ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
That video is a little misleading as it bakes in the 7500 tax credit. I’m guessing most folks on this board don’t qualify for the tax credit.

That video is a little misleading as it bakes in the 7500 tax credit. I’m guessing most folks on this board don’t qualify for the tax credit.
I hated it when Tesla used to give you the price including tax credits (and gas savings) on their website as default. You would have to click on another tab to see the ACTUAL price. Really misleading.

The new Fed Credit requirements are so restrictive... not sure if anyone buying a $47k car will qualify (or should).

But the Model 3 does start at just under $40k.

Interesting how these normalized back to more sane prices.

Toss it on the fire with the others….🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

AUTOS

Lordstown Motors warns of bankruptcy after Foxconn threatens to walk away from crucial funding deal

· Lordstown said in a Monday filing that Foxconn has threatened to walk away from a crucial funding deal.

· Foxconn argued that the deal has been breached because Lordstown got a delisting notice from NASDAQ.

· Lordstown said if the deal doesn’t happen, it may go bankrupt.

· The embattled startup struck a deal to sell its Ohio factory to the Taiwanese contract-manufacturing giant last year. Following that deal, which closed in May 2022, the two companies agreed to a second deal in which Foxconn would invest up to $170 million in Lordstown, amounting to a 19.3% stake.

· Foxconn paid the first $52.7 million due under that deal last year, but the remainder – and the deal itself – is now in jeopardy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/01/lor...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Great earnings report today for Ford. The EV unit only lost $722M...!

Per quarter for a grand total of $3,000,000,000.00 For 2023…or over $5,000,000,000.00 over 22-23…great plan, they will probably join Lordstown on the pyre soon…

Ford Motor disclosed Thursday that its electric vehicle unit, called Ford Model e, lost $2.1 billion in 2022 — and could lose as much as $3 billion in 2023.”

Henry Ford is turning in his grave…🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆🤦🏽‍♂️

Ford posts April sales gain as F-Series comes roaring back

Ford Motor Co.'s U.S. sales rose 4% year-over-year in April, bolstered by strong results in the truck segment.

The Dearborn automaker sold 184,002 vehicles in the United States last month. Sales of internal combustion engine vehicles were up 5.6%, while hybrid vehicle sales slipped 6.9% and electric-vehicle sales fell 25%

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...n-as-f-series-comes-roaring-back/70178555007/

Lordstown was always troubled... no surprise there.

Ford will continue to show losses... but not forever.

Ford's issue is what morekaos harps about... they don't have any affordable EVs. That's why they are cutting prices on the Mach-E... while the Lightning has increased prices from 22 to 23... so much that the high-end trims can finally be found at MSRP (or discounted). The $40k Pro model starts at $53k now and Ford make a limited amount.

So it's Ford's own fault for pricing their EVs out of range.

GM is no different. The Silverado and Blazers will start over the magic $30,000 as will the Equinox when and if it ever shows up…Doomed!

Equinox EV supposed to start at $30k.

And the average car price is $44k.

Whose magic $30k number is that? The stick in the mud number?

Elon thinks Ford strategy is "smart"... and since morekaos pooped on both Tesla and Ford... we know what that means.... success!

For the first time since separating its electric vehicle (Model e) business unit, Ford has detailed the financials behind its electric vehicle programs and confirmed that its EV business is currently generating 40% negative margins.

A Twitter user tweeted this fact to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who actually had words of encouragement for Ford:

“Always tough with margins for new vehicle lines, especially when there are major technology shifts. I think Ford’s overall strategy with EVs is smart. The electric F-150 (Lightning) has high demand.”
Musk has often shown respect for Ford – highlighting the fact that along with Tesla, it is the only other US automaker that never went bankrupt.

…but you don’t have to pay for gas🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

The hidden costs of EVs: Ohio man gets $42,000 repair bill after fender bender in electric truck​

The shop he sent his truck to "completely disassembled" the back of the truck, according to Apfelstadt, and discovered much more damage than previously thought based on exterior inspection alone — so much more that the "final bill" for his fender bender came to more than $42,000. Apfelstadt told Just The News the "at-fault driver's insurance covered the entire repair bill" since her policy had a $50,000 cap.

if I get free charging at work, does it make sense to just lease a Tesla or some cheap EV's? it will offset some of the fuel cost.
A guy in my group has been leasing Chevy Bolt for years and that's without free charging at work. Unfortunately, Chevrolet is discontinuing it, so he has to look for something else soon.

I would say it makes a lot of sense. It's not just the cost of gas, but also wasting time to go to the gas station. Not to mention doing oil change and stuff.

Back