Irvine Crime Wave

tdg said:
my wallet was stolen from my car last night around 7pm.  we were parked outside the pool in orchard hill

the thief charged $1k on my credit cards

anybody see any suspicious acitivities around the pool next to vista scena?  the charges were at 9pm at the tustin target.

Did you call the Five-O? There might be camera footage of them using your card.

not worried about the money.  they took about $200 cash from wallet. credit card companies won't charge me for those unauthorized charges.  i'm just pissed someone had the balls to go in my car (which was locked not sure how it happened) and steal my stuff.

i called the target and the employees were so nonchalant about it like it happens everyday.  they didnt care to listen to my concern.  i hung up after it reached the manager and they still didn't care.  just told me to cancel my cc.  they didn't even ask any details about it.

tdg said:
not worried about the money.  they took about $200 cash from wallet. credit card companies won't charge me for those unauthorized charges.  i'm just pissed someone had the balls to go in my car (which was locked not sure how it happened) and steal my stuff.

i called the target and the employees were so nonchalant about it like it happens everyday.  they didnt care to listen to my concern.  i hung up after it reached the manager and they still didn't care.  just told me to cancel my cc.  they didn't even ask any details about it.

That's true. They can't do a thing either. Places don't check ID.

I would see it sometimes. It's obvious when they buy a few visa gift cards as well.

eyephone said:
tdg said:
my wallet was stolen from my car last night around 7pm.  we were parked outside the pool in orchard hill

the thief charged $1k on my credit cards

anybody see any suspicious acitivities around the pool next to vista scena?  the charges were at 9pm at the tustin target.

Did you call the Five-O? There might be camera footage of them using your card.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Make sure you report it to the police.

Email or call Officer Matthew Mahoney-- area commander for IPD.

mmahoney@cityofirvine.org
(949) 724-7059.
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/ipd/geo/portola.asp

The California Court Company said:
I leave my wallet in the car all the time even when I park outside overnight. on the driver seat nonethless. no issues for the last 5 years in Irvine

Not good practice. It's like leaving the front door unlock.

i was swimming with the family. doubt leaving wallet lying around swimming pool would be safer...even in a bag. 

parked outside the swimming pool.  i hid the wallet underneath a tissue box,  wallet wasn't in plain view not sure why i was targeted.  i drive a freaking minivan, doesn't scream $$$

tdg said:
i was swimming with the family. doubt leaving wallet lying around swimming pool would be safer...even in a bag. 

parked outside the swimming pool.  i hid the wallet underneath a tissue box,  wallet wasn't in plain view not sure why i was targeted.  i drive a freaking minivan, doesn't scream $$$

The pool is gated though. Mostly just residents inside.

Target might have the thief on camera at the register.

Not sure how they got in your car. What kind of lock do you have? Can a fake key be made or hacked?

My hubby is not allowed to have my key with the clicker thing in his pocket. When he walks, the key lock clicks unlocking our car, without him knowing. (Same thing happened when we were younger and he had the garage door opener in his pocket....... open, close, open, close, open close every stinking time he used the lawn mower and moved forward. (yes................ many years ago we had a lawn and he mowed it..... I know very unirvine like but it was years ago when people did mow their own lawns). I couldn't figure out how our car was always unlocked when I KNOW I locked it and then one day I heard it click when we were walking to a store and bamm......... knew it was just like that garage door opener years ago.

yea not sure how he got in.  just your typical honda key with remote. 

whoever did it is not very bright.  target for sure will have them on camera.  i have the store and exact time of transaction from credit card company. 

it's only matter of the police giving 2 sh1ts about this petty crime.  its just annoying more than anything.

tdg said:
yea not sure how he got in.  just your typical honda key with remote. 

whoever did it is not very bright.  target for sure will have them on camera.  i have the store and exact time of transaction from credit card company. 

it's only matter of the police giving 2 sh1ts about this petty crime.  its just annoying more than anything.

Speaking of cameras, did your break-in occur on the Groves side of OH? I believe they video record every car going in and out of the community.

Liar Loan said:
I remember in the 90's Irvine PD used to have a "broken windows" policy by harassing the Asian students at UCI and hispanics driving older vehicles.

I can personally verify this.

We weren't at UCI, I'm not Asian and I wasn't even driving but after IPD questioned my buddy who was driving (he was Asian), they asked me for my driver's license, which I didn't have because we were going to play basketball. At that point they started asking me where I lived, why I didn't have my license, etc etc.

I don't think they are that salty today.

Back