Fresco @ Eastwood Village

Compressed-Village said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Hmmm, interesting. You thinking what I am thinking?

Single stories go for more money than two stories and eastwood has sold for 800 per sq foot, so who knows?

I will say this............ I always think about selling when I buy something I don't plan on keeping forever. For everyone who thinks trees grow to the sky they don't. For those who are buying now, if you can afford it, love the floor plan, like the schools and location, fine BUT if you are thinking how much and fast will the house I'm buying appreciate because I want to sell it in a year or two...... watch out. Your cost to resell has to include commission and do u honestly think there are people who will buy whatever u r selling for that plus any other costs u incur with higher rates? U could be stuck with your house, mello and property taxes increasing 2% per year. 2% of alot of money is alot of money.... in 5 years, property taxes will be 10% more than what u pay now. Think about how much people are going to be paying for your house, mortgage, taxes etc at an even higher price and higher interest rate if you plan on reselling.

Would i buy this single story to resell? Not on your life.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I saw this on Redfin and I was like  :'( because in Dec 2020 I was considering the Single Level Napa that KB homes was offering for 1.4 Million and unfortunately didn't act, now it would be up by a full 1 Million. This is one that KB was offering for 1.4M and it stood for full 2-3 months:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/100-Frontier-92602/home/143911650

I begged my hubby to buy this one in 2012. NO ONE was even going to see it. Told him we could rent it out and sell our big house when we were older and move to the one story.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Camellia-92620/home/4792976

I don't know what that would sell for now. It's 23 years old but within walking distance to eastwood in a gated community and over 3100 sq feet, almost 8000 sq foot lot and the mello is paid off.

It does have a family and living room but you could use one as a workout area or office if you put in a wall. MUCH better investment imo.

single story, 3CWG house with open concept floorpan, 12' ceilings at entrance, 10' ceiling rest of house, double entrance door, and detached casita, pool and outdoor bathroom in Irvine will truly be a unicorn....tear down and rebuild in Turtle Rock?

Ready2Downsize said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I saw this on Redfin and I was like  :'( because in Dec 2020 I was considering the Single Level Napa that KB homes was offering for 1.4 Million and unfortunately didn't act, now it would be up by a full 1 Million. This is one that KB was offering for 1.4M and it stood for full 2-3 months:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/100-Frontier-92602/home/143911650

I begged my hubby to buy this one in 2012. NO ONE was even going to see it. Told him we could rent it out and sell our big house when we were older and move to the one story.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Camellia-92620/home/4792976

I don't know what that would sell for now. It's 23 years old but within walking distance to eastwood in a gated community and over 3100 sq feet, almost 8000 sq foot lot and the mello is paid off.

It does have a family and living room but you could use one as a workout area or office if you put in a wall. MUCH better investment imo.

huuur said:
Does anyone know whether Fresco in Eastwood released phase 15 and what is the new pricing?

Phase 15A sold out (2 homes). And phase 15B being currently signed for (another 2 homes).

Yousr said:
huuur said:
Does anyone know whether Fresco in Eastwood released phase 15 and what is the new pricing?

Phase 15A sold out (2 homes). And phase 15B being currently signed for (another 2 homes).

Do you have the pricing for phrase 15?

Thanks,

Btw, phrase 12 has COE end of May which is on schedule.  I am surprised there is no delay.

Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Btw, phrase 12 has COE end of May which is on schedule.  I am surprised there is no delay.

Phase 15A:
Plan 1 (no conservatory): 1.851M
Plan 3 (no conservatory): 2.088M
Phase 15B:
Plan 2 (conservatory): 2.235M
Plan 3 (conservatory + bonus room): 2.426M

box said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

How does this make sense? This house hasn?t even been done being built yet. It probably sold a couple of weeks ago by IP and won?t close escrow until July/August timeframe. This is a joke listing

If you look at the lister, this is being sold by IP.

Normally if a home isn't selling well, IP will post the home to Redfin, Zillow, etc. themselves.

Wow? they must have messed up pretty good on this one. I?d have thought anything would fly in this market

Yousr said:
box said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

How does this make sense? This house hasn?t even been done being built yet. It probably sold a couple of weeks ago by IP and won?t close escrow until July/August timeframe. This is a joke listing

Normally if a home isn't selling well, IP will post the home to Redfin, Zillow, etc. themselves.

Wow? they must have messed up pretty good on this one. I?d have thought anything would fly in this market

When asked the sales one time about a listing on Redfin, I was told IP puts it just for marketing purpose although they have a buyer....can't always believe what the sales ppl say.

Yousr said:
box said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Quite a big yard though. But didn?t someone say there is no driveway?

sleepy5136 said:
Yousr said:
box said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Quite a big yard though. But didn?t someone say there is no driveway?

The single story houses in Eastwood (they all border the walking trail on the west side) have driveways, but they are very short driveways. They usually won't fit a car parked on the driveway without blocking the sidewalk.

You can use Google Street View to look at other houses in this houses' position on the other streets to the south of this one to see what I mean.

Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Plan 1 (no conservatory): 1.851M
Plan 3 (no conservatory): 2.088M
Phase 15B:
Plan 2 (conservatory): 2.235M
Plan 3 (conservatory + bonus room): 2.426M

It seems that the price growth slowed a bit in Phase 15A compared to previous phases. I remember Phase 15B is the big lots ones

Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

huuur said:
It seems that the price growth slowed a bit in Phase 15A compared to previous phases. I remember Phase 15B is the big lots ones

Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

I think it's expected for the price growth to slow down. Some of us here are expecting the housing price to flatten by the summer. This seems to be the case so far. With the mortgage rates jumping so fast, it might flatten a couple of months earlier.

CalBears96 said:
huuur said:

Phase 14C

I think it's expected for the price growth to slow down. Some of us here are expecting the housing price to flatten by the summer. This seems to be the case so far. With the mortgage rates jumping so fast, it might flatten a couple of months earlier.

It would be good to go sideways for quite a while like 2016-2018 (I might have the years off a bit but it was a general sideways move).

Back