Irvine Crime Wave

Jace said:
sad story...

if the husband just filed for divorce with wife cheating evidence, does wife still gets 50% and child support?

Yes...California is a no fault state and has a strong community property legal framework.  Cheating has nothing to do with economic division of assets and liabilities between divorcing couples.

Once you get married, whatever money you earned during the marriage will be split 50/50 no matter who caused the marriage to end.  Say you owned a house before the marriage, then I believe the house will remain yours after the divorce, however, if it's a rental, I wonder if the rental income is considered earned during the marriage.

How old is she, the married guy 38, old guy 54

Don't hate the player, hate the game.  What is happening to Irvine...

AW said:
How old is she, the married guy 38, old guy 54

Don't hate the player, hate the game.  What is happening to Irvine...

making up for it by opening up more ice cream spots.

To a guy in jail. He has other problems to worry about, like being someone else's girlfriend

#fairgame
Oh wait, need pics of this woman first.  Lol

Talking of crime, anyone else hearing what sounds like a police helicopter circling around the Irvine/Tustin border area?  :p  It was flying a little earlier and went away but came back again for a little while.

Life sentence with DA seeking death penalty.  Probably take years to resolve.  Wonder how long this trial would take in China, probably 1 day and 1 bullet.

The defence could plead temporary insanity - I lost control of my car and don't remember what happened afterwards.

Yes, I looked it up online and temp insanity is a stretch. But the same article brings up this following option:

Another form of the insanity defense is volitional insanity, or Irresistible Impulse. A defense of irresistible impulse asserts that the defendant, although able to distinguish right from wrong at the time of the act, suffered from a mental disease or defect that made him or her incapable of controlling her or his actions. This defense is common in crimes of vengeance.

I hear the woman who also got stabbed was his wife. She is lucky that he spared her life.

WillJoy said:
The defence could plead temporary insanity - I lost control of my car and don't remember what happened afterwards.

The details in the article including that he stabbed the victim (and his wife) with a knife after running him over pretty much narrows his defense lawyers options.

Back