, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Two Compton men were arrested Tuesday, June 20, on suspicion of committing at least three burglaries in Irvine, police said.

At 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to a burglary alarm at Honeyberry, a cafe, on Jeffrey Road and Walnut Avenue, Irvine police spokeswoman Kim Mohr said in a statement Wednesday.

They found a smashed glass door but no suspects when they searched the store. The officers then patrolled a nearby shopping center at Irvine Center Drive and Sand Canyon when they noticed a suspicious car driving past storefronts.

They stopped the car and found two men inside, one of them trying to hide in the back seat. One of them had a cut on his hand and broken glass on his clothes. Officers also found a crowbar with the pair, later identified as Joseph Paul Wilson and Jamir Omar Crosby, both 19.

One of the suspects admitted to the burglary at Honeyberry as well as L&L Hawaiian Barbecue and a Togo?s sandwich shop in the shopping center on Culver Drive and Walnut Avenue.

Jail records show Crosby was released on bond on Wednesday, June 21. Wilson remains in jail with bail set at $30,000.

Anyone with information about these burglaries or suspects is asked to call Irvine Police Department Detective Matt Ricci at 949-724-7189.

josephwilson.jpg

Joseph Paul Wilson, 19, of Compton. (Photo Courtesy of the Irvine Police Department)
jamircrosby1.jpg

Jamir Omar Crosby, 19, of Compton. (Photo Courtesy of the Irvine Police Department)

19 years old! From a parent standpoint, it just makes me smh. I just don't get how the parent allows this and statistically speaking, it is the mother. My boys know if they ever tried something like this, they'd better hope and pray the police would catch up with them before I do. I wouldn't tolerate this crap one iota. Unacceptable!

If it wasn't for these two, I would've never known Irvine had a roti bun place.  I usually avoid that shopping mall due to all the crazy parking shenanigans.  Anyone tried it?  As good as O'My buns in Tutti Frutti in Rowland Heights?  I hope so.

ps9 said:
If it wasn't for these two, I would've never known Irvine had a roti bun place.  I usually avoid that shopping mall due to all the crazy parking shenanigans.  Anyone tried it?  As good as O'My buns in Tutti Frutti in Rowland Heights?  I hope so.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/honeyberry-irvine

Good reviews + Gelato Roti + Milk Tea!?  Where you been all my life!? .. Definitely going to try this place.

why are the Compton losers coming all the way to Irvine? Aren't there about 20 other cities they can hit up on the way here? We're in big trouble if word has spread in Compton that this is the place to hit the jackpot. This is why everyone needs active monitoring home alarm systems (and a pitbull and a gun)  :mad:

ps9 said:

They have great tasting roti there! Be sure to sign up for their text alerts when you go there.  Usually have deals like buy a milk tea or coffee and get a roti free.

Their green tea and thai tea are good too

Yeah it's pretty good. Get one with filling - it tastes much better than the plain. Also, eat it ASAP...if it cools down it doesn't taste as good.

SoCal said:
19 years old! From a parent standpoint, it just makes me smh. I just don't get how the parent allows this and statistically speaking, it is the mother. My boys know if they ever tried something like this, they'd better hope and pray the police would catch up with them before I do. I wouldn't tolerate this crap one iota. Unacceptable!

Is Trumps writing style beginning to infiltrate TI?  Unacceptable!
Perhaps just you.

Back