ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Record profits by oil companies means they’re running their business properly and supplying the world and the country with a product that they not only want but they need. If this administration would let them think it’s applied at an even cheaper price , and still make those record profits

aka price gouging customers

there's no reason for gas prices to be this high, but of course there's some "excuse"

Record profits by oil companies means they’re running their business properly and supplying the world and the country with a product that they not only want but they need. If this administration would let them think it’s applied at an even cheaper price , and still make those record profits
I thought you understood business and finance?

Do you actually think that if the government made oil cheaper to produce that Big Oil would pass that on proportionately to the consumer?

Profit gonna profit... or actually... gouge gonna gouge.

maybe it’s you that doesn’t understand business. Oil companies exist on a markup margin. That’s why $100 oil or $60 oil they always make money. it’s volume the pays the bills In the end.

…and just like Hurricane overhype…EV hype just doesn’t deliver…and you wonder why no one believes the government or media anymore?...🙄😂😂😂

EVs Fall Short of EPA Estimates by a Much Larger Margin Than Gas Cars in Our Real-World Highway Testing

• SAE International has just published a paper co-authored by Car and Driver's testing director, Dave VanderWerp, showing that, in our testing, EVs are far worse at matching EPA estimates than gas-powered vehicles.
  • The paper compares EPA fuel-economy and range estimates to the results of C/D's real-world highway tests, with EVs failing to meet the EPA's range figures on average.
· A new paper published by SAE International uses Car and Driver's real-world highway test data to show that electric vehicles underperform on real-world efficiency and range relative to the EPA figures by a much greater margin than internal-combustion vehicles. While the latter typically meet or exceed the EPA-estimated highway fuel economy numbers, EVs tend to fall considerably short of the range number on the window sticker. The paper, written by Car and Driver's testing director, Dave VanderWerp, and Gregory Pannone, was presented this week at SAE International's annual WCX conference. It points to a need for revised testing and labeling standards for EVs moving forward.

· "Basically we've taken a look at how vehicles perform relative to the values on the window sticker, looking at the difference between what the label says and what we actually see in our real-world highway test," explained VanderWerp. "We see a big difference in that gap between gas-powered vehicles and the performance of EVs. The real question is: When first-time customers are buying EVs, are they going to be pleasantly surprised or disappointed by the range?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...e&cvid=80d1fdd6cf56445fb4d95c1252b2f314&ei=16

We chose 75 mph for our test because driving at a steady elevated speed is the worst range case for an EV (this is not the case for a gas-powered car, which we run at 75 mph to get a highway fuel-economy figure).

What, you mean my odyssey gets close to 30 MPG barreling down I10 to Phoenix at 80MPH? My Bolt which is designed around sitting in rush hour traffic or the pick up line at school gets more like 3.8 mpk, instead of it's usual 4.3?

I am shocked.

Do you need them to do a chore running test? You know where all the mileage is sitting on the 405 at rush hour, driving tustin ranch to go get groceries and shuttling kids across surface street to practice?

or would like the abridged version? My odyssey will get 16 MPG and the my bolt will get closer to 4.5mpe In dollars at $5/gallon locally, that's $100 versus about $35 (provided I'm paying for it and not using the Volta or other freebie charging around).

Last edited:
maybe it’s you that doesn’t understand business. Oil companies exist on a markup margin. That’s why $100 oil or $60 oil they always make money. it’s volume the pays the bills In the end.
we understand alright, they exist on marking all the way up to somehow record profits and enjoying subsidies at the expense of consumers.
how much is gas prices again?

we understand alright, they exist on marking all the way up to somehow record profits and enjoying subsidies at the expense of consumers.
how much is gas prices again?
Way higher than they should be, drill, baby drill!!

Wouldn’t touch it with your money… I bolded some points for you too…Troubled water lay ahead…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

China’s EV slowdown drags down Nvidia’s ‘next billion-dollar business’

· China is the world’s largest auto market. In the last few years, the country has become a driver of the global push toward electric cars.

· The automotive segment, which Nvidia has said it expects to become a billion-dollar business, reported its first sequential decline in quarterly revenue in more than a year.

“The sequential decrease primarily reflects lower overall auto demand, particularly in China,” Nvidia’s Chief Financial Officer Colette Kress said in a statement on the quarterly results. their automotive chip companies are also seeing sequential revenue declines in the segment.

He said the sequential automotive revenue decline could be the result of excess inventory among Chinese manufacturers, as well as their downward revisions of sales forecasts for high-end vehicles in the coming two quarters

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/25/chi...n-dollar-business.html?&qsearchterm=china byd

Goin just great in China…wouldn’t you agree?...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Nio reports wider second-quarter loss amid China slowdown and product line revamp

· Nio lost $835 million in the second quarter, more than twice its year-ago loss.

· Deliveries were down in the period as it transitioned to new models amid China’s economic slowdown.

Chinese electric vehicle maker Nio lost $835.1 million in the second quarter, more than twice its year-ago loss as deliveries of its upscale EVs slipped amid a transition to an updated vehicle platform and a broader economic slowdown in China.

Here are the key numbers from Nio’s second-quarter earnings report, compared with Wall Street estimates as reported by Refinitiv.

· Revenue: 8.77 billion yuan ($1.21 billion), vs. 9.25 billion yuan expected.

· Adjusted loss per share: 3.28 yuan (45 cents), vs. 2.45 yuan expected.

The company’s shares were down 5% in midday trading following the news.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/29/nio...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Goin just great in China…wouldn’t you agree?...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Nio reports wider second-quarter loss amid China slowdown and product line revamp

· Nio lost $835 million in the second quarter, more than twice its year-ago loss.

· Deliveries were down in the period as it transitioned to new models amid China’s economic slowdown.

Chinese electric vehicle maker Nio lost $835.1 million in the second quarter, more than twice its year-ago loss as deliveries of its upscale EVs slipped amid a transition to an updated vehicle platform and a broader economic slowdown in China.
Cherry picker strikes again!

I actually read your links and you left out this part (conveniently):

1693416296403.png

Just shows your bias once again.

And I already posted in July how NIo's stock is rebounding... but you also left out the end of your article:

CEO William Bin Li said in a statement that the July result was enough to put Nio at the top of China’s sales charts for EVs priced above 300,000 yuan (about $41,000) for the month.

“We expect a solid growth in vehicle deliveries in the second half of 2023,” he said.

Nio also boosted its balance sheet in July, closing a $738.5 million equity investment from a fund controlled by the government of Abu Dhabi on July 12. The company had $4.3 billion in cash and equivalents on hand as of the end of June.

Nio now expects to deliver between 55,000 and 57,000 vehicles in the third quarter, up significantly from the 31,607 EVs it delivered in the third quarter of 2022. It expects its revenue for the period to fall between $2.61 billion and $2.69 billion, up from $1.83 billion in the year-ago period.

Thanks for proving EVs are doing well in China... again.

morekaosfail gonna morekaosfail. :)

😂😂😂 of course he’s going to say that! He has no choice but to put a smiley face on the pig . Just like Ford and GM. They’ve picked their road, now They’ve got a hoe it. Too bad that roads going to drive right off a cliff, but they will be singing all the way into the ground. Taking those poor shareholders with them.

Reading is fundamental... my rebound post was in July which your chart shows because you posted a previous Nio post where the stock was dying.

Even after the August high, it's still higher than your post.

Please stop posting until you learn to read.

Last edited:
The song remains the same…this reminds me of the late 90’s when .com was going up and the analysts were chirping to ignore the losses…Revenue is what matters…they tried to justify the lofty valuations by making up an indicator to replace the Price/Earnings ratio…they called it the Price/Revenue ratio (even started using it in stock research reports)….it failed spectacularly…losing more and more money each quarter with no real end in sight leads to EToys and a crash…the song remains the same….

Polestar second-quarter loss widens as it ramps up EV deliveries

· Polestar lost $304 million in the second quarter, on revenue of $685 million.

· The news came as part of Polestar’s second-quarter earnings report. The company’s shares were down 9% in early trading following the news. Polestar’s stock has fallen almost 35% this year.

· The company’s net loss for the period was $304.1 million, or 14 cents per share. On an adjusted basis, it had a loss of $334.4 million.

· A year ago, Polestar’s net loss was $228.2 million,

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/31/polestar-psny-earnings-q2-2023.html

IMG_0620.png
https://youtu.be/DtVKz0rv4cg?si=kJkIMNBhL4aDBaz1

Back