Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Hey All

New member here.  Looking to get some info on HC (Marbella).  Ive been tracking the sales and wondering if anyone has what the larger lots have sold for?  Specifically im looking to see what lots #77, 86, 87 have sold for? 

Any info is great appreciated! 

Attachments

• topomap1a.jpg
    topomap1a.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 367
Not exactly sure of the sales price as these were part of their initial phase release which might have been offered to all their cash buyers. Definitely those you're asking about would have commanded 300K-500K premium over base price (i.e. $3M-$3.5M). There are talks that Scenic Crest will command 800K premiums for the larger lots and panoramic views which means a $3.8 million Hidden Canyon Marbella house before upgrades.

Anyone know why the lot premiums for 1, 2 and 3 are so low?  Premiums look to be about $70K after base price.  These lots should have unobstructed views.  Is there a smell expected with the water drainage area below?

OC-Broker said:
Anyone know why the lot premiums for 1, 2 and 3 are so low?  Premiums look to be about $70K after base price.  These lots should have unobstructed views.  Is there a smell expected with the water drainage area below?

Smell from water drainage area? I'd hope not for $2.5M+ homes.

These are not much bigger than the standard size lots and they are facing Lake Forest Dr. which I'd expect quite a bit of road noise based on how fast people are driving on it. While it's elevated it doesn't have a great view until you get to the end of the street with the back facing Spectrum.

I guess you would have to actually stand on the lot to figure out what's going on.  I just know that the lot premiums on Gardenview were higher and were obstructed (at least on the first floor).  Maybe the road noise and being close to the gate is a factor. 

People in the first few phases have finally moved in!

Attachments

• WP_20160124_11_50_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160124_11_50_32_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 250
  • WP_20160124_11_50_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160124_11_50_52_Pro.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 360
They're filling the community pool with water today, and a sales associate stated the pool area will open for residents next month.

Attachments

• WP_20160124_11_14_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160124_11_14_38_Pro.jpg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 183
  • WP_20160124_11_13_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160124_11_13_42_Pro.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 180
  • WP_20160124_11_15_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160124_11_15_11_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Just put deposit down on Lot 201 which is a Marbella Santa Monica...paid a 72k or 75k premium (don't remember which)
Wanted something bigger lot wise like lot 193 but we cant wait that long for that to become available and be built...
now starting to think I may want to consider Residence 3 @ Trevi...
it seems like a lot of ppl here aren't fans of Orchard Hills...whys that?

Nothing wrong with OH but your Hidden Canyon home will be a better investment.  More coastal, better school district.

Not much more land being developed near the 133 but OH will be building encleves for years and any resale will be competing with new builds there.

Lastly go drive around the Trevi homes/neighborhood that is built and being lived in.  Feels super tight and compressed to me.  I haven't driven around a completed neighborhood at HC so can't really compare that aspect.

Can?t stand when people refer to Hidden Canyon/Laguna Altura as ?coastal? communities. Nothing coastal about them. If they offered views of the ocean, I would let it slide, but the matter of the fact is that they are both pretty much as close to the ocean as most communities in Irvine. The phrase ?Coastal Canyon Community? was just a marketing phrase used by TIC when they began selling LA (which irked me equally as much back then) probably to allure buyers by distracting them from the fact that the community entrance is on a freeway offramp. I certainly don?t remember TIC marketing Quail Hill that way.

Beyond that, the school district assigned to HC makes HC a better investment on paper, even though the schools assigned to OH are pretty much on par with the schools assigned to HC. I personally like the floorplans offered at Trevi much better, but then again that's just preference.

Villager said:
Can?t stand when people refer to Hidden Canyon/Laguna Altura as ?coastal? communities. Nothing coastal about them. If they offered views of the ocean, I would let it slide, but the matter of the fact is that they are both pretty much as close to the ocean as most communities in Irvine. The phrase ?Coastal Canyon Community? was just a marketing phrase used by TIC when they began selling LA (which irked me equally as much back then) probably to allure buyers by distracting them from the fact that the community entrance is on a freeway offramp. I certainly don?t remember TIC marketing Quail Hill that way.

Beyond that, the school district assigned to HC makes HC a better investment on paper, even though the schools assigned to OH are pretty much on par with the schools assigned to HC. I personally like the floorplans offered at Trevi much better, but then again that's just preference.

Agreed on all points, but HC's location, being closer to the coast, makes it significantly cooler than OH during the summer (I'd say at least 5 degrees).

That being said, if I were dropping $3+ million on a home, I'd pick neither.  At that price point, I'd move to Newport.

Yeah the amount of development around OH was a big turn off to me...we love that HC is tucked away, and not as far north and inland as OH

Disappointing to hear that OH is that cramped. Not that HC is all that spacious, at least the homes are staggered in a way that allows for a bit more privacy. I guess there's a reason I could get 1500 more square feet for almost the same if not less than my HC Santa Monica lol

Probably swing by OH this week for the hell of it, but probably gonna stick with HC I'm thinking

aquabliss said:
Nothing wrong with OH but your Hidden Canyon home will be a better investment.  More coastal, better school district.

Not much more land being developed near the 133 but OH will be building encleves for years and any resale will be competing with new builds there.

Lastly go drive around the Trevi homes/neighborhood that is built and being lived in.  Feels super tight and compressed to me.  I haven't driven around a completed neighborhood at HC so can't really compare that aspect.

I'd think I'd be hard pressed to build anything sizable and brand new to my liking for 3-3.5 mil in Newport...and location wise I don't want to be in Newport (my parents are closer to Irvine and I see them almost daily)

If I buy in Hidden Canyon do I need to post my real picture too?

52b57764d46b6404a7b38fed82d8ce580a4ccbdad86e144f1f560830b612ccfd.jpg

MrsPhillips said:
I'd think I'd be hard pressed to build anything sizable and brand new to my liking for 3-3.5 mil in Newport...and location wise I don't want to be in Newport (my parents are closer to Irvine and I see them almost daily)

Not that hard.  Fiano is the same size and price point (not including the lot premiums for ocean view).  Personally, I'd rather see the ocean everyday than my parents, but that's just me!
http://nwhm.com/neighborhood/476/residences

WTTCHMN said:
MrsPhillips said:

Not that hard.  Fiano is the same size and price point (not including the lot premiums for ocean view).  Personally, I'd rather see the ocean everyday than my parents, but that's just me!

It's so obvious they are marketing the HC brand. Posting pics of the pool and house.

The ocean doesn't help me out with my two year old 😉 And I quite happen to enjoy my parents...more than a body of salt water lol

WTTCHMN said:
MrsPhillips said:

And a base price of mid 3's with 2 car garages? Maybe 3? I dunno about that

They're nice, but factor in the land premium and my husband would give me the death stare over breakfast every morning lol

WTTCHMN said:
MrsPhillips said:

Back