Experts admit global warming predictions wrong

Do you believe now, Trinity? (not DM)

Since it's Friday...

That picture shows extreme end of one to another, like:
"The consequences of climate change now include, among others, intense droughts, water scarcity, severe fires, rising sea levels, flooding, melting polar ice, catastrophic storms and declining biodiversity."

Weather vs Climate:
Weather refers to atmospheric conditions that occur locally over short periods of time—from minutes to hours or days. Familiar examples include rain, snow, clouds, winds, floods, or thunderstorms

Climate, on the other hand, refers to the long-term (usually at least 30 years) regional or even global average of temperature, humidity, and rainfall patterns over seasons, years, or decades.

Those before and after pictures are why people believe in god
All this proves that it is just a bunch of BS. Even if you stipulate that you believe everything they’re trying to shovel on you there is literally nothing we can do about it and buying an electric car or tearing up your lawn isn’t going to change a thing. just live your life the best you can and adapt, but don’t let government bureaucrats change the way they live by causing prices of everything to rise in vain attempt to fight a windmill. 🙄😡🤔😆

Yep... all the stuff morekaos is posting is just providing evidence of the possibility of climate change.

Irony gonna irony.
it’s the nonexistent crisis of “ifs” and “buts”. The iF’s and buts never seem to happen but when something pops up like a period of dryness or a period of wetness or a couple of hurricanes, they point that out as proof, then when it doesn’t continue, they say it’s just weather not climate change. Notice that all their pronunciations are couched in words like “possibility”, “maybe”, “perhaps”, “it might.”… It’s all a crock.

By the way, Spock’s, prediction of a new Ice Age back in 1979 was pretty well accepted as settled science. Tons of scientific papers back then backing up that premise. Not referring to it as weather but calling it climate pattern. Looks pretty sunny outside.

California is officially free of drought after more than seven years, drought monitors said Thursday.

The Golden State has experienced some form of drought for 376 consecutive weeks, the National Drought Mitigation Center at the University of Nebraska, tweeted. It’s the first time the state has been free of drought since Dec. 20, 2011.

All this proves that it is just a bunch of BS. Even if you stipulate that you believe everything they’re trying to shovel on you there is literally nothing we can do about it and buying an electric car or tearing up your lawn isn’t going to change a thing. just live your life the best you can and adapt, but don’t let government bureaucrats change the way they live by causing prices of everything to rise in vain attempt to fight a windmill. 🙄😡🤔😆
And this is a crock too.

As humans, we should try to be responsible... not just dump waste in a river and say "I'm gonna live how I'm gonna live".

My point has always been that there seems to be some evidence of climate change... never that we are all going to die tomorrow... and just knowing that we have some effect on climate, we should try to do what we can to reduce that impact.

Whether it means reduce dependency on fossil fuels, use more renewable energy, recycle, throw your garbage in the garbage and not in the street, drive less... walk more... whatever... that's not "following the leaders'... that's doing the right thing.

Last edited:
I am totally fine with follow the leader...I just resist it when it is at the point of a gun. Government coercion through taxes, overregulation and edict is no way to foster cooperation. Also, spending my hard earned money on futile and wasteful policy is also no way to rally support. I am totally fine with you buying an EV, recycling, spending your money on solar power, buying an electric stove…You do you but don’t try and get others to follow by force. If EV’s are desirable then let the market create competition to meet real demand. Adoption would happen organically. If they are not, then the idea dies and appropriate death. I think without significant government coercion, it is just not ready for prime time…someday maybe when the infrastructure can bear it but don’t force everyone to support or buy something they don’t freely want …that is the wrong thing.

We are on common ground here... remember... I don't agree with this whole "all EV by 2030" edict some states are putting out.

What you don't want to recognize is that EVs are desirable, you keep saying that it will fail when it's flourishing... despite any "leader force". No one forced anyone to buy Teslas... they didn't have EV credits for years yet became the number one EV globally. No one is forcing you buy solar... yet people are here are doing it because it's saves money. You keep saying drill more... but why? There are alternatives that don't required dependency on fossil fuel.

You need to recognize that people are doing these things on their own accord and not by force and they are getting wider adoption without coercion or following leaders.

Go unicorns!

By the way, Spock’s, prediction of a new Ice Age back in 1979 was pretty well accepted as settled science. Tons of scientific papers back then backing up that premise. Not referring to it as weather but calling it climate pattern. Looks pretty sunny outside.

California is officially free of drought after more than seven years, drought monitors said Thursday.

The Golden State has experienced some form of drought for 376 consecutive weeks, the National Drought Mitigation Center at the University of Nebraska, tweeted. It’s the first time the state has been free of drought since Dec. 20, 2011.

Are you really citing 1979 settled science? Let's go back even further to pre-copernicus and the heliocentric view, or flat earth, etc? Because science stands still? Because gov't and other entities didn't get involved and tried to curb pollution over time?

It's easy to say there's nothing really we can do, just live and adapt when you live the posh life looking out to the ocean, but not far enough to see the pacific garbage patch or breath the l.a smog that the regular folks have to deal with. Believe it or not, there are other people (even ones living a more posh life than yourself) that actually do want something better for everyone else

Regarding market creation, it's also easy to cite drill baby drill because they've benefited from $ trillions since inception, but you're so resistant in having the similar benefits to lower barrier to entry for anything green (maybe because it's a competitor to your existing portfolio)

Not at all. I cite those scientific prognostication that actually prove that they really don’t know what they are talking about, but go ahead and use some of the ones from the more recent past. Seems the ice caps are still there and the Himalayas are still frozen, my kids have seen snow, my house is still 5 feet over the water, and DC still blossoms. Again, I am all for competition. Pull all subsidies, let’s see who remains standing. If EV could compete it would but in the long haul it’s a loser…no amount of government subsidies will make it marketabley viable. Ford is about to announce crippling losses in its EV division even with all the subsidies and government money. Too many issues with consumption, battery storage, energy sourcing and the grids ability to supply it at a reasonable cost. In the end, strip out the feel good green issue and all you have are rich people playing with toys that only they can afford. In other words, all that money and taxes are wasted when they could be better spent providing a better life for everyone. Some people may want that Utopia you speak of but the vast majority are more concerned with the basics…a roof over their heads, Cheaper gas, better roads, more available water, heating homes providing light and food at reasonable prices. Being rich gives you the luxury of worrying about loftier things than the average Joe I guess. All those basic benefits are blunted in a vain attempt at controlling our environment in the pursuit of unicorns and rainbows. I see through the smog, that they supposedly say is there. (remember Long Beach has supposed to have some of the worst air in the LA area). I breath easy.👍🏽🍻😆😆😆

Not at all. I cite those scientific prognostication that actually prove that they really don’t know what they are talking about, but go ahead and use some of the ones from the more recent past. Seems the ice caps are still there and the Himalayas are still frozen, my kids have seen snow, my house is still 5 feet over the water, and DC still blossoms. Again, I am all for competition. Pull all subsidies, let’s see who remains standing. If EV could compete it would but in the long haul it’s a loser…no amount of government subsidies will make it marketabley viable. Ford is about to announce crippling losses in its EV division even with all the subsidies and government money. Too many issues with consumption, battery storage, energy sourcing and the grids ability to supply it at a reasonable cost. In the end, strip out the feel good green issue and all you have are rich people playing with toys that only they can afford. In other words, all that money and taxes are wasted when they could be better spent providing a better life for everyone. Some people may want that Utopia you speak of but the vast majority are more concerned with the basics…a roof over their heads, Cheaper gas, better roads, more available water, heating homes providing light and food at reasonable prices. Being rich gives you the luxury of worrying about loftier things than the average Joe I guess. All those basic benefits are blunted in a vain attempt at controlling our environment in the pursuit of unicorns and rainbows. I see through the smog, that they supposedly say is there. (remember Long Beach has supposed to have some of the worst air in the LA area). I breath easy.👍🏽🍻😆😆😆
Forcing the transition to green energy will end up like the govt of Sri Lanka forcing organic farming practices universally - a national disaster. But given the subsidies being handed out while the grid continues to be strained and is not yet built out to support the green future all homewoners should be installing solar + batteries. Grid outages do not redline as large parts of Los Gatos, Saratoga, Los Altos, Atherton and other ritzy areas have been struggling with power during these storms. Not us.

Back