ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
If you are leasing, BMW and MBZs are just as cheap as other EVs.

When I charge at the public chargers, BMWs and MBZs are in high numbers (which surprises me because you would think they could afford to charge at home)... so somebody wants them.

Leasing’s for suckers and recent college grads who can’t afford to buy…without any tax advantages it’s just glorified renting…no wonder they can’t afford a home charger…they rent everything to appear to be wealthy and in😂🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

Extremly happy and Thankfull on this Thanksgiving eve. I am always grateful and happy with my position in life. I grieve for others who suffer needlessly because of idealistic fools and their policies…on that , yes, I am negative. Regardless, I hope you and all of yours have a wonderfully family filled Thanksgiving. I love the holidays and it’s off to Joe Josts to have a beer and a “special” with family and friends!🍻

Saw a Fisker Ocean SUV in the wild driving towards LA on the 5.

Not an attractive vehicle relative to the ad photos. Reminded me of a RR Evoque, only uglier.

Anyone else spotted one?

Saw a Fisker Ocean SUV in the wild driving towards LA on the 5.

Not an attractive vehicle relative to the ad photos. Reminded me of a RR Evoque, only uglier.

Anyone else spotted one?
Saw one the other day near the airport. I agree, I thought it would look nicer in person but it certainly wasn’t. And from the inside it’s worse with that solar panel moonroof. I was once an investor but got out at the right time.

And Chrysler continues to die a painful, arduous and preventable death….

Stellantis CEO has bad news for the future of EVs​

"One of my tasks is to prepare the company for new framework conditions," said Tavares. "We have plans prepared for this."
Stellantis is currently running with its Dare Forward 2030 plan, which aims for all sales of new cars and trucks in Europe and half in the United States to be fully-electric models.

Last edited:
CA is great for Teslas as I've found SCs everywhere I've been up and down the state EXCEPT North SD County. Beware if you're ever down there. The AirBnB ownewr warned me and it was accurate - had to drive a few exits on the fwy up to Carlsbad.

Turns out the laws Of economics can’t be repealed by Presidential executive order…🙄🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Car dealers openly beg Biden to put brakes on electric vehicle drive​

No one's buying these things. Just, uh, ignore the massive markups

Nearly 4,000 US auto dealers have signed an open letter urging the Biden administration to slow its plan to push electric vehicles (EVs) onto the populace – because demand is apparently low and the darn things just aren't selling that well.

The missive puts a dealer spin on what's been reported around America - that battery electric vehicles are sitting on lots unsold now that early adopters have snagged their electric rides. Even the price cuts, manufacturer incentives, and government rebates aren't moving inventory, so the story goes.

"While the goals of the regulations are admirable, they require consumer acceptance to become a reality," the signatories wrote. "With each passing day, it becomes more apparent that this attempted electric vehicle mandate is unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand."

Turns out the laws Of economics can’t be repealed by Presidential executive order…🙄🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Car dealers openly beg Biden to put brakes on electric vehicle drive​

No one's buying these things. Just, uh, ignore the massive markups

Nearly 4,000 US auto dealers have signed an open letter urging the Biden administration to slow its plan to push electric vehicles (EVs) onto the populace – because demand is apparently low and the darn things just aren't selling that well.

The missive puts a dealer spin on what's been reported around America - that battery electric vehicles are sitting on lots unsold now that early adopters have snagged their electric rides. Even the price cuts, manufacturer incentives, and government rebates aren't moving inventory, so the story goes.

"While the goals of the regulations are admirable, they require consumer acceptance to become a reality," the signatories wrote. "With each passing day, it becomes more apparent that this attempted electric vehicle mandate is unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand."

You really need to read the articles you post:

However, the data suggests otherwise in some cases: According to the US Energy Information Administration, sales of light-duty EVs and hybrids rose to an all-time high in Q3 of this year, accounting for just shy of 18 percent of new vehicle purchases. The second quarter of the year also set a record for EV sales, per Cox Automotive, with nearly 300,000 new fully battery-electric vehicles sold over the three month period.

And it goes on to say that if demand wasn't high, why do the dealers keep marking the EVs up? That's the law of greedynomics that's slowing their sales.

This is also why almost every automaker adopted the Tesla NACS, so they use the Tesla Supercharger network to help solve the infrastructure issue.

EV gonna EV.

Even your biased publication admits the cracks are growing…economics still economics…😂😂😂🦄🌈

Ford loses nearly 400 participants from its EV dealer program​

After asking its dealers to join it “on an epic journey of sustainable expansion,” Ford revealed over two-thirds of its dealers joined almost a year ago. However, close to 400 dealers have dropped out of the program since then.

Electrek’s Take​

However, Ford said, “But we need to specialize.” The EV dealer program was designed to do that. But with backlash from dealers, Ford is easing requirements.

The move comes after Ford announced several major delays to its EV plans. Ford is pushing back around $12 billion in EV spending altogether.

It also cut one of three shifts at its EV plant in Michigan, where the F-150 Lightning is built. CFO John Lawler added the company has “taken out some Mustang Mach-E production” last month. He explained, “We are also slowing down several investments, including making a decision with SK On to delay the second BlueOval SK JV battery plant in Kentucky.”

Even your biased publication admits the cracks are growing…economics still economics…
You forgot to link to the articles on Electrek that outline the rising EV adoption rate, more legacy automakers committing to full electrification and Hyundai/Kia pausing an ICE plant to focus on EVs.

Cherry pick gonna cherry pick.

Does anyone know a Kia dealer that will sell an EV9 without ADM, dealer extras, or F&I extras?
If you reserve one I think you can ask the dealership if they will have add-ons (actual or not).

I'd reach out to a broker as they have better relationships with dealers but hot models like EV9 will usually be marked up no matter what Kia advises.

That's why I can wait... the US made 2025s might be better anyways. :)

You forgot to link to the articles on Electrek that outline the rising EV adoption rate, more legacy automakers committing to full electrification and Hyundai/Kia pausing an ICE plant to focus on EVs.

Cherry pick gonna cherry pick.
…old articles…the one posted is a freshie…🍻😂😂😂🫡🦄🌈

You really need to work on your internet/reading skills. The articles I just referred to are newer or the same day as yours.

Loser gonna lose.

…cause it’s a biased hack publication, that’s why their akcnowelgment that the distribution network support is collapsing is so telling. You can’t spin the truth at some point in time, you can’t hold back the tides🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🤷🏽‍♂️

Back