Irvine Crime Wave

Burn That Belly said:
They come from compton, south central, south LA, watts, huntington park, inglewood, etc.

To understand why they are doing this, we need to understand where they're coming from.

1) either one of mom and pops are in jail, or both in jail and under foster care or grandma care, or parents are shooting up all day
2) high school delinquent or drop-out,
3) no real job so no money
4) recruited as part of a gang or "crew"

Since there's absolutely nothing else better to do in Compton where they're statistically more likely to get shot by their own people with B-on-B killings as evident in Chicago, it's better to commit these crimes in "less resistant" and more "subservient" neighborhoods.

There has never been a case I've heard recently in which a homeowner in Irvine has fought back with fists, weapons or a gun. 

Hmm

This is pretty scary and that's babysitter was awesome, remember to grab the child before she run outta there. 

Burn That Belly said:

Damn that was a fast edit YF.  Something about deers and wolves.  then wolves being afraid of bears or something.  Somehow color of animals makes no difference even though it's a complete different type of animal: deer and bear.  But it's our perceived danger of a bear *fight or flight* that makes us afraid...weird analogy YF

But I'm a believer that crimes happen not due to color but due to financial reasons and situations.  I don't agree with "there's nothing better to do" so let's do crime in Compton lol....the solution I think at the end will be a universal basic income like that proposed by people like zuckerberg etc.  Everybody gets a minimum amount of money to survive.  Maybe add a component of being charged with crimes makes you forfeit that income.  Think crime would drop significantly. 

Liar Loan said:
Yes, because welfare has been highly successful at stopping crime up until now.

I don't think welfare is the same as a universal basic income IMO.  The benefits of welfare diminish as your wages go up so I think those people we're trying to help actually feel deterred from improving, cycle of poverty.  Say basic income is $1000/month for the rest of your life regardless might be better for them to try to improve and provide more assistance to their life (should in theory stop petty crime like shoplifting or pickpocketing/small stealing crime in order to have food/provide for family).  Welfare is sort of a temporary assistance "to get back on your feet" that not everyone qualifies for. 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-santens/universal-basic-income-wi_b_8354072.html

Obviously tough to find to compare a city of thousands to somewhere like LA but results seem promising.  Don't think we'll see it in our lifetime in the US though.  Hard to compare but after visiting places like London/Australia, everyone in general seems happier there and able to afford a livable wage even as a waiter/server.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/0...r-student-housing-after-attempted-kidnapping/

IRVINE ? UC Irvine police are continuing increased patrols in the student-housing areas on campus after an attempted kidnapping early Tuesday, Aug. 8.

A female student was walking near 200 Arroyo Drive in the early morning when she was approached by a male driving an older-model, blue Toyota Rav 4, UCI police said.

The driver asked the student if she needed a ride, and she said no. Then he told the student he had a gun. She refused to get in the vehicle, and he drove off.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact UCI police at 949-824-5223.

I remember in the 90's Irvine PD used to have a "broken windows" policy by harassing the Asian students at UCI and hispanics driving older vehicles.  It got so bad that Will Ferrell even parodied it on SNL.  Does the IPD still have that reputation or have they turned into a bunch of softies allowing this crime wave to flourish?

Not the same video.. but he does give a shout out to his hometown here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJpouN7isrg[/youtube]

More gangsters moving into the Irvine hood. He must like the school district and close proximity to Whole Foods.  I wonder who ratted this guy out?

------------http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/1...g-drugs-weapons-from-apartment-near-spectrum/

Irvine man arrested on suspicion of selling drugs, weapons from apartment near Spectrum

mirelesmug.jpg

IRVINE ? An Irvine resident suspected of selling narcotics and guns out of his apartment was arrested Thursday afternoon on drugs and weapons charges, authorities said.

The 24-year-old man is accused of possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute, possession of an assault weapon, and possession of a stolen loaded weapon, the Irvine Police Department said in a statement.

Robert K. Mireles was arrested Thursday, August 17, near his home in the Los Olivos Village apartments, which are in the Irvine Spectrum area, authorities said.

At the time of his arrest, Mireles was armed with a loaded 9 mm handgun that had been reported stolen, authorities said. Thousands of Xanax pills, two rifles and ammunition were found inside the suspect?s apartment.

The arrest culminated a month-long investigation by Irvine Police Detectives on Mireles? activity. Police discovered that the suspect was allegedly selling drugs and guns out his apartment, the report said.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Matt Yparrea at 949-724-7084.

my wallet was stolen from my car last night around 7pm.  we were parked outside the pool in orchard hill

the thief charged $1k on my credit cards

anybody see any suspicious acitivities around the pool next to vista scena?  the charges were at 9pm at the tustin target. 

Back