ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Lol, i figured as much
"While I don't support..." blah blah blah.... hypocite is indeed the right word

gangbusters ….😳😂😂😂

Lucid misses revenue expectations after EV deliveries disappoint​

• Lucid generated just over $150 million in revenue in the second quarter, less than Wall Street had expected.
  • Deliveries of its Air electric luxury sedan also fell short of expectations during the period.
  • But a $3 billion capital raise in May has extended the company’s cash runway by about a year, into 2025.
Lucid hasn’t provided an update on Air reservations since, but there have been signs for months that the company faces a lack of demand for the well-reviewed but pricy sedan.

Picking on Lucid again.

I'm not sure about them... I think they also just did $12k price cuts.

Also, like other used cars, used EVs prices dropping... you can get a used Tesla Model 3 for $27k (just don't ask morekaos to try to find it).

Great point….Can’t wait for that secondary market to mature and those batteries start dying. Another shock to the system when people realize they have to spend $10-$12,000 to replace old dying lithium ion batteries. Thanks green new deal.!!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂
How Comfortable Are You Buying A Used EV Knowing About Absurd Battery Replacement Costs?

Are electric cars going to become disposable like old phones or will a new solution be found for replacing their expensive batteries?

Electric vehicle batteries are deeply integrated in much the same way as many of our mobile devices today. I don’t know about you, but I don’t remember the last time I replaced a battery on one of my mobile devices. It just doesn’t make financial sense because the cost of the battery and the labor to install a new battery into an old phone isn’t far from just buying a new phone. Is that where cars are headed?

I actually liked the idea of picking up a Tesla Model S on the second-hand market until I realized how wildly expensive it could be to repair just about anything on it including the battery.

We know that, for now, electric vehicle batteries can cost tens of thousands of dollars and that replacing them isn’t anything like swapping an engine or a transmission on an ICE-powered car. So would you buy a used electric vehicle right now?

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/h...owing-about-absurd-battery-replacement-costs/

Last edited:
Like most things techy... replacement costs will decrease inverse to performance.

LFPs are already becoming more widespread soon to be followed by solid state.

Unicorns can magically evolve... dinosaurs just die.

The funeral Pyre grows hotter…thanks Green New Deal….🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Biden Said EV Maker Proterra Was 'Getting Us in the Game.' It Just Declared Bankruptcy.

Biden repeatedly praised green energy company as his energy secretary held stock in it

President Joe Biden promoted the company. Its top executive landed a spot on a White House board. And Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm held hundreds of thousands of shares in it.

But that wasn't enough to save Proterra—the electric vehicle maker whose buses routinely failed to stay on the road—from declaring bankruptcy. Proterra cited "various market and macroeconomic headwinds" in a Chapter 11 filing on Monday, which came after the California-based firm cut hundreds of jobs earlier this year and restructured hundreds of millions of dollars in outstanding debt.
The declaration marks a stunning downfall for Biden's favorite green energy company. Biden took part in a virtual tour of a Proterra facility in April 2021 to promote his $1.9 trillion infrastructure plan, which included billions to boost the electric bus industry. Biden said during the event that Proterra was "getting us in the game" and predicted that Proterra and other electric vehicle companies would "end up owning the future." He went on to praise Proterra in a March 2022 speech, and less than one year later, in February, the Democrat appointed Proterra CEO Gareth Joyce to serve on the President's Export Council, which provides advice on international trade. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, meanwhile, held 240,000 shares in the company at the start of her tenure, prompting ethics concerns.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/biden...g-us-in-the-game-it-just-declared-bankruptcy/

The funeral Pyre grows hotter…thanks Green New Deal….🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Biden Said EV Maker Proterra Was 'Getting Us in the Game.' It Just Declared Bankruptcy.

Biden repeatedly praised green energy company as his energy secretary held stock in it

President Joe Biden promoted the company. Its top executive landed a spot on a White House board. And Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm held hundreds of thousands of shares in it.

But that wasn't enough to save Proterra—the electric vehicle maker whose buses routinely failed to stay on the road—from declaring bankruptcy. Proterra cited "various market and macroeconomic headwinds" in a Chapter 11 filing on Monday, which came after the California-based firm cut hundreds of jobs earlier this year and restructured hundreds of millions of dollars in outstanding debt.
The declaration marks a stunning downfall for Biden's favorite green energy company. Biden took part in a virtual tour of a Proterra facility in April 2021 to promote his $1.9 trillion infrastructure plan, which included billions to boost the electric bus industry. Biden said during the event that Proterra was "getting us in the game" and predicted that Proterra and other electric vehicle companies would "end up owning the future." He went on to praise Proterra in a March 2022 speech, and less than one year later, in February, the Democrat appointed Proterra CEO Gareth Joyce to serve on the President's Export Council, which provides advice on international trade. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, meanwhile, held 240,000 shares in the company at the start of her tenure, prompting ethics concerns.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/biden...g-us-in-the-game-it-just-declared-bankruptcy/
Granholm cleared $1.6M!

It’s all just one huge scam!!

“While Proterra shares tumbled more than 60 percent in after-hours trading Monday, Granholm will not have to worry about losing her investment. Granholm, who served on Proterra's board of directors, sold the shares for $1.6 million in May 2021, weeks after Biden publicly touted the company. Granholm's shares would be valued at just $340,000 based on Proterra's current share price.”

Great point….Can’t wait for that secondary market to mature and those batteries start dying. Another shock to the system when people realize they have to spend $10-$12,000 to replace old dying lithium ion batteries. Thanks green new deal.!!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂
How Comfortable Are You Buying A Used EV Knowing About Absurd Battery Replacement Costs?

Are electric cars going to become disposable like old phones or will a new solution be found for replacing their expensive batteries?

Electric vehicle batteries are deeply integrated in much the same way as many of our mobile devices today. I don’t know about you, but I don’t remember the last time I replaced a battery on one of my mobile devices. It just doesn’t make financial sense because the cost of the battery and the labor to install a new battery into an old phone isn’t far from just buying a new phone. Is that where cars are headed?

I actually liked the idea of picking up a Tesla Model S on the second-hand market until I realized how wildly expensive it could be to repair just about anything on it including the battery.

We know that, for now, electric vehicle batteries can cost tens of thousands of dollars and that replacing them isn’t anything like swapping an engine or a transmission on an ICE-powered car. So would you buy a used electric vehicle right now?

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/h...owing-about-absurd-battery-replacement-costs/

We've already gone thru this, but ignorance gonna ignorance

Going back a couple pages:
Batteries have a lifespan, sure, but 300k to 500k is a looong time. ICE vehicles have parts break, and maintenance that adds up.

It’s all just one huge scam!!

“While Proterra shares tumbled more than 60 percent in after-hours trading Monday, Granholm will not have to worry about losing her investment. Granholm, who served on Proterra's board of directors, sold the shares for $1.6 million in May 2021, weeks after Biden publicly touted the company. Granholm's shares would be valued at just $340,000 based on Proterra's current share price.”

Yep, just like the oil and energy executives, same difference, actually, they are much worse...

Whiting Petroleum, the sector’s first big casualty in the wake of the crash, paid five executives US$14.6 million as it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in April. Extraction Oil & Gas, the second big name to go, handed 16 executives US$6.7 million this month — a week before it sought protection.

Perhaps most egregious was Chesapeake Energy, which is expected to join the list of casualties imminently. Last month the company paid 21 executives US$25 million.

The excesses of the industry have waned since the boom days, when former Chesapeake chief Aubrey McClendon took home more than US$100 million in 2008. He was later indicted by the Department of Justice for rigging auctions for land rights.

Yah, but none of those guys is the Secretary of Energy for the Biden Administration. White collar crime is one thing…political corruption at that level is quite another. Those are our tax dollars funding government corruption and theft in a foolish pursuit of unicorns and rainbows

Yah, but none of those guys is the Secretary of Energy for the Biden Administration. White collar crime is one thing…political corruption at that level is quite another. Those are our tax dollars funding government corruption and theft in a foolish pursuit of unicorns and rainbows

ah yes, much like trump and kushner and the dirty oil money, same crap

…and Russian and Chinese bribes?… oh wait, that’s the Biden Aministration.
and trump

The congressional integrity project? …total left wing loony hacks…The Center for American Progress…comedy at its finest!!!…try again🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂

Back