Hidden Canyon in Irvine

I have nothing against Hidden Canyon.  Why would I?  Hidden Canyon is located across the street from Laguna Altura, Uni is a great high school, the Irvine Spectrum is a fantastic area, and there are few new homes in Irvine at that price point.  This means HC will do just great.

My beef is with the "leaks" and other misinformation spread by many of the so-called "buyers" on this board, especially, before the models opened to the public.  Talking about Shady Canyon, Newport Coast, Turtle Ridge, no foreign buyers, all 30 year old professionals, etc.  I thought I was reading a press conference by the old Iraqi Ministry of Information.

Now having seen the actual site and spoken to a couple of actual buyers, I just want to make sure future buyers who happen to read the pre-grand opening posts on this thread take them with a big grain of salt.

If you don't get banned for posting dogs being beaten and skinned, you won't get banned for this...is the dog BBQ thread still around?

Happiness said:
My beef is with the "leaks" and other misinformation spread by many of the so-called "buyers" on this board, especially, before the models opened to the public.  Talking about Shady Canyon, Newport Coast, Turtle Ridge, no foreign buyers, all 30 year old professionals, etc.  I thought I was reading a press conference by the old Iraqi Ministry of Information.

I was the one talking about SC/NC/TR, and have met a few of these accused "so-called 'buyers' " during the open house event or through PM, one of which actually turned out to be my future next door neighbor. The buyers I've met so far are in their 30's-40's, local, culturally diverse, and mostly professionals. Of course, I haven't met all the buyers, but I don't understand why this is so incredible. What's wrong with proud homeowners wanting to share information with other potential buyers? It's like the BMW forums where 3-series owners feel inclined to start drama on every single thread...

marutaro said:
Happiness said:

I was the one talking about SC/NC/TR, and have met a few of these accused "so-called 'buyers' " during the open house event or through PM, one of which actually turned out to be my future next door neighbor. The buyers I've met so far are in their 30's-40's, local, culturally diverse, and mostly professionals. Of course, I haven't met all the buyers, but I don't understand why this is so incredible. What's wrong with proud homeowners wanting to share information with other potential buyers? It's like the BMW forums where 3-series owners feel inclined to start drama on every single thread...

Just FYI my wife and I are in our 30s and 40s.  We are both professionals.
And we looking forward to move in next year when our house is built !

If this place had no drama, I'd leave TI.  Who wants a sterile forum where no one talks shit?...certainly not me....or you.  Because the drama keeps the board active.

Happiness said:
qwerty said:
I agree with zubs.

Tustin > irvine

Spoken like a true 3 series owner.
I don't have a BMW but occasionally I somewhat convince myself to buy a 7 series. However, I drive 100 miles a day and putting those kind of miles on a 7 series seems like a waste of money.

zubs said:
If you don't get banned for posting dogs being beaten and skinned, you won't get banned for this...is the dog BBQ thread still around?

You mean the thread where one member showed just how racist and ignorant one can be?

@marutaro - haha thats funny about the 3 series owners.  What do you drive?  BMW forums are pretty fun.  Good sense of humor out there with occasional bickering that is pretty interesting to observe.

I think this forum has clouded people's minds into believing that only FCBs are buying homes in Irvine.  You know that there are still other ethnicities bringing money into Irvine, right?

Marbella Collection...

Attachments

• WIN_20150517_113221.JPG
    WIN_20150517_113221.JPG
    971.9 KB · Views: 147
  • WIN_20150517_113130.JPG
    WIN_20150517_113130.JPG
    922.2 KB · Views: 122
Coleman said:
I think this forum has clouded people's minds into believing that only FCBs are buying homes in Irvine.  You know that there are still other ethnicities bringing money into Irvine, right?

A lot of people here believe most homes over 1 million are bought by FCBs. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who has a lot of money in Irvine. You can say these HC homes are overpriced, the fact is there is a line of buyers for every home.

Back