Hidden Canyon in Irvine

We are close to purchasing at Hidden Canyon and were just curious what actual buyers here have spent on upgrades/options?  What about landscaping?  We are trying to get an idea of what the final cost might be.

Evo said:
We are close to purchasing at Hidden Canyon and were just curious what actual buyers here have spent on upgrades/options?  What about landscaping?  We are trying to get an idea of what the final cost might be.

Are you buying the Capri or Marbella? Which model? Different models have different structural upgrades.

I was told that the Marbella model homes have upwards of 1 million dollars in upgrades. So if one were to want to replicate those homes add about a million to the price.

The upgrades are rather amazing.

I have been wondering about all those open doors and the critters around the canyons...not to mention, bugs . There are snakes coyotes, and there are always rats with new buildings. I love the open door concept but now I think that it is probably not so practical. Unless you are not as phobic about bugs and wildlife in your house as I am.

Has anyone seen the homes with the glass doors closed?

Bodhi said:
I was told that the Marbella model homes have upwards of 1 million dollars in upgrades. So if one were to want to replicate those homes add about a million to the price.

The upgrades are rather amazing.

I have been wondering about all those open doors and the critters around the canyons...not to mention, bugs . There are snakes coyotes, and there are always rats with new buildings. I love the open door concept but now I think that it is probably not so practical. Unless you are not as phobic about bugs and wildlife in your house as I am.

Has anyone seen the homes with the glass doors closed?

Went to see the Capri collection today and again unbelievable all those upgrades. I don't think they show anything standard. And these models are hardly practical from the bug/infestation risk to the entire backyard a pool - imagine any young children ever moving into those models - I think not.
Very "over the top" upgrades easily over a million dollars in all but does anyone else think it's too much upgrades for the space?

Wow! That's a another sizable jump in price again. How big are these lots? Soon there'll be nothing under $3M. The first phase buyers won big!

eatthis said:
Wow! That's a another sizable jump in price again. How big are these lots? Soon there'll be nothing under $3M. The first phase buyers won big!

I think these range from 10000-13000sqft. Large lots with view.

Seems like $500K is the new $200K for lot premiums in Marbella.

Based on the last price sheet that was posted, it also seems like some premiums are running as high as $750K.

It will be interesting to see where the Capri premiums are priced when the view lots come around. 

marutaro said:
eatthis said:

I think these range from 10000-13000sqft. Large lots with view.

Looking at the site map for Marbella, lot 157 doesn't look all that big, perhaps less than 8000 sqft? Maybe it has great views but that's almost $3.3M. The lot premium must be shifting into overdrive. The best view lots are still to come. The way it's going it'll surely be $4M+ come the later phases with gigantic lots and amazing views.

Any buyers from hidden canyon picking out their cabinets yet? I'm wondering whether I should get it with the design center or after I close the house. Anybody know what the price differences? You probably a better quality and more selection.  Seems like after all the upgrade.. It is well over $20,000. 

And what about the refrigerator? 48 or 60 in??u can get the same refrigerator for a bit less and not add to your final price of your house ?

Went to HC on Sunday. They've added second story framing at both Capri and Marbella...

Attachments

• WP_20150606_15_42_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150606_15_42_40_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
  • WP_20150606_15_43_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150606_15_43_34_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Just a heads up to buyers that are making selections at the design center.
The option number is the same for the entire cabinet door style.
For example exotic style cabinets have several colors but all of them have the exact same option number.

Recently they tried to charge me $1000 for a mistake they made on an option we did not pick.  The designer marked down the wrong cabinet in the purchase order but I signed off on it because the option number matches the cabinet door!  It turned out all the cabinets of the same style have the same number.  Now they wanted to charge a fee to make a change that shouldn't even have been necessary in the first place.
No way in hell am I going to pay for their mistake.

Personally I'm sick of how unorganized Toll Bros.  There are constantly option changes, options that are on the website that doesn't exist, and pretty much all the employees are just as confused as the buyers.
Hopefully this will help other buyers when selecting their options.

happios said:
Just a heads up to buyers that are making selections at the design center.
The option number is the same for the entire cabinet door style.
For example exotic style cabinets have several colors but all of them have the exact same option number.

Recently they tried to charge me $1000 for a mistake they made on an option we did not pick.  The designer marked down the wrong cabinet in the purchase order but I signed off on it because the option number matches the cabinet door!  It turned out all the cabinets of the same style have the same number.  Now they wanted to charge a fee to make a change that shouldn't even have been necessary in the first place.
No way in hell am I going to pay for their mistake.

Personally I'm sick of how unorganized Toll Bros.  There are constantly option changes, options that are on the website that doesn't exist, and pretty much all the employees are just as confused as the buyers.
Hopefully this will help other buyers when selecting their options.

I have agree with you there!! Employees are super nice but
They are very unorganized!! They need better training in both the design center and sales office. 
Thanks for the heads up!

Back