Government Shutdown

Soylent Green Is People said:
If poll numbers are thought to make or break our Commanders In Chief, I'm sure President Hillary Clinton would be oh so fascinated to hear about this important shift in reality.

In your make believe world , the republicans have NOT lost 40 house  seats in the biggest midterm loss in decades and the biggest popular vote thrashing in decades .

Keep Clinging on to the memories of November 2016 when you don?t have anything else to say

Not unlike many other old trumpsters that are longing for a make believe fantasy of 1950s America that will never come back ...

Kings said:
Cares said:
Kings said:
it's not about the money.  $5.6 billion is literally 0.1% of the total budget.  it's like your wife asking you if you want to spend $55 to put up a fence around your house and you cry and say no because your wife has won too many arguments lately.

just remember folks, approval ratings are temporary, walls are forever  ;)

$55 is still $55 that I'm paying and not my neighbor like promised.

oh, you mean like new trade deals and agreements like this to keep illegals in mexico versus here in the US?  nobody said mexico was writing a check.  find me where trump says mexico will bring pallets of cash (like obama gave to iran) and i'll eat my hat.

Start eating:

In an April 2016 memo, Trump?s campaign outlined the steps he could take to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

Trump proposed measures to compel Mexico to pay for the wall, such as cutting off remittances sent from undocumented Mexicans in the U.S. via wire transfers.

Then, the memo says, if and when the Mexican government protested, they would be told to pay a lump sum "to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect." The plan lists a few other methods if that didn?t work, like the trade deficit, canceling Mexican visas or increasing visa fees. (Experts have told us there isn?t a connection between the U.S.-Mexico trade deficit and finding money for a wall.)
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...claims-he-never-meant-mexico-would-write-che/

Seriously...facts have no effects on Trumpsters

FACTS FREE ZONE!

In an address Monday to the American Farm Bureau Federation, Trump said his negotiations with China were ?going very well,? but figures released Monday by the Chinese government showed that his plan isn?t working. Instead the U.S. trade deficit with China grew 17 percent in 2018, to a record $323.32 billion. Over the past year, as Trump launched a trade war with Beijing, Chinese exports to the U.S. grew by 11.3 percent, while China?s imports of American goods rose just 0.7 percent. American farmers have borne the biggest short term brunt of Trump?s policies, with U.S. soybean exports to China falling 98 percent in 2018 as Beijing retaliated against tariffs imposed by the president.

Industry experts point out that employment in the steel industry will almost certainly continue to decline as a consequence of automation, even if production and profits increase. As the conservative think tank AEI points out, ?Mr. Trump?s tariffs are trying to revive a world of steel production that no longer exists. He is taxing steel-consuming industries that employ 6.5 million and have the potential to grow more jobs to help a declining industry that employs only 140,000.?

But an analysis of coal-fired power plants in the U.S. found that the industry as a whole continues its downward trajectory. In fact, more coal-fired power plants have closed during the first two years of Trump?s presidency than in all of former President Barack Obama?s first term, Reuters reported Monday.
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-promises-coal-steel-china-trade-falling-flat-235120673.html

Kings said:
it's not about the money.  $5.6 billion is literally 0.1% of the total budget.  it's like your wife asking you if you want to spend $55 to put up a fence around your house and you cry and say no because your wife has won too many arguments lately.

I'll bet the Dems would be more than happy to pay $5.6 billion to tear down the existing border barriers.

Kings said:
Yup. Would anyone today even know who Emperor Hadrian was if not for his 2,000 year old wall that still today marks the England-Scotland border?

At the rate trumpeters are quickly changing their positions to match whatever nonsense trump is spouting (yeah trump never said Mexico was going to pay for the wall )

Trump just has to say that the wall is already built and done and his cult members will believe it and we can all move along ... win win for everyone !

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Cares said:
Kings said:

oh, you mean like new trade deals and agreements like this to keep illegals in mexico versus here in the US?  nobody said mexico was writing a check.  find me where trump says mexico will bring pallets of cash (like obama gave to iran) and i'll eat my hat.

Start eating:

In an April 2016 memo, Trump?s campaign outlined the steps he could take to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

Trump proposed measures to compel Mexico to pay for the wall, such as cutting off remittances sent from undocumented Mexicans in the U.S. via wire transfers.

Then, the memo says, if and when the Mexican government protested, they would be told to pay a lump sum "to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect." The plan lists a few other methods if that didn?t work, like the trade deficit, canceling Mexican visas or increasing visa fees. (Experts have told us there isn?t a connection between the U.S.-Mexico trade deficit and finding money for a wall.)
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...claims-he-never-meant-mexico-would-write-che/

ah moving the goalposts again i see! where does it say pallets of cash?

FUFGHxb.jpg

fortune11 said:
If poll numbers are thought to make or break our Commanders In Chief, I'm sure President Hillary Clinton would be oh so fascinated to hear about this important shift in reality.

In your make believe world , the republicans have NOT lost 40 house  seats in the biggest midterm loss in decades and the biggest popular vote thrashing in decades .

Keep Clinging on to the memories of November 2016 when you don?t have anything else to say

Not unlike many other old trumpsters that are longing for a make believe fantasy of 1950s America that will never come back ...

LOL biggest midterm loss in decades....obama lost 63 house seats AND 6 senate seats in 2010! you want a rejection of a president there you go!

Kings said:
fortune11 said:

LOL biggest midterm loss in decades....obama lost 63 house seats AND 6 senate seats in 2010! you want a rejection of a president there you go!

And yet GOP lost by more percentage points than Obama did in 2010...but hey gerrymandering is a strategy.

Keep burying your head in the sand and living in the past...delude yourself like Trumpsters do with global economy and climate change. 

Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Cares said:
Kings said:

Start eating:

ah moving the goalposts again i see! where does it say pallets of cash?

Really?  So the line is now "pallets of cash"?  What if they used EFT or a cashier's check? 

So ridiculous.

the point is , polls were spot on in the 2018 midterms weren't they  ? even if some polls were wrong in 2016 , although the final result was still within their margin of error. 

that is what smart people do - learn from mistakes and evolve.  it is what smart investors do as well. 

don't tell that to dyed in the wool republicans / trumpsters who let their egos and tribal instincts cloud everything else

Irvinecommuter said:
Really?  So the line is now "pallets of cash"?  What if they used EFT or a cashier's check? 

So ridiculous.

IC -- my sympathies -- it is like banging your head against a wall, pun intended :)

fortune11 said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So ridiculous.

IC -- my sympathies -- it is like banging your head against a wall, pun intended :)

Banging my head against steel slats named Peaches.

BTW: 

Ardent foe of socialized medicine Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is planning to undergo hernia surgery this month in Canada, where medical care is publicly funded and universally provided.

Paul, who is not covered by the Canadian health care system, will pay out of pocket for the operation, an aide told Politico. The surgery is set to take place at Shouldice Hernia Hospital in Ontario, a ?world renowned hospital,? the senator?s spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper said.

Information about the surgery, scheduled for Jan. 21, was revealed in court papers in Paul?s civil lawsuit against neighbor Rene Boucher, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

According to Paul, the surgery ? which will cost as much as $8,000 ? is linked to injuries he suffered in 2017 when Boucher attacked him as he mowed his lawn. Boucher pleaded guilty last year to attacking Paul in a dispute over yard care and was sentenced to 30 days in jail.

Shouldice Hernia Hospital markets itself as a ?global leader? in hernia repair, according to its website. It?s privately owned, but ?almost all of its work? is done under contract with the Ontario government, according to the Globe and Mail, and it accepts Ontario?s Hospital Insurance Plan, which is part of the nation?s public health care system, the Courier-Journal reported.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rand-paul-heading-canada-land-012217228.html

Fast food in the White House?  Well clutch my pearls and give me the vapors.  Fast food can only lead to debauchery....

"Experts like Meeks like to remind people that much of the present turmoil in Washington can be traced to pizza. He recalls that Nov. 17, 1995, during the government shutdown, was "pizza night" for Monica L. Lewinsky and President Clinton, according to Lewinsky's daybook. Lewinsky, an unpaid intern, was working at the White House because other employees had been furloughed. Had they not shared that pizza, history may well have turned out very differently.

Lewinsky also figured in another pizza-delivery frenzy: the previous three-day record for White House orders to Domino's was set after the Lewinsky story broke in mid-January. In those three days, the White House placed $2,600 in orders."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/pizza121998.htm?noredirect=on

and I guarantee that $2600 bucks in pizzas weren't paid for by Bill or Hillary.

morekaos said:
Fast food in the White House?  Well clutch my pearls and give me the vapors.  Fast food can only lead to debauchery....

"Experts like Meeks like to remind people that much of the present turmoil in Washington can be traced to pizza. He recalls that Nov. 17, 1995, during the government shutdown, was "pizza night" for Monica L. Lewinsky and President Clinton, according to Lewinsky's daybook. Lewinsky, an unpaid intern, was working at the White House because other employees had been furloughed. Had they not shared that pizza, history may well have turned out very differently.

Lewinsky also figured in another pizza-delivery frenzy: the previous three-day record for White House orders to Domino's was set after the Lewinsky story broke in mid-January. In those three days, the White House placed $2,600 in orders."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/pizza121998.htm?noredirect=on

Of course. What do you exepect? It?s the Trump diet plan.

Win a college national championship and celebrate at the White House eating fast food.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Of course. What do you exepect? It?s the Trump diet plan.

Win a college national championship and celebrate at the White House eating fast food.

I mean he could have helped local food businesses suffering from the shutdown but no...that's too much empathy

This is pretty much Trump thinking that young people only eat fast foods

They loved it...not one Burger or pizza was left and the players are still raving.  What do think they wanted Kale salads on grilled Portobellos? It was a brilliant solution that played well to the public but was shocking to townee DC.

'Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House,' Trump tweeted. 'Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!'

Clemson offensive guard Matt Bockhorst, a red-shirt freshman, responded to a viral photo of him staring longingly at a platter of burgers, tweeting: 'I mean you're not just gonna NOT eat the Big Macs stacked in a pile right?'

Sylvester Mayers, a 21-year-old sophomore told DailyMail.com that the fast-food dinner was 'unexpected, but a very familiar taste' after he finished his meal.

He had the hamburgers, chicken nuggets and the pizza, he said.

'I appreciated it. It was a kind gesture. Could have gave us nothing, I suppose,' he said of the president's out-of-pocket purchase. 'So, it could have been worse. Just excited for having the experience to be here, really,' he said
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594387/Trump-boasts-Clemson-football-team-ate-1-000-hamberders-just-one-hour-White-House.html[/url]

morekaos said:
They loved it...not one Burger or pizza was left and the players are still raving.  What do think they wanted Kale salads on grilled Portobellos? It was a brilliant solution that played well to the public but was shocking to townee DC.

'Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House,' Trump tweeted. 'Because of the Shutdown I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!'

Clemson offensive guard Matt Bockhorst, a red-shirt freshman, responded to a viral photo of him staring longingly at a platter of burgers, tweeting: 'I mean you're not just gonna NOT eat the Big Macs stacked in a pile right?'

Sylvester Mayers, a 21-year-old sophomore told DailyMail.com that the fast-food dinner was 'unexpected, but a very familiar taste' after he finished his meal.

He had the hamburgers, chicken nuggets and the pizza, he said.

'I appreciated it. It was a kind gesture. Could have gave us nothing, I suppose,' he said of the president's out-of-pocket purchase. 'So, it could have been worse. Just excited for having the experience to be here, really,' he said
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594387/Trump-boasts-Clemson-football-team-ate-1-000-hamberders-just-one-hour-White-House.html[/url]

Seriously...could you be anymore condescending. 

Back