Goodbye IHB

I am a bit worried of the opportunity for the biased opinion that could rear it's ugly head if this deal goes full steam. However, since it's too early to tell, I'll end that thought right now.

I am, however, a bit confused as to why a completely new agent with minimal experience was brought in, when a knowledgeable guy like Deuce has been with us day in and day out. He has undoubtedly built a level of trust among us here that was only accomplished through endless efforts of sharing his knowledge and offering his advice when he really had little or no monetary incentive.

To see a guy like that get his steak taken away and fed to someone who hasn't really taken the time nor spent the effort to get to know anyone on this board, is somewhat shocking. It also sparks my curiosity because it does seem like something fishy is going on.

Either case, none of this would have happened without the efforts of zovall and IR, however, I, like many on this board, wish that things had happened differently.

<em>When it?s all said and done, IR is not your RE god. Go on with your lives as you had planned whether that means you were a god awful knife catcher, buying in ?09 or waiting for Godot. Frankly, the forum has grown to be much larger than just IR and it will likely remain so. I need to know the price of milk for the week as well as whether the mutins on my windows should be on the inside or outside and that?s why I will visit the forums almost daily. </em>

But to many of us, IR *was* the source. The voice of reason. To me, this is an absolute betrayal...a sellout. "How do I make my buck from this?" feeling. While I applaud IR creating this blog and the years of "nodding my head in agreement" entertainment, I think it's time for me to go. I don't support this in the slightest, but wish him well of course.

My guess? TIC is Shevy.

Take care all, the homosexual has left the building.

Points ? Billable Hours ? Money up front retainers?

Nearly 1 in 50 people in California hold an RE license.

Like over 500,000 People.

Lots of competition with no overhead in your business.

Only people I know that get paid in advance are Hookers and Lawyers.

Trooper. That was my gut instinct too. Shevy was a TIC Schill.

Troop. Going to miss you.

I am going to get banned sooner or later too.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1239101549]Irvine Renter, can you explain what your role is in the business?</blockquote>

From the <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#more">post</a>:

<blockquote>

My function in this venture is to keep writing for the IHB and keep our traffic counts high. I am also responsible for all other marketing efforts like setting up a newsletter and email program similar to the one I created for the book.

The Irvine Housing Blog is my hobby, and it will continue to be just a hobby.</blockquote>

Have not posted for quite a while - Everybody bashed me because I expected 97-98 prices.

Ok, if IR wants to make some money trying to sell houses, I don't really care. I always thought his price projections were to optomistic.

Before this is over rents will be much lower - Rents in the UK are down 26% year over year.

Anyway, I believe everyone is still too optimistic - sorry, but its true. I currently expect all of Orange County to drop a minumum of 50% from current level.

And that is my best case scenario - thats assuming rents don't drop much. Unfortunately, I expect rents to drop by at least 1/3 before we're done.

Don't believe me - yes I sold my house at the peak, and yes I move my 401k money to cash before the market crash. I did not lose money last year.

The future - currently waiting for FHA to be bailed out - just read that 20% of FHA 2008 loans are at least 60 days late.

Also, how many eastern european countries will end up defaulting on their debt?

Now, I would really like to buy a house, but looks like I still am going to renting for at least a couple of years.

Realtor politics aside, overall it is just a poor sales and marketing pitch.

1. "We have been writing about the housing market at the IHB since September of 2006. We accurately predicted the deflation of the housing bubble. By being accurate and truthful about the direction of housing bubble, we have established credibility and trust."

>> Was predicting the downturn direction really that hard?

2. " when you are ready to buy, if you really want to thank me, come to the IHB and let us be your buyer?s broker. Someone is going to make a buy-side commission on the transaction. I would like it to be me."

>> Hmm. If I really want to thank you, I should give you money?

3. "Let us present your property in the best possible way. Every property has positives."

>> Why not start by focusing on the positive side of daily property feature.

4. "Who is the IHB? Lawrence Roberts, Shevy Akason, Zovall"

>> How about the McMansions and posters who make IHB interesting and informative?

Yes, this is very sad :(

Over the past 2 years, I've been asked by less than 5 people for their accounts to be deleted. I cannot do this because it will delete all of your posts as well as all replies (by others) to any threads started by you.

[quote author="zovall" date=1239104987]Yes, this is very sad :(

Over the past 2 years, I've been asked by less than 5 people for their accounts to be deleted. I cannot do this because it will delete all of your posts as well as all replies (by others) to any threads started by you.</blockquote>

I am actually very thankful for that. I do not want to see Troop's contributions deleted.

Trooper and No_Vas....

Like "Stepping Up" I enjoy the forums more than the blog... there's only so many overpriced homes, badly written descriptions, and financial abuse stories one can tolerate before it all blurs together. But the forums are great... wide range of topics, opinions, and information found no where else. I don't think there's enough money to pay me to live in Irvine, but I still find the forum community well worth frequent visits. If you both leave, I just wanted to let you know that at least one person will miss your input. I never thought No_Vas was "not nice enough".... he manges to be smartly snarky without personal attacks. And I really appreciated Troop's input with the Prop 8 debacle, and her contibutions regarding housing styles in Palm Springs.

I won't ever be in the market for an Irvine home, so I will not need real estate assistance in that area. I guess that means I really have no interest in how it all works out in terms of the "Irvine Housing Broker".... but it's hard to see how marketing "it's still too expensive to buy in Irvine" is going to be very profitable. And, if the marketing is something besides "it's still too expensive to buy in Irvine" then I don't see how it will fit the blog.

Well, I really just wanted to say "I'll miss you!" for what it's worth.

That is really unfortunate. I enjoy the comments from Trooper and No-Vas. If graphix, bkshoprs, bix, step, ipo, peteruk, usctrojan, step, freedomcdm, black vault, ir2, and other regular bloggers leave, new or long-time bloggers, this blog will not be so interesting. Who can we trust as a voice of sanity?

Troop,

Take a deep breath and then let us know whether you might reconsider. FWIW, I was planting my beloved tomatoes this weekend and I can't tell you how many times I thought of you and had to laugh. I even said out loud as I put in the box car willie, "well Troop, it's the second season and house has depreciated $35K, so these are my $17,500 tomatoes, not the $100kers." :)

Ya, what step said!

I don't know how it is going to play out on the main blog page, but the forums (which is by far the best part) is *us*.

And so long as we are left to make the forums what we like, I'm happy to share what I know, and learn from the many posters who are more schooled, here.

Hope you stay with us!

Come on Trooper, you know we need you on the forums. Don't let what transpired on Saturday take away your valuable contributions to the forum for the rest of us.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1239103858][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1239101549]Irvine Renter, can you explain what your role is in the business?</blockquote>

From the <a href="http://www.irvine.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#more">post</a>:

<blockquote>

My function in this venture is to keep writing for the IHB and keep our traffic counts high. I am also responsible for all other marketing efforts like setting up a newsletter and email program similar to the one I created for the book.

The Irvine Housing Blog is my hobby, and it will continue to be just a hobby.</blockquote></blockquote>

Thanks, I was unclear to me just how involved you would be in working with clients. For me the biggest deterrent from using your services is that trust was etablished with you but clients will not be working with you. And Shevy is an unknown. But I'm certainly open to getting to know him. Landmark, how about a hello?

Its kind of hard when you read this over in the Blog. Troop posted over there too.

"I have been deleting comments again this morning. I have officially reached my limit on what I will put up with.

For all of you who believe my credibility is gone or if you are upset because I deleted some of your negative comments, please leave and do not come back. You will not be missed. I do not need to read some dramatic announcement about your departure, and if you provide one, you risk joining the people I have already banned ".

"Actually, there is. If telling people to get lost is not sufficient, I can delete every one of their comments and ban every IP address they post from. It is easier than you might think"

And you wonder why Troop left ?

I no longer wish to be a part of this blog for a couple of reasons. The Panda debacle and numerous screen names being allowed per IP address started it.... and this is just icing on the cake. I simply wish to know who I'm talking to...and I don't know who IR is anymore. So it's kind of along the same vein.

I think it's atrocious that Deuce was not considered in this new venture...I also think it's inexcusable that Graph didn't even know about it until it was done. WTF ! These are some of your most prolific and most respected posters ! They MAKE these forums ! What a poor business decision. I mean, I can't stand realtards....and the respect I grew from getting to know Duece made me stop using that word. So to me, IR is now just another realtard.

So be it. It's just business...right ?

Who's game for starting a competing blog? I'd like to move my comments elsewhere. I simply cannot support this. Sorry.

"Fame" got to Larry's head. Glad that I "used to know you when".

First I'd like to start off by thanking IR and Zov for all of their hard work and I wish you guys well. It's interesting to see the negative reaction to the new business relationionship the IHB has formed. Where is the loyalty? Like BV said, don't judge until you have reason to judge, the least you can do is give IR the benefit of the doubt when he says things will remain the same. It's apparent all of you naysayers are selfish and show no loyalty to IR, why the he'll should he have any to any of you guys? You guys make it sound like you would pass up a good opportunity to make money, you are a bunch of hypocrites, as most of you would not pass it up. Troop, no vas and all of you spewing your negativity can go ahead and leave the forum - we don't need selfish hypocrites on this board. IR owes none of us anything. I don't get the feeling of betrayal by some of you.

Back