Goodbye IHB

This thread is going to be a trainwreck.

I just cant believe it. At first I thought for sure it was a

late April Fools Joke. But its not.

Thought the only way this board would end was when TIC killed it.

Or purchased it to eliminate its influence.

Never in my wildest thought would IR sell out to a Realtard with almost no experience.

I understand we all need to make a living. But what made this board so special

is the community and the good will. Thats what makes it popular and creates

the hits and traffic.

Now its just going to be another Realtor`s tool.

Total Bummer.

Just to add.

IR says he is not selling out but giving "Landmark" his leads.

IMO. Its going to create a pure conflict of interest.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1238908205]This thread is going to be a trainwreck.

I just cant believe it. At first I thought for sure it was a

late April Fools Joke. But its not.

Thought the only way this board would end was when TIC killed it.

Or purchased it to eliminate its influence.

Never in my wildest thought would IR sell out to a Realtard with almost no experience.

I understand we all need to make a living. But what made this board so special

is the community and the good will. Thats what gives makes it popular and creates

the hits and traffic.

Now its just going to be another Realtor`s tool.

Total Bummer.</blockquote>
When did this happen???

Go over to the Blog Side. Read away.

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550</a>

[quote author="bltserv" date=1238909021]Go over to the Blog Side. Read away.

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550</a></blockquote>
Just read it and threw up a comment. I dont get why Z and IR didn't team up with IR2? I mean, I have more real estate experience than Shevy helping out buyers here and there on the side.

saw the "news" couple hours ago, and still in shock....

from practicality stand point of view,

If I want to sell my house, and would like to interview IHB, what would you tell me? Will you advise me to list it at the value which in parity with rental rates (which is what you have been saying since day one), or wil you advise me to list at the WTF price ( WTF is any price is not in parity with rental rates)? If you don't believe the house worth any higher than what your chart shows, and are willing to sell it anyone who is willing to pay for it, and you just destroyed all the creditbility you have established.

If I want to buy a house, will you only advise me to pay the price according to your chart ( which is largely not there yet), or will you advise me to be a knife catcher?

Realtors are NOT market makers, they are match makers. This means you don't determine prices, you just in the middle to help buyers and sellers reach an agreement ( don't really need a Realtor if we can help it). I don't know how your analysis in regards to how much houses should worth can be a selling point to any buyers or sellers as realtor. Being a Realtor truly destroys your credibility as a market analyst.

Though I can understand everyone has to make a living somehow. At least you can delete knife catcher from your dictionary as a starter. Because without knife catchers, you won't make a dime.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1238911203][quote author="bltserv" date=1238909021]Go over to the Blog Side. Read away.

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/irvine-housing-brokers/#49550</a></blockquote>
Just read it and threw up a comment. <u> I dont get why Z and IR didn't team up with IR2? </u> I mean, I have more real estate experience than Shevy helping out buyers here and there on the side.</blockquote>

Partnership takes $$$, my guess.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1238911203][quote author="bltserv" date=1238909021]Go over to the Blog Side. Read away.

Just read it and threw up a comment. I dont get why Z and IR didn't team up with IR2? I mean, I have more real estate experience than Shevy helping out buyers here and there on the side.</blockquote>
As one of the people who helped in fleshing out this board and blog, I am really offended by the ham-handed way it's been blatantly commercialized. That feeling is only dwarfed by the absolute outrage I am have that "Deuce" wasn't made a part of this. As far as I am concerned, that alone proves this is more "sell-out" than a real desire to use the spirit of the blog to help those who want to sell and/or buy in Irvine. IrvineRealtor took every attack in stride, defended himself and his profession without ever ONCE demeaning the other members, and did his level best to educate those who had questions without asking for compensation. And then you, zovall, and you, IrvineRenter, bring in some complete stranger to make some quick coin?

I hope you choke on every last dime. I am so sorry I ever wasted one second of my time trying to help the IHB. :mad:

I'm just going to wait and see how this plays out.

If it is really just lead referral with a section of the main blog for buyers/sellers, but the rest of the place (particularly these forums) remain the same, then it is not skin off my back.

But if the tone of the place changes dramatically, then I suppose I'll have to find a new place to rant about houses.

I think it's a GREAT idea. <strong>IR is a man of integrity</strong>. He has given us all so much of his time and insight for free, I don't begrudge him the opportunity to earn a living. Moreover, I believe <span style="color: red;">he will continue to speak truth to power.</span> Many of us have said we rely on IHB to let us know when the time is right. I will certainly turn to IHB when it's time to purchase and I know Larry will give the best advice possible and it won't be in his best interest, it will be in his client's.

[quote author="rick_r" date=1238907066]We will miss you now that you have sold out to the devil!!!</blockquote>

Sold out to the devil?

I must be missing something, because I thought they are just going to help some folks buy and sell real estate.

What is with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth?

[quote author="awgee" date=1238918867][quote author="rick_r" date=1238907066]We will miss you now that you have sold out to the devil!!!</blockquote>

Sold out to the devil?

I must be missing something, because I thought they are just going to help some folks buy and sell real estate.

What is with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth?</blockquote>

Awgee.

Do you not find it odd that IR has taken on a RE guy with almost NO EXPERIENCE ?

He just started his own RE company a few months ago. November 08.

And has a history of bouncing from sponsor to sponsor in his young life.

Something does not make any sense.

Why would you use a BEAR board to help sell RE ?

Kind of like Mothers Against Drunk Driving taking on some new Vodka Company

as a partner to sell booze.

When I am ready to buy? I am going to use the realtor who has taken the time to participate on these boards.

I?m going to use the one who consistently offers knowledge, insight, and has proved his competency beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I?ll be using the man who has developed a rapport with this community.

My vote is for Deuce.

This comment may not sound very diplomatic but in my opinion, it looks like this guy has been left out in the cold so I want to say something to offer a show of support and recognition for what he has brought to the table.

Thank you for allowing me to get that off my chest.

I'm still waiting for the "ha! gotcha april fourth fools" but it doesn't seem like it'll be coming. Even the whole blog posting sounded like it was written by someone other than IR. I'm still in my WTF moment, so I'll stop now...

Something still smells a little fishy; where is the level of transparency we come to expect from IR and the IHB; are we allow to ask what the ?commission? structure is? How much kickback does IR get from every sale? I guess I won?t mind it so much, if we are told everything. Say, my options of buying on Redfin, doing my own research, versus a realtor I found myself versus the IHB. I don?t have any problems asking how much someone makes off a deal! I?m in sales and people ask me all the time, what my commission will be. Its call earning a profit based upon my specialized knowledge or skill, take it or leave it!

I'm still but hurt on the whole "being nice" thing but I think I understand what the motovation is.

I still heart you guys. Did anyone really think it could stay like this forever?

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1238924095]When I am ready to buy? I am going to use the realtor who has taken the time to participate on these boards.

I?m going to use the one who consistently offers knowledge, insight, and has proved his competency beyond a shadow of a doubt.

My vote is for Deuce.

</blockquote>

+1

[quote author="CK" date=1238941148][quote author="SoCal78" date=1238924095]When I am ready to buy? I am going to use the realtor who has taken the time to participate on these boards.

My vote is for Deuce.

</blockquote>

+1</blockquote>

And this is after he steals your beer. Now that says something!

[quote author="graphrix" date=1238941462][quote author="CK" date=1238941148]

+1</blockquote>

And this is after he steals your beer. Now that says something!</blockquote>

Actually, the +1 represents how many beers he still owes me from that Holiday 5-pack...

Back