How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I got quoted 3.75% for a jumbo loan with no points and no relationship discount yesterday so your average is off.  I'm still waiting for more inventory as I have over a dozen buyers ready to buy.

I'm glad I locked in a couple weeks ago. I was quoted 3.25% for jumbo loan with no points (due to my home being detached condo). Would have been 3.125% for SFR. Then I used $500k relationship discount to get to 2.875% and got 0.375% rebate. Would have been 0.5% rebate if I had locked in a day earlier.  :p
Sherry is awesome. You are in good hands. I don't know what magic ball she has, but she has been able to beat any lenders rate and also give $$ back to me for each and every transaction.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I got quoted 3.75% for a jumbo loan with no points and no relationship discount yesterday so your average is off.  I'm still waiting for more inventory as I have over a dozen buyers ready to buy.

I'm glad I locked in a couple weeks ago. I was quoted 3.25% for jumbo loan with no points (due to my home being detached condo). Would have been 3.125% for SFR. Then I used $500k relationship discount to get to 2.875% and got 0.375% rebate. Would have been 0.5% rebate if I had locked in a day earlier.  :p

Nice!!! Well done.

Every buyer I've interacted with this week have seen fixed rate pricing and gasped, but now have plenty of questions about ARMs. Buying will slow, but not to a trickle - required to occur first before meaningful sales price reductions start.

Mortgage purchase applications are down 10% from the same week a year ago.... and at the lowest point since the pandemic began.

MBAMar292022.PNG

The chart and data are accurate. The reader must view it in context of a national perspective, not a Cali/OC/ or Irvine focused story. Our market here is radically different compared to every other market.

I did hear an interesting statistic this week. The information was showing how most SFR new builds (nationwide) were "build to rent" not build to sell. If so, that has a huge distorting impact on new construction data we've been hearing.

Source:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...nt-to-address-housing-shortage-301511818.html

SG, I believe Lennar is doing that with one community somewhere.  Smart move to experiment.  If you look at OC, rental vacancy is 3.4%.  That?s so low.  All these lease renewals in Q1/Q2 will not get Covid19 pricing.

Thanks for the Intel on Lennar. It's smart, and I'd do it also if I was building, but it's detrimental to the community as a whole.Id rather see 100 new SFRs sold owner occupied to individuals rather than 75 homes rented to a corporation. Rental property concentrations are rarely good for surrounding area - SFR or mass scale apartment blocks.

Lennar is simply taking the path of least resistance and gobbling up land for rental homes to own. IMHO the practice should be deincentivised by changes in tax law. Someday, perhaps, but not for the immediate future.

AccidentalAnalytics said:
California has a de incentive in that SFRs owned by non live person has a rent increase cap.

Homes that were built within the past 15 years are excluded from that rent increase cap.

USCTrojanCPA said:
California has a de incentive in that SFRs owned by non live person has a rent increase cap.

Homes that were built within the past 15 years are excluded from that rent increase cap.

Also AB1482

Single family homes and condos are not subject to rent control, unless they are owned by a corporation or real estate investment trust (REIT). or LLC.

USCTrojanCPA said:
They are down but back to 2019 levels. Also, there are more cash buying in the market now (including iBuyers versus 2019).

How many homes sold on average in the 2-3 years before the pandemic in Irvine in per month?

Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
They are down but back to 2019 levels. Also, there are more cash buying in the market now (including iBuyers versus 2019).

How many homes sold on average in the 2-3 years before the pandemic in Irvine in per month?

Here are the Irvine sales volume by year:

2018 - 2,679
2019 - 2,640
2020 - 2,845
2021 - 3,702

USCTrojanCPA said:

Half the story... broken clock.  LOL.

Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Half the story... broken clock.  LOL.

Here's the copy of the relevant part of the Rental Cap CAR form (RCJC)...

With certain exemptions, Landlord may be subject to the rent cap and just cause eviction provisions of the Civil Code.

Landlord informs Tenant of the following:

California law limits the amount your rent can be increased. See Section 1947.12 of the Civil Code for more information. California law also provides that after all of the Tenants have continuously and lawfully occupied the property for 12 months or more or at least one of the Tenants has continuously occupied the property for 24 months or more, a landlord must provide a statement of cause in any notice to terminate a tenancy. See Section 1946.2 of the Civil Code for more information.

II. EXEMPTIONS TO BOTH RENT CAP REQUIREMENTS AND JUST CAUSE EVICTIONS*:

1. Housing that has been issued a certificate of occupancy within the previous 15 years.
2. A property containing two separate dwelling units (excluding ADUs and junior ADUs) within a single structure in which one of the units was Owner occupied at the commencement and throughout the tenancy.
3. Single Family Residential property (including a condominium and units in planned developments) that is alienable separate from the title to any other dwelling unit if the notice below is checked and delivered to the Tenant:

Notice of Exemption: This property is not subject to the rent limits imposed by Section 1947.12 of the Civil Code and is not subject to the just cause requirements of Section 1946.2 of the Civil Code. This property meets the requirements of Sections 1947.12 (d)(5) and 1946.2 (e)(8) of the Civil Code AND the Owner is not any of the following: (1) a real estate investment trust, as defined by Section 856 of the Internal Revenue Code; (2) a
corporation; or (3) a limited liability company in which at least one member is a corporation.

III. ADDITIONAL EXEMPTIONS ONLY APPLICABLE TO JUST CAUSE EVICTIONS*:

1. Housing accommodations in which the Tenant shares bathroom or kitchen facilities with the Owner who maintains their principal residence at the residential real property.
2. Single-family Owner-occupied residences, including a residence in which the Owner-occupant rents or leases no more than two units or bedrooms, including, but not limited to, an accessory dwelling unit.

IV. RENT CAP REQUIREMENTS

1. Subject to certain provisions of Civil Code Section 1947.12 subdivision (b), an Owner of real property shall not increase the rental rate for that property more than 5 percent plus the percentage change in the cost of living, or 10 percent, whichever is lower, of the lowest rental amount charged for that property at any time during the 12 months prior to the effective date of the increase.
2. If the same Tenant remains in occupancy over any 12-month period, the gross rental rate shall not be increased in more than two increments over that 12-month period.
3.For a new tenancy in which no Tenant from the prior tenancy remains, the Owner may establish the initial rate not subject to paragraph 1 of this section. Paragraph 1 of this section is only applicable to subsequent increases after the initial rental rate has been established

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

2018 - 2,679
2019 - 2,640
2020 - 2,845
2021 - 3,702

I'm thinking these numbers don't include all new homes sales as this data is from the MLS?

I always wonder if new homes sales data is included in the numbers that LL pulls from OCHN.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

2018 - 2,679
2019 - 2,640
2020 - 2,845
2021 - 3,702

I'm thinking these numbers don't include all new homes sales as this data is from the MLS?

I always wonder if new homes sales data is included in the numbers that LL pulls from OCHN.

They only include the new homes that builders listed on MLS so it doesn't pick up the majority of the new home that sold.

Back