ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
The congressional integrity project? …total left wing loony hacks…The Center for American Progress…comedy at its finest!!!…try again🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂
oh ok, but your sites are??? haha, daily mail, random blogs, like i said, same crap

oh ok, but your sites are??? haha, daily mail, random blogs, like i said, same crap
USA today, car and driver, CNBC, bureau of labor Statistics, Forbes, yeah, a bunch of real partisan hacks not like electrek.com?…they’re not too biased, huh?🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂

USA today, car and driver, CNBC, bureau of labor Statistics, Forbes, yeah, a bunch of real partisan hacks not like electrek.com?…they’re not too biased, huh?🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂
And what did they all say about EV? Decline? Hardly.
Show me where EV as % of new sales are declining.
One day it will, but that day isn’t today.

it’s already begun, all those publications were saying that the producers are admitting that demand is not what they expect… it’ll show in the next quarter numbers. 🤷🏽‍♂️

if you’re using quotations then use real quotes. If you’re going to make stuff up, don’t use a quotation.

and trump

Hey, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia!!? Oh, I see, after that was debunked as lies, you throw a few other countries in there and see what sticks. The only thing those countries are going to stick to is grandpa Joe and that anchor is going to pull him right to the bottom.😳😂😂😂

Hey, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia!!? Oh, I see, after that was debunked as lies, you throw a few other countries in there and see what sticks. The only thing those countries are going to stick to is grandpa Joe and that anchor is going to pull him right to the bottom.😳😂😂😂
We talking about lies? Trump? Devolder? Nuff said
Oh, sorry, they like to talk about things that are aspirational, didn’t actually mean it jk jk

L o L

If you're feeling spendy, you can get a "Standard Range" S or X for $78k or $88k respectively:

Tesla is really putting price pressure on the other brands.

Also GM extending the production of their cheap EVs, Bolt and Bolt EUV:

If you're really looking into trying out an EV, you should look into leasing, do a 24/36 month for low commitment and by the time it's done, you'll know if you want to buy one or try a new (better?) on that is out. Some leases have the $7500 credit that purchases don't have due to the Fed/IRA restrictions and are more affordable than during Covid/Supply Era.

ChargePoint has been on a downward slide since December 2020. Not a good sign. EVGO seems pretty anemic as well. Thanks for heading me towards a couple of installers, but it seems like they can't monetize things well enough to entertain a buy at this time.
You may want to dabble in EVGo. They have partnerships with many brands for their Autocharge+ program (plug and charge like Tesla) and just signed Rivian:

Great point….Can’t wait for that secondary market to mature and those batteries start dying. Another shock to the system when people realize they have to spend $10-$12,000 to replace old dying lithium ion batteries. Thanks green new deal.!!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Think of it like computer and laser printer companies 20 years ago. They're in the business to sell you new laptops and printers, so if your $1500 out of warranty laser printer is down, they charge $950 + labor to replace the circuit board and highly encourage you to buy a new replacement. For Tesla cars I've heard of horror stories where owner of 2013 model S was quoted $25,800 by dealership in Upland for battery replacement. Fortunately the guy was able to have the car towed to a 3rd party shop all the way in Rancho Cordova and had it done for under $5,000, including transportation costs.

Some people say Toyota is going to get steamrolled unless if they get their butt moving on EV. Personally I'd be happy to buy a new or used Sienna hybrid down the road, knowing that battery replacement can probably be had for $1,000-$2,000 with good warranty from 3rd party shops in LA/OC (right now the Sienna hybrid is too new, I'm quoting prices from Camry / Lexus hybrid battery replacement cost).

What Tesla has done right, at least here in CA, is the proliferation of charging stations.

It’ll take several years yet before realistic replacement costs are know. Right now, it’s still like needing to replace an accident part of a new model year after a major redesign. Cars like the bolt will be having their very first cars hitting their battery warranty later this year, early next.

Hah... I was going to post that too.

I have very low confidence in VinFast.

Their current product, the VF8 is barely out, underperforms and has mediocre features for the price. I had high hopes for them but they don't have a product on par with the other EVs so they can't be priced at or above them. Their only compelling EV is the 3-row VF9 but that has been delayed so many times and the rumored MSRP is going to put it higher than a better Kia EV9.

Their only saving grace is deep pockets because the Vin Group is gigantic in Vietnam... but unless they make their EVs better or cheaper... they may end up like Lordstown.

I'm even wary of Fisker.

Back