Economy and Climate Change

…but I’ll be right. They are soooo overhyping this. Sure there probably be some flooding…that they’ll also overhype. And maybe someone will fall in a river ( probably a homeless guy) but in the end…..meh🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

I was at Costco today at the district and it was a mess. Hadn’t seen it this busy in a while. I’m assuming some it is that people don’t want to shop in the rain over the next couple of days so it pulled in shoppers from the next couple of days but there was a certain eeriness to it all.

The forecast says the winds will be st 20mph here so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue here. The grading in new/newer developments is pretty good so most people should be fine. It will be a good test to see how people’s solar installations were, I’m guessing roofing companies will be very busy next week repairing leaks.

I was at Costco today at the district and it was a mess. Hadn’t seen it this busy in a while. I’m assuming some it is that people don’t want to shop in the rain over the next couple of days so it pulled in shoppers from the next couple of days but there was a certain eeriness to it all.
They are not early shopping, they are prepping. That is eery… has Tustin flooded in previous storms?

I'm hoping for a metric ton of lightning storms to blow through. Fun times (except for doggos). Also, the Ralphs in my area was jammed and almost every cart had a 36 pack of water bottles. At least some are taking this seriously, even if it may turn out to be overhyped.

Sounds like the desert and low mountain areas will get the brunt of it.
Uh I see almost 3” of rain for OC and Long Beach. That’s a f*$kload in one day. Roof condition and drainage infrastructure capacity will be tested. Best wishes to all affected on coming through without insurance claims.

My wife was at Spectrum Costco today and she said she has never seen so many people at Costco. Worst part is that so many people were filling up gas, blocking cars from getting into Costco. I don't understand why people need to fill up a full tank. It's just one day of storm, and you're going to be HOME. You're not gonna drive somewhere for shelter.

I was telling my wife the same thing - these people live here, where do they plan on going?I normally get gas Saturday morning and normally it’s empty and the Costco gas line was pretty long so just skipped it. Where are these people going to go? Perhaps they plan to outrun the storm - maybe they think it’s a tornado :)

I plan on spending the day in a bar, watching football, ordering appetizers, in the rain, I love days like that.👍🏽🍻🌪️😂😂

Just went to Costco this morning. Probably as empty as it can be for a weekend day. Except water every thing else is fully stocked and the shelf is full. Gasoline line is non existent. Even weekdays are busier than this.
Glad I don’t really need water as I have the habit of stockpiling water, like having 15 cases already (when you get a 3CWG large house…).

You can’t remember a year ago? May not have been August, but it was September 9.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

TROPICAL STORM KAY BRINGS RAIN, POSSIBLE FLASH FLOODING TO SOCAL​

Hurricane Kay has been downgraded to a tropical storm after first making landfall in Mexico.

By ABC7.com staff
Friday, September 9, 2022

Back