EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
morekaos said:
Watch that video again, there is nothing positive about it. Some Ford exec came down on his head and probably threaten to sue him but there is a little doubt that Pickup is a piece of junk. Misinformation about misinformation.

See.. this is where you live. How can Ford threaten him if what he was saying wasn't untrue?

And little doubt from who? There is a wait list for 3 years of production for the Lightning... resale market is at least 10-20% over MSRP.

Seems like quite a bit of demand for a piece of junk.

You're the one who isn't living in reality... and you just keep proving it with each lie-filled post you make.

Oh, he was threatened?unicorns and rainbows scare the small guy?

Ford has been in contact with Tyler and he reportedly apologized to the manufacturer for publishing the video and framing everything the way he did.

I think you need to go back to elementary school... your reading skills are pretty bad.

BTW: I just did a quick Internet search and found 5 Bolts less than $30k, want me to reserve one for you?

Of course it?s available if you want something to pose in that is trendy and expensive, but if you want something to tow or do what a pick up truck is supposed to do I don?t think you?re gonna be buying this.

The California Court Company said:
Honestly I feel EV should win us over by its advantages over ICE, like convenience to charge at home, instant torque and less maintenance , but infrastructure should catch up and for people who have range anxiety or worry about the toxic impact of battery manufacturing or disposal, ICE is still a good alternative; wish it is not being pushed and forced upon us with government subsidies and regulations.

But that is the California way, right? By the time it's entrenched, the state conveniently lets you know they don't make enough from gas taxes and need to charge a fee per mile.

By then with lower number of ICE vehicles on the road, gas should be lower. Of course California will probably make anyone who has a car without the ability to report how many miles are driven to install a device to register the car.

Coming folks and it's probably sooner than we all think.

I was a red light behind a Tesla Plaid a couple of days ago, they were first at the light. When the light turned green the driver took off and that damn car looked like it shot out of a cannon. Seemed borderline dangerous :)

I couldn?t believe how fast it took off.

Ready2Downsize said:
The California Court Company said:
Honestly I feel EV should win us over by its advantages over ICE, like convenience to charge at home, instant torque and less maintenance , but infrastructure should catch up and for people who have range anxiety or worry about the toxic impact of battery manufacturing or disposal, ICE is still a good alternative; wish it is not being pushed and forced upon us with government subsidies and regulations.

But that is the California way, right? By the time it's entrenched, the state conveniently lets you know they don't make enough from gas taxes and need to charge a fee per mile.

By then with lower number of ICE vehicles on the road, gas should be lower. Of course California will probably make anyone who has a car without the ability to report how many miles are driven to install a device to register the car.

Coming folks and it's probably sooner than we all think.

I believe California already charges higher registration fees for EVs.

There may already be taxes on EV charging stations... so even non-gas vehicles will pay their share to maintain the roads.

qwerty said:
I was a red light behind a Tesla Plaid a couple of days ago, they were first at the light. When the light turned green the driver took off and that damn car looked like it shot out of a cannon. Seemed borderline dangerous :)

Did it look ludicrous?

zubs said:
qwerty said:

Did it look ludicrous?

I guess it did :)

Even MBZ admits EVs are the way:
https://electrek.co/2022/10/07/automaker-behind-internal-combustion-engine-switch-to-luxury-evs/

Fast forward over 100 years, and the auto industry is undergoing one of the most significant transitions since the creation of mass-produced gas-powered vehicles.

The switch from internal combustion engines to EVs is happening quicker than most expected. As technology advances, allowing superior range, more power, and new features, consumers are converting faster than ever.

Electric vehicle sales in the US hit another record in the first half of 2022, jumping to 196,788 to claim 5.6% of the overall market. Most automakers released their September sales this week, and although EV sales continue climbing, sales of gas-powered vehicles are declining. For example, Ford reported September 2022 sales showing a nearly 9% decline in total vehicle sales from 2021. Toyota, GM, Stellantis, Honda, Nissan, and more are seeing similar figures.

Tesla, which only makes electric vehicles, delivered a record 343,000 EVs in Q3, representing 43% growth from Q3 2021.

Mercedes Benz sees this trend expanding as consumers will increasingly switch to EVs over internal combustion engines, especially luxury buyers.

The switch to EVs from internal combustion engines is happening

In an interview with CNBC?s Jim Cramer, Mercedes-Benz CEO Ola Kallenius said, ?Step-by-step, we see the market turning? from internal combustion engines to EVs.

Mercedes-Benz plans to become an all-electric brand within this decade, launching an EV alternative for every model they offer by 2025. Furthermore, all new vehicle architectures will be built for electric-only models from 2025 on.

Kallenius continues to say the switch may happen quicker than most expect with luxury EVs, stating:

I really believe that in this decade, we will flip from being based upon high tech internal combustion engines to going dominant electric, if not all electric, in the luxury segment.

Mercedes plans to achieve carbon neutrality by 2039, working to reduce CO2 across its supply chain through mineral recycling initiatives and sourcing components from IRMA-certified mines. The automaker admits climate change is an issue that needs to be addressed.

We?ve all realized that climate change is real, the CO2 problem needs to be solved. And where does that problem end? It ends on the desks of our engineers.

As the switch to EVs accelerates, Mercedes-Benz believes it?s better for the planet and can also boost business.

We do it because we think it?s right. But we also do it because we think it?s going to be the better business. I don?t think there?s any question for a modern company, a forward-thinking modern company, that we need to decarbonize.

The German luxury automaker?s chief concluded, hinting as EVs advance, buyers will prefer them, claiming:

As long as you give the customer a superior product to what they had before, they?re open minded for a switch. The experience for the customer in terms of the torque, the performance, everything is fantastic.

BTW... I can't afford them but the MBZ EVs are very nice.

A rich man?s toy? Or what you like to call them ?enthusiast?s  ?.
;D ;D >:D
?I really believe that in this decade, we will flip from being based upon high tech internal combustion engines to going dominant electric, if not all electric, in the luxury segment.?

So while I?m driving away from the tsunami in my bronco. You?ll be underwater and on fire, ouch! ;D ;D >:D

Battling fires from water-damaged EVs 'ties up resources' in Hurricane Ian recovery, Florida fire dept says

According to Hammond, a typical car fire requires one tank of water and less than an hour to safely put out, while EV fires require much more effort.

"They take up to two hours to cool the batteries, to keep them out of a runaway situation," the assistant fire chief explained. "And in some cases where we don't have a water source, we have to just secure the area and let them burn because we can't get enough water to them."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...hurricane-ian-recovery-florida-fire-dept-says

Picked up my Model 3 today. Apparently, there's only one-pedal mode now. You can choose between "Hold", "Rolling" and "Creeping", but once you let go of the gas pedal, it will slow down drastically. Still trying to get used to that. And all the damn controls too. 😒

Picked up my Model 3 today. Apparently, there's only one-pedal mode now. You can choose between "Hold", "Rolling" and "Creeping", but once you let go of the gas pedal, it will slow down drastically. Still trying to get used to that. And all the damn controls too. 😒

Congratulations! It takes a little time with one pedal driving especially when switching back and forth between ICE and EV.

What did you think of Tesla's delivery process?

Back