Fresco @ Eastwood Village

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I am continuing to find issues in various places. The construction quality this time was very shoddy, atleast for phase we bought. The extra insulation that we paid for is a joke, excess stucco at places, poor quality installation of "upgraded carpet". A lot of these are unfixable. Builder could claim labor shortage/support chain as reasons but they didn't give us any discount to compensate for all these issues....

I just really hope that all these remain cosmetic issues and are not a harbinger of more serious ?structural? sloppiness

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I am continuing to find issues in various places. The construction quality this time was very shoddy, atleast for phase we bought. The extra insulation that we paid for is a joke, excess stucco at places, poor quality installation of "upgraded carpet". A lot of these are unfixable. Builder could claim labor shortage/support chain as reasons but they didn't give us any discount to compensate for all these issues....

What phrase were you in and which lot? Mine got full house insulation. I can tell you it works much better than my old home. When i need to talk to my son, i have to call him on alexa. Yelling from downstair to his room upstair doesnt work when he closes his door.

We had some crack stuccos which were taken care by IP contractor last week.  Where do you have excess stucco? Dont hesitate to contact IP for things that you think should be fixed.

Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

What phrase were you in and which lot? Mine got full house insulation. I can tell you it works much better than my old home. When i need to talk to my son, i have to call him on alexa. Yelling from downstair to his room upstair doesnt work when he closes his door.

We had some crack stuccos which were taken care by IP contractor last week.  Where do you have excess stucco? Dont hesitate to contact IP for things that you think should be fixed.

The high ceiling in the great room seems to have rendered the full house insulation useless for my Bluffs 2. The sound from Youtube clips I watch in my office (bedroom 4) travels to our master bedroom even with the door closed.

CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

The high ceiling in the great room seems to have rendered the full house insulation useless for my Bluffs 2. The sound from Youtube clips I watch in my office (bedroom 4) travels to our master bedroom even with the door closed.

Mine has a loft so that may have help. From the engineering stand point, open ceiling effectively turns a house into a semi tunnel which bounces the sounds everywhere.

For wall to wall insulation, it is pretty effective. My daughter room is next to the laundry. I can barely hear the dryer only at her door due to bottom door gap not through the wall. At my old home w/o insulation, we tried not to do laundry late at night. The entire second floor could hear washer/dryer running.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Mine has a loft so that may have help. From the engineering stand point, open ceiling effectively turns a house into a semi tunnel which bounces the sounds everywhere.

For wall to wall insulation, it is pretty effective. My daughter room is next to the laundry. I can barely hear the dryer only at her door due to bottom door gap not through the wall. At my old home w/o insulation, we tried not to do laundry late at night. The entire second floor could hear washer/dryer running.

You got a good insulation then. In our case, when toilet is flushed or shower is on, the adjacent room can hear it clear. Same with washer/dryer running. Even i do dishes in kitchen sink, sound can be heard in upstairs master bedroom. This is after paying for while house insulation.

The worst is when the water softener does it regeneration cycle! I can understand that can be noisy due to the pressure but in this house its so loud that it can wake up people upstairs.

Perhaps they didn?t  actually give you the whole home insulation. Given the shitty construction these days it may have been an oversight.

qwerty said:
Perhaps they didn?t  actually give you the whole home insulation. Given the shitty construction these days it may have been an oversight.

This was my concern too. When my house was under construction b4 they put up drywalls, i scheduled a visit to make sure insulations installed.  Of course that?s all i was able to do. You need professional eyes to check everything else. Too bad IP didnt allow 3rd inspectors for pre-drywall inspection.

Danimal said:
qwerty said:

This was my concern too. When my house was under construction b4 they put up drywalls, i scheduled a visit to make sure insulations installed.  Of course that?s all i was able to do. You need professional eyes to check everything else. Too bad IP didnt allow 3rd inspectors for pre-drywall inspection.
I also made sure they put the insulation by visiting the site on those specific days.

I know someone in cetara who paid for the insulation upgrade who came to later find out it wasn?t installed. I believe they hired a contractor to inspect all the walls and come to find out it was never installed.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:
qwerty said:

I also made sure they put the insulation by visiting the site on those specific days.

trematix said:
I know someone in cetara who paid for the insulation upgrade who came to later find out it wasn?t installed. I believe they hired a contractor to inspect all the walls and come to find out it was never installed.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:
qwerty said:

I hope they got their money back from the builder for the upgrade cost at the very least.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Yeah, actually, the insulation from the laundry room is pretty good. My son did laundry last night. We could hear the washer when we got home through the high ceiling because he left the laundry room door open. But when I went into the master bedroom, I could barely hear the washer.

Looks like IP is back to their old price sheet format, the one they used when there were no priority lists and homes lingered on the market for a while. Specific lots are now explicitly listed with with their elevation, lot size price and upgrades if any. And you can see homes from older phases that didn?t sell  mixed with newer ones.

More interestingly, the single story home is still sitting in their lap like damaged goods. 

Attachments

• JPEG image.pdf
    942.8 KB · Views: 307
  • JPEG image.pdf
    942.8 KB · Views: 185
Yousr said:
Looks like IP is back to their old price sheet format, the one they used when there were no priority lists and homes lingered on the market for a while. Specific lots are now explicitly listed with with their elevation, lot size price and upgrades if any. And you can see homes from older phases that didn?t sell  mixed with newer ones.

More interestingly, the single story home is still sitting in their lap like damaged goods.

Aren't single level homes rare and sought after? I am surprised there are no takers so far for this; understand the 2.4M asking price us steep though. This may have to wait for an FCB to pick up.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Yousr said:

Aren't single level homes rare and sought after? I am surprised there are no takers so far for this; understand the 2.4M asking price us steep though. This may have to wait for an FCB to pick up.

Just shows you to what extent IP is willing to sit on inventory for whatever long rather than lower prices to sell like most other builders in their case. This holds for their regular floor plans as well. Even in this interest rate environment they will never contemplate lowering prices from one phase to the next. Flat or higher is the way to go

Yousr said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Yousr said:

Just shows you to what extent IP is willing to sit on inventory for whatever long rather than lower prices to sell like most other builders in their case. This holds for their regular floor plans as well. Even in this interest rate environment they will never contemplate lowering prices from one phase to the next. Flat or higher is the way to go

This is one of the issues I have with The Irvine Company building so many Irvine Pacific homes. They can sit on inventory for years without really losing any money. They keep getting other developer's plots and using them for themselves. Irvine Pacific can price the homes at 5 million and let them sit for 10 years if they feel like it.

IrvineRealEstate said:
That is the market power Irvine Pacific has. Got to give credit when it's due for what they've accomplished.

I'm not a fan of them aka the Irvine Company in this regard.

Stopped by the Fresco sales office today. Homes are still moving at these IP prices, albeit at a much slower rate. They increased their floorplan 1 price by $74k. So, whatever IP giveth in incentives with their right hand, IP taketh in price hikes with their left and then some.

The single story home is such a hopeless case for them they don?t care to include it on the price sheet anymore.

Yousr said:
Stopped by the Fresco sales office today. Homes are still moving at these IP prices, albeit at a much slower rate. They increased their floorplan 1 price by $74k. So, whatever IP giveth in incentives with their right hand, IP taketh in price hikes with their left and then some.

The single story home is such a hopeless case for them they don?t care to include it on the price sheet anymore.

Do you have latest price sheet for all models?

Danimal said:
Yousr said:

Plan 1: 2.09M
Plan 2: 2.222M
Plan 3: 2.296M, 2.286M, 2.295M

Do you have latest price sheet for all models?

Back