Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Just checked out the toll website.  Looks like all the lots in this phase have been taken except for the quick move ins. I would love to know what lot 64 went for. This was probably the most desirable Redondo plan.

I don't know if I missed this on this TI thread, but has Toll Bros decided to altogether stop building the Abruzzo plan? I've noticed that the Toll Bros website just says that "Capri Collection offers 4 home designs" when there were 5 before, and the Abruzzo plan is no where to be found.
https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury...at-Hidden-Canyon-Capri-Collection#homedesigns

I don't blame TB. The house didn't seem to be appealing in the floor plan, and it wasn't modeled to prove buyers otherwise.

It does look like they stopped building the Abruzo.  I think the Abruzo actually had the best master out of all the Capri plans, with 12 foot ceilings. I wish they had kept it, because it helped to add more diversity to the elevations on each street.

Villager said:
has Toll Bros decided to altogether stop building the Abruzzo plan?

The sales lady told me that Abruzzo will no longer be built. Apparent people ask about them but when it's time to buy they still go with the traditional upstairs master design. The demand just isn't there, even after they have a home mostly built they could walk through with buyers.

It's too bad. The 12 ft ceiling in the masters is quite impressive. The vaulted ceiling in the great room gives it a wide open feel similar to that of Capri model. All of the 2ndary bedroom are also quite large. The challenge with these type of design is that unless you have teenagers or are an empty nester having the 2ndary bedrooms so far away just won't work. It's a very limited audience.

As I see it, those who would be buyers don't want to spend on a new big house with high property taxes, making the downstairs master in large homes a very niche product.

Greenwood is also seeing the same issue and they are hoping to change some of their downstairs master homes in future phases to one of the other two.

I get it that downstairs master might be less popular but La Vita is doing pretty well with all the floor plan (except plan 1) with downstairs master.  So what gives here?

Greenwood is doing ok but the plan with the downstairs master is harder to sell compared to the other two models. 1/3 downstairs masters is just too many in a market that is kind of soft. It's not like FCB will dump money into anything. They know to buy "Irvine", so La Vita will be in demand to that segment of buyers.

From what I understand, Stafford is looking to reduce the number of downstairs master homes, but not eliminate that plan.

Looks like Capri is releasing homes at a much faster rate nowadays. It wasn't that long ago they were at a painfully slow rate of only 4 a month. Now they seem to picking up steam, somewhat surprising considering this is typically slowest time of the year.

34dmm3p.jpg

Anyone has an update on the sales progress of Marbella. Seems that some of the lots have been available for some time. Would appreciate the latest price sheet on the current availability.

are there any new homes in irvine that has bigger lots than HC??
if you want big lots you likely have to look elsewhere

A few months ago people were talking about how HC was selling like hot cakes.  Why the sudden change in sales pace?

hello said:
A few months ago people were talking about how HC was selling like hot cakes.  Why the sudden change in sales pace?

They've sold over half the community, 100+ homes priced $2-3M+, in 1 year. That's pretty impressive, especially considering there's plenty of options in Newport at that price range right next door to Irvine.

If you haven't been keeping track, all homes in Irvine at $1M+ range and beyond are seeing substantial slowdown, including OH and BP. HC is doing surprisingly well in this climate, especially that their price point. I'm curious how the rest of the community will sell this year in the face of rising interest rate, stock market swoon, and likely fewer FCB.

When an adjustment happens to the market there will be a string of foreclosures.  I see if in every cycle regardless of which neighborhood.

I guess for HC being the closest coastal community always demands a premium and attracts continous buyers than areas such as OH or BP. Just curious how their pool of buyers looks now vs. in April 2015 when the community had first opened and hundreds of people were lined up to buy their homes with all cash. Does anyone know if they are accepting financing or contingent offers yet?

eatthis said:
hello said:

They've sold over half the community, 100+ homes priced $2-3M+, in 1 year. That's pretty impressive, especially considering there's plenty of options in Newport at that price range right next door to Irvine.

If you haven't been keeping track, all homes in Irvine at $1M+ range and beyond are seeing substantial slowdown, including OH and BP. HC is doing surprisingly well in this climate, especially that their price point. I'm curious how the rest of the community will sell this year in the face of rising interest rate, stock market swoon, and likely fewer FCB.

HC = The .5%
Everything else = everybody else

LOL

HC models starts from 4600+ sqft. That's a lot of house. More than most families reasonably "need". But, the price per square foot is a not outlandish today at $500-550/sqft for non-premium lots. The closest comparison, Turtle Ridge homes, granted they are landscaped and decorated, regularly fetch prices in the $600-$700+/sqft range.

Back