Irvine Crime Wave

WillJoy said:
Yes, I looked it up online and temp insanity is a stretch. But the same article brings up this following option:

Another form of the insanity defense is volitional insanity, or Irresistible Impulse. A defense of irresistible impulse asserts that the defendant, although able to distinguish right from wrong at the time of the act, suffered from a mental disease or defect that made him or her incapable of controlling her or his actions. This defense is common in crimes of vengeance.

I hear the woman who also got stabbed was his wife. She is lucky that he spared her life.

That gets him second degree murder rather than first degree. 

Him having a knife in the car pretty much takes that option out.

Anyone know this guy?

He steals $12,000 from 2 grandmas and all he can buy is a mop??

I didn't even know you can put that much $$$ on a gift card.
http://ktla.com/2017/01/03/irvine-p...ection-with-elderly-women-defrauded-of-12000/

irvinesus.jpg

Double murder in Greentree area of Irvine.  :(
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shooting-742698-irvine-suspect.html

Two dead, suspect in custody in Irvine homicide

BY SCOTT SCHWEBKE and ALMA FAUSTO
2017-01-31 14:09:24

IRVINE ? Two people are dead, and a man is in custody in connection with a Tuesday shooting in Irvine, police said.

The shooting was reportedly shortly before 1 p.m. on Crystal Circle, said Kim Mohr, a spokeswoman for the Irvine Police Department said.

Details about the motive for the shooting or the identification of the suspect and victims were not immediately available.

The shooting happened in a cul?de?sac of single family homes about a block from Greentree Elementary.

School officials ordered ?soft lockdown? until classes got out while police investigated. That means all the classroom doors and exterior building doors to the school were locked.

The suspect was taken into custody at the scene, Mohr said.

The entrance to the cul?de?sac has been closed off to traffic.

More to come.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7767 sschwebke@scng.com Twitter: @thechalkoutline

Didn't that other love triangle shooting happen somewhere around that area?

That pie shaped area in between the 5 and 405 is dangerous!

More updates from OC Register:

Police took 37-year-old Nolan Pascal Pillay into custody at the home, Mohr said.
The homicides are being investigated as a "domestic incident," and it?s believed the victims lived at the house, she said. However, investigators are unsure if Pillay also resided there.
Details about the motive for the shooting were not immediately available.

Joyce Dale lives across the street from the scene of the shooting. She has lived in this neighborhood for about 30 years.
Dale's husband told her that he heard yelling from the house. "He heard them say 'Sorry, sorry'" she said.
Dale said a man and his two adult sons live at the house, and they have been there about 15 years.
She never saw any disturbances but said that one of the sons would "come and go" throughout the day.
Dale didn't hear any gunshots, but police officers came to her door to interview her and her husband.
Her granddaughter was attending class at Greentree Elementary, so she grew a little worried when she heard details about the homicide.
"They were out at lunch when this happened so they brought (the students) all inside."

So only 3 homicides all of 2016 and now already 2 in January 2017.  Guess we should be pretty safe from here on out.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/suspects-743990-gloves-hooded.html

Irvine police search for 3 burglary suspects who nabbed $500,000 in sunglasses, laptops and VR equipment
By JOSHUA SUDOCK
2017-02-14 12:24:17

IRVINE ? Police were asking for the public?s help identifying three men seen on surveillance video stealing high-end sunglasses, laptops and virtual-reality equipment over the weekend ? with investigators estimating the losses at about $500,000.

A high-end sunglasses company was burglarized around 7 a.m. Saturday, said Kim Mohr, a department spokeswoman.

?The suspects drove a white van into the roll-up door and used a crowbar to force entry into the warehouse,? she said. ?The suspects stole approximately $400,000 worth of merchandise.?

On Sunday, a gaming company that makes laptops, headsets and virtual reality equipment was hit around 7 a.m.

?Again, the suspects were in a white van and used a crowbar to enter the business,? she said. ?The loss was estimated at up to $100,000.?

In both cases, the three men and the van?s license-plate number were captured by surveillance systems, Mohr said.

Police provided descriptions of the suspects? clothing:

? One suspect?s gray hooded sweatshirt had ?California? printed across the chest. He had yellow gloves, red or maroon pants and red or maroon shoes with white laces.

? Another suspect had a gray and black hooded sweatshirt with dark pants, black shoes with while laces, and black gloves.

? The third?s hooded shirt had a tan horizontal pattern across the chest; he also wore red gloves and jeans.

Investigators have determined the van was stolen from an Irvine business prior to the burglaries, Mohr said. It was still missing on Tuesday; the license-plate number is 46712W1.

Anyone with a tip can contact Detective Matt Ricci at 949-724-7189 or at mricci@cityofirvine.org. Anonymous tips can be made to the Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-847-6227.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7802, jsudock@scng.com or via Twitter @jsudock

iacrenter said:
Irvine police search for 3 burglary suspects who nabbed $500,000 in sunglasses, laptops and VR equipment
The suspects drove a white van...
On many occasions when when I lived in Santa Ana, I was approached in a parking lot with people selling stuff out the back of their van.  Basically, the van pulls up.  They open their doors to show you the merchandise.  Usually it's a bunch of boxes of the same product and usually it's dirt cheap.

Most likely it's stolen goods, but sometimes I've wondered if they were just hawking cheap junk that no stores would carry.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a van going around Santa Ana right now selling VR equipment, laptops and sunglasses.

spootieho said:
iacrenter said:
The suspects drove a white van...
On many occasions when when I lived in Santa Ana, I was approached in a parking lot with people selling stuff out the back of their van.  Basically, the van pulls up.  They open their doors to show you the merchandise.  Usually it's a bunch of boxes of the same product and usually it's dirt cheap.

Most likely it's stolen goods, but sometimes I've wondered if they were just hawking cheap junk that no stores would carry.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a van going around Santa Ana right now selling VR equipment, laptops and sunglasses.

"Hey buddy, the warehouse made a mistake, instead of 4 speakers they gave me 14! These are quality stereo speakers that retail for $1000 each, and I can give them to you for $100. Interested?"

Got that while driving in Lake Forest years ago. Most who fell for it ended up with crappy speakers and some didn't even work.

I guess my gut instinct was right.  If you don't recognize the brand, it's probably junk.  If you do recognize the brand, it still could be a knockoff.  If it's VR equipment, sunglasses and laptops, it's probably the real deal (just stolen).

http://mynewsla.com/orange-county/2...ot-hunt-for-gunman-who-wounded-irvine-victim/

Who fired that shot? Hunt for gunman who wounded Irvine victim
POSTED BY DEBBIE L. SKLAR ON MAY 11, 2017 IN OC | 3,839 VIEWS | LEAVE A RESPONSE

Police Thursday hunted the attacker who shot and wounded a 20-year-old man near an Irvine apartment complex.

Few details were yet available about the shooting, including a possible motive.

The shooting was reported around 10 p.m. Wednesday at 1 Monroe, said Capt. Larry Kurtz of the Orange County Fire Authority.

The victim suffered a single gunshot wound that was deemed not to be life- threatening, Kurtz said. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Kurtz said Irvine police officers were canvassing the area but details of the shooting were not immediately available.

?City News Service

Back