ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Pants on fire gonna pants on fire.

Your knack for foot in mouth is comical.

Post when you find substance.

That's why you have to use colored fonts and emojis.

Really? My argument for the last several years has been this pointless government push for electric vehicles would end up being a financial disaster, and that’s exactly what is happening. Wasted tax payer money for the foolish decisions of our feel good bureaucrats who have little of no understanding of basic economics and business in the ridiculous pursuit of 🦄🌈🤦🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
But that's not the point of this thread.

It's what type of car will you buy in the future and why?

Most of the responses here are EVs and for me, it's not about the government help... the first EV I got was a Tesla, no government credits back then. It's about the better driving experience, lower reliance on fossil fuels and less maintenance/fuel costs.

You won't accept that could be part of the reason EVs are now over 15% saturation and rising.

No one used the Internet before... now everyone does.

Technology gonna technology.

Clean air credits helped fund that first Tesla you bought, taxpayer funded clean credits. Additionally, my arguments have always been exactly along the lines of this thread, ICE is really the only choice currently that makes any sense. 15% of new car sales is nothing. They represent only about 2% of the overall existing car market and likely it’s going to stay there. That 2% was wastefully funded by taxpayer money so that a few very rich people could drive around a fun toy, and claim their saving the earth. Massive waste of money.🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Really? My argument for the last several years has been this pointless government push for electric vehicles would end up being a financial disaster, and that’s exactly what is happening. Wasted tax payer money for the foolish decisions of our feel good bureaucrats who have little of no understanding of basic economics and business in the ridiculous pursuit of 🦄🌈🤦🏽‍♂️
been away golfing and coming back to the same old arguments

what can we say, your argument failed you, pointless government push would end up being a financial disaster?
how many times do we mention, the gains from tesla = winning which you did not partake in

Also... decades of subsidies for oil so that's a moot point.

@morekaos : You posted an article long ago about the advantages of EVs over ICE not being substantial but when challenged on it, you had no retort.

Other than your broken record of tax waste (which is on everything), what is your argument?

Uh... 15% and counting is not a failure. Model Y is the number one selling car in the world... that's a pretty good failure.

You would be happy if you could get 15% of your posts right. :)

15% of new car sales is nothing. It’s 2% of total fleet…within a margin of error and totally inconsequential relative to the cost…no effect on the environment and adoption hopes…total failure in persuit of 🦄🌈🌈

Reliable operation, lower maintenance, cheap to operate, these EVs are just what they told us they would be….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

US Opens Probe Into 73,000 Chevrolet Volt Cars Over Loss of Power​

WASHINGTON—A U.S. auto safety regulator said on Friday it is opening an investigation into 73,000 Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid cars over reports of abrupt loss of power, failures to restart and other issues.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it was opening the preliminary evaluation into the 2016 through 2019 model year Chevrolet Volt after 61 complaints tied to the battery energy control module (BECM). Some complaints reported there was little to no warning before the loss of operating power or reduced power mode occurred.
Some owners have told NHTSA they have waited months or been unable to get replacement battery modules after experiencing the issue.
An owner in Los Angeles said the Volt "suddenly, and unexpectedly lost propulsion while driving. The vehicle is no longer able to turn on or drive."

Another owner reported the Volt would not drive more than over 35 miles per hour on the highway "and it stops driving on electricity randomly."

Repair and maintenance will be cheaper?….Another lie shot down by reality…that's just mules and fog... not Unicorns and rainbows...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Why Repairing Your EV Is So Expensive

Battery-powered vehicles face longer wait times and bigger repair bills than gasoline-engine vehicles

Electric-vehicle owners are finding a surprising downside to their new wheels: They tend to be expensive to repair after a crash.

When Scott MacFiggen's neighbor backed into his Rivian R1T pickup truck last summer, the vehicle was left with a dent the size of a bowling ball under a rear taillamp.

MacFiggen was expecting a couple-thousand-dollar bill from the repair shop and to be without his truck for a couple of weeks. "I guess I was a little naive," said the 51-year-old San Francisco resident. The actual bill came to $22,000, and the vehicle took 2½ months to fix.

For EVs, repairs following a collision can cost thousands of dollars more than their gas-powered counterparts, because the fixes tend to require more replacement parts, the vehicles are more complicated and fewer people do such repairs. While those issues may ease over time, first-time electric owners may be startled by the higher costs and longer wait times.

Last edited:
Ford hitting sales records with EVs despite scaling back:

And seeing how expensive the Cybertruck is ($61k version won't be out until 2025), Ford can move more metal this next year or so.

I actually prefer the Lightning as a traditional truck but the technology in the CT is amazing (and I'm not talking about the triangle shape).

What is the amazing tech in the CT? I do like the idea on the F150 of plugging in your house during a blackout.

only six months until the ID.BUZZ? If it is really going to be fully-loaded in the $50k-range, I might be enticed by a vanagon!

What is the amazing tech in the CT?
I posted a video in the Cybertruck thread. To name a few:
- 48v architecture
- Battery/speed/weight efficiency
- Steer by wire and 4-wheel steering (not new but cool)
- Structural frame integrity
- Bidirectional charging (they call it Powershare) so similar to the F-150

Not sure if that Buzz is ever going to come out. Saw the Euro long wheelbase (3-row) at the LA Autoshow and it is nice but it's not going to be $50k.

CT is so ugly that I can't see myself driving one, regardless of how amazing it may be. But then again, I'm not a truck person, so that's a moot point.

I am a truck person... or used to be. I don't want the CT either... but I do like the beefiness... like I said in the CT thread... waiting for the CyberSUV.

EV sales increase 50% over previous year:

Hyundai/Kia still doing well:

And Tesla gearing up for the $25 low-cost Tesla that morekaos won't be able to find for less than $70k. :)

When one year you sell 2 cars and the next year you sell 3…sales jump 50%…starting from a 0 base this is hardly impressive…nor will it be “sustainable “ …a word I hate🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂🦄🌈

Back