ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Is Polestar a car company or lifestyle company?

Seriously, their showroom is in South Coast Plaza by the carousel court.
I haven’t been there in a while, but either bmw or Benz had a temp pop up shop at south coast. Porsche (with a car inside) is still there I believe.

The song remains the same…this reminds me of the late 90’s when .com was going up and the analysts were chirping to ignore the losses…Revenue is what matters…they tried to justify the lofty valuations by making up an indicator to replace the Price/Earnings ratio…they called it the Price/Revenue ratio (even started using it in stock research reports)….it failed spectacularly…losing more and more money each quarter with no real end in sight leads to EToys and a crash…the song remains the same….

Polestar second-quarter loss widens as it ramps up EV deliveries

· Polestar lost $304 million in the second quarter, on revenue of $685 million.

· The news came as part of Polestar’s second-quarter earnings report. The company’s shares were down 9% in early trading following the news. Polestar’s stock has fallen almost 35% this year.

· The company’s net loss for the period was $304.1 million, or 14 cents per share. On an adjusted basis, it had a loss of $334.4 million.

· A year ago, Polestar’s net loss was $228.2 million,

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/31/polestar-psny-earnings-q2-2023.html

View attachment 9194
Well, except for Tesla. Analysts talking about losses, etc. and lost a whole bunch of money shorting it
Guess that’s a different tune.

I suppose so if you were short, I never was and I don’t know anyone else who was it either .🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Last edited:
EV scorecard:

Tesla IHO wins
Rivian IHO yes, morekaos no
Lucid IHO neutral, morekaos no
Chinese EVs (BYD,Nio,etc) IHO yes, morekaos no
VinFast IHO no, morekaos no
Fisker IHO doubtful, moreaos ?
Big 3 IHO yes, morekaos doomed
Big 3 Asian (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai/Kia) IHO yes, morekaos no
Euro IHO yes, morekaos no

Is the above right?

I have said it before. The only auto I am long is RACE. Short a lot of them on and off, short positions are for trading only, not investments. My long positions are in other industries and sectors. Autos like airlines suck long term. Better and easier places to make dough.🤷🏽‍♂️

EV scorecard:

Tesla IHO wins
Rivian IHO yes, morekaos no
Lucid IHO neutral, morekaos no
Chinese EVs (BYD,Nio,etc) IHO yes, morekaos no
VinFast IHO no, morekaos no
Fisker IHO doubtful, moreaos ?
Big 3 IHO yes, morekaos doomed
Big 3 Asian (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai/Kia) IHO yes, morekaos no
Euro IHO yes, morekaos no

Is the above right?
And if you want to play the would have should have game you like to play with Tesla then for comparison sake you have to start your support of these companies at their humble price beginnings…double digit losses ago.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Your statement is inaccurate. You said Telsa would fail, plain and simple. Forget stock shorting/whatever... Tesla has done the opposite of fail. They have expanded beyond the US and have become one of the highest selling vehicles not just in Cali or the US but also globally.

Why do we have to start where you want to cherry pick from? I am talking right now.

It is you and AW that like to cite the long term stock chart on TSLA and call always cherry picking when I use a shorter term chart to show its failure. In my biz, stock price is the ultimate indicator of success and failure. As I have said many times I don’t own TSLA, Made far more shorting the other names than if I had. My general call on the EV space is overwhelmingly correct. Every one of those companies, whether new or legacy has failed or is failing. In time, Tesla may also fail (there is no Buy.com or Myspace any more) we shall see. My job is to call the trend and take advantage of it for my clients. I really have no emotional connection (they could be making rubber dog shit for all I care) but when I see manias like EV’s and everybody jumping on board all at once without thinking it through…there is money to made sweeping up their mess.

Last edited:
It is you and AW that like to cite the long term stock chart on TSLA and call always cherry picking when I use a shorter term chart to show its failure. In my biz stock price is the ultimate indicator of success and failure. As I have said many times I don’t own TSLA, Made far more shorting the other names than if I had. My general call on the EV space is overwhelmingly correct. Every one of those companies, whether new or legacy has failed or is failing. In time, Tesla may also fail (there is no Buy.com or Myspace any more) we shall see. My job is to call the trend and take advantage of it for my clients. I really have no emotional connection (they could be making rubber dog shit for all I care) but when I see manias like EV’s and everybody jumping on board all at once without thinking it through…there is money to made sweeping up their mess.
Friday entertainment is here!

So you don't see it's the same crap, it's cherry picking. I like to cite long term stock chart for TSLA just like how you cherry pick your data, I can show that one day when RACE lost money just like how you can show that (insert time period) that TSLA lost money. Any hindsight view with selecting the time period to prove your narrative is cherry picking.

If biz stock price is the ultimate indicator of success and failure, then how is TSLA a failure? 18000% a failure?
TSLA may also fail, sure, but so can any other company, it's a pointless statement. Look at Enron, did you predict that to fail?

You made more than shorting the other names than TSLA's 18000% gain? Ha ha, again, I highly doubt it

The difference is I actually own RACE… you probably never owned Tesla🤷🏽‍♂️ I have to put my money where my mouth is…you have the luxury of sitting in the peanut gallery😂🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Uhh... I only cite from when you said Tesla would fail (check your post history)... it's your own proclamation that is "cherry picking' the start date.

That's why I put up the scorecard starting now. Let's see who does what over time.

Tesla is already a win (even though you are still holding on to them failing).

And you are so dead wrong about EVs.. it is not a mania... it's an evolution... just like the Internet, smart phones and media streaming... you just are too stuck in the mud to see it.

I have no short or open position right now in any of those stocks and you want to start after they’ve already lost 80% of their value. I’ve already made my money and moved on. Your list really should start somewhere around 2020 October prices when we began this little conversation.

You keep talking about stocks... the only reason I mention them is because that seems to be your only measurement of success.

Does my scoreboard even mention stocks? I'm talking about those companies EV products/business success. Your viewpoint is so narrow.

because stock price is a good arbiter of success or failure with all those companies. Success, the price goes up failure, the price goes down or zeros out.

Back