Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Caitlin said:
ocdad said:
irvine99 said:
Stopped by the sales office today and picked up a price sheet.

Does that mean the price for  Capri homes gonna go up too?

I'll get a price sheet for Capri today and upload.

Stop by today and got the latest price sheet for Capri. All the houses for the new released are already reserved. Prices are creeping up for Capri too.

mio4xy.jpg

Movingup said:
Coleman said:
I think this forum has clouded people's minds into believing that only FCBs are buying homes in Irvine.  You know that there are still other ethnicities bringing money into Irvine, right?

A lot of people here believe most homes over 1 million are bought by FCBs. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who has a lot of money in Irvine. You can say these HC homes are overpriced, the fact is there is a line of buyers for every home.

Is that what the sales rep told you? If not, you sound like a sales rep. You can't trust anything they say when it comes to wait lists. They will ALWAYS say there is demand even when there isn't. Buy now or be priced out forever. LOL.

Finally saw the models today. Lots of hammering and sawing at the homesites above the Capri models so Toll Bros is really working their contractors to git er done. As for my fellow model tour guests, 50% new money, 20% old money, with the remaining 30% being from all points in between.

Some takeaways.

1) Was surprised that for a $2m+ home (Capri) they would use hollow core doors for some of the closets. If I'm spending that kind of capital on a home, there needs to be some real wood in the house.

2) Are all of those pocket doors as much of a tripping hazard as I thought they were, or is it just me? Sure opens up the property nicely. I might want to start a sliding door repair company soon, just to be on this side of what appears to become a new growth industry for OC.

3) Whomever buys the biggest Marbella model will need to keep a watchful eye on any kiddies given how many water features the home had. The owners may want to put in a "beach entrance" just in case the cat or dog falls in and can't get out. Be interesting to convert some of the water features to Koi ponds.

4) What's the view premium cost so far? Can't imagine the property that doesn't face Saddleback what with the layouts being so view oriented.

5) The TV in every room feature, sometimes two per room, seemed distracting.

6) Overall nice homes. Seems like it will become a great area to live in. Not too far South. Not too inland so temps will be moderate. Far enough away from the 405. 

iacrenter said:
Is that what the sales rep told you? If not, you sound like a sales rep. You can't trust anything they say when it comes to wait lists. They will ALWAYS say there is demand even when there isn't. Buy now or be priced out forever. LOL.

I suggest you get qualify and put your name on the priority list and see whether you can get a house in HC prior to making baseless assumptions and accusations. It is pretty obvious you know nothing about HC. LOL.

Movingup said:
iacrenter said:

I suggest you get qualify and put your name on the priority list and see whether you can get a house in HC prior to making baseless assumptions and accusations. It is pretty obvious you know nothing about HC. LOL.

Why don't you post your prequalification letter or STFU?

iacrenter said:
Movingup said:
iacrenter said:

For a Hawaiian vacation for a family of 4, I will do it. Are you man enough?

Movingup said:
iacrenter said:
Movingup said:
iacrenter said:

I'm not paying you to post on TI. Either you do or you don't. I could care less.

iacrenter said:
Movingup said:
iacrenter said:
Movingup said:
iacrenter said:

I'm not paying you to post on TI. Either you do or you don't. I could care less.

You are weak. I have the letter ready.

The mytollexperience link was an interesting skim. She must have been totally effed in order to put all that together. 

In terms of the lines of buyers, is that really true? I've been to look at the models twice and both times was handed a price sheet with one or two homesites available with pricing. If there were multiple buyers for every lot, why are homes "available". Are these just the less desirable lots that no one is waiting for?

Coleman said:
I think this forum has clouded people's minds into believing that only FCBs are buying homes in Irvine.  You know that there are still other ethnicities bringing money into Irvine, right?
You're right.

FCBs wouldn't spend $2m+ on tract homes.

#dramaforzubs

Living The Irvine Dream said:
Has anyone had a positive experience at the Toll Brothers Design Center? If so who is your designer? My initial experiences are less than impressive?

Thank you

We have Gaylene. We initially were assigned to another designer, but requested Gaylene right away because we heard she is the best at Toll. We are happy with her.

irvine99 said:
Living The Irvine Dream said:
Has anyone had a positive experience at the Toll Brothers Design Center? If so who is your designer? My initial experiences are less than impressive?

Thank you

We have Gaylene. We initially were assigned to another designer, but requested Gaylene right away because we heard she is the best at Toll. We are happy with her.

Gaylene is very helpful and accommodating. It's the early phases, so they're just as confused as we are. To my understanding there are only 3 or 4 designers at the studio. With all the buyers from HC, Baker Ranch, Yorba Linda, one would think TB could afford some extra staff. Some of the sales staff were working 60hrs/week with no overtime pay. It's a wonder how TB employees stay afloat... Nice year-end bonuses perhaps.

Does anybody have the price sheet for the 4 houses that were just released in Marbella? I am just curious to see what they have priced these houses at.

irvine99 said:
Does anybody have the price sheet for the 4 houses that were just released in Marbella? I am just curious to see what they have priced these houses at.

They are not officially releasing them until next weekend. So, expect prices to come out next week.

I agree with LACRENTER.  Salespersons at builders usually will not tell you the truth.  They tell you the VIP/Priority list is long when there are not many buyers on it.  Because they want to put all prequalified buyers on the list and have them show up at each phase releases.  I went to more than 10 different phase releases at different new communities.  Phase releases finished up lot of faster in 20 minutes when many buyers showed up.  Because all buyers didn't want to pass up an opportunity to buy when they saw a large group of people were waiting.  However, when there were only 10 or less buyers showed up on a phase release for 5/6 houses, there were always houses not sold.

stevenc said:
I agree with LACRENTER.  Salespersons at builders usually will not tell you the truth.  They tell you the VIP/Priority list is long when there are not many buyers on it.  Because they want to put all prequalified buyers on the list and have them show up at each phase releases.  I went to more than 10 different phase releases at different new communities.  Phase releases finished up lot of faster in 20 minutes when many buyers showed up.  Because all buyers didn't want to pass up an opportunity to buy when they saw a large group of people were waiting.  However, when there were only 10 or less buyers showed up on a phase release for 5/6 houses, there were always houses not sold.

Or maybe some communities simply have more demand than others.

Back