Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

rkp said:
ps9 said:
They have to promote this well, with all the attached housing, and only 1 desirable SFH lots in 7... let's see.. the trails are always a good sell, this does connect to JOST via tunnel right?  And Northwood HS is a no brainer. 

yup tunnel under jeffery connecting to JOST.  how can you tell the lots in 7 are going to be the best.  i am trying to understand difference between 4 5 and 7

Furthest from eyesores near Irvine Blvd, though the Edison power grid is not pleasant

I think they're building a bunch of attached products at a lower price point to bring in the millennials. Then the hope is one day the millennials will be the move up buyer and will create the demand for the SFR. Irvine Co is keeping the cycle going and covering all their basis. Donald Bren just keeps getting richer.

rkp said:
ps9 said:
  how can you tell the lots in 7 are going to be the best.  i am trying to understand difference between 4 5 and 7

Furthest from eyesores near Irvine Blvd, though the Edison power grid is not pleasant

If I remember correctly from a previous post the existing residential people wanted the houses that will back to them to be the largest.  Hence Lots 4 and 5 may be the largest.

Irvine Dream said:
rkp said:
ps9 said:
  how can you tell the lots in 7 are going to be the best.  i am trying to understand difference between 4 5 and 7

If I remember correctly from a previous post the existing residential people wanted the houses that will back to them to be the largest.  Hence Lots 4 and 5 may be the largest.

Also from my eyeball test, it looks like lot 7 will have smaller lots?  Supposed to fit 400 homes. Versus under 250 total for lot 4 and 5. If terrazza is the biggest homes, then everything will be on motorcourts?

bones said:
Irvine Dream said:
rkp said:
ps9 said:

Also from my eyeball test, it looks like lot 7 will have smaller lots?  Supposed to fit 400 homes. Versus under 250 total for lot 4 and 5. If terrazza is the biggest homes, then everything will be on motorcourts?
Lot 5 will be the biggest with traditional cul-de-sac and drive ways based on the plan

Irvine Dream said:
bones said:
Irvine Dream said:
rkp said:
ps9 said:

Lot 5 will be the biggest with traditional cul-de-sac and drive ways based on the plan

Yea youre right. I just saw terrazza clones and assumed motorcourts. You gonna finally buy here irvine dream and stop stalking the rest of the homeowners on the board? Seems like you have keen interest and some knowledge :)

this looks progressively worse than Stonegate and CV.  I use home to pool ratio as a rough gauge on amenities (Woodbury is the gold standard with 500 to 1 I believe).

Stonegate gets 4 active parks/pools, 1 public park and 2 passive parks for ~2800 homes.
home/pool ratio is 700 to 1

CV gets 2 active parks/pools, 1 public park and 2 passive parks for ~1800? homes.
home/pool ratio seems high, at 900 to 1

Eastwood gets 2 active parks/pools, 1 public park and 1 passive park for 1900 homes.
home/pool ratio is even higher at 950 to 1

These all refer to Irvine company developed communities of course, excluding 5 Point/Heritage Park

bones said:
Yea youre right. I just saw terrazza clones and assumed motorcourts. You gonna finally buy here irvine dream and stop stalking the rest of the homeowners on the board? Seems like you have keen interest and some knowledge :)

I hope to buy in Eastwood or in Greenwood (spouse doesn't like the Greenwood location though and I have a feeling that I might not like the Eastwood prices)  but looking forward to continue to stalk harmlessly.  ;D Trust me, I am harmless as they come.

Thank you all for providing great information on this site.  I've been following some of these threads for a while, and they are both informative and amusing.

I just closed on my condo that I lived at for over 12 years, in Northwood.  Renting while I wait to see what my next step will be.  Love the Hicks Canyon trail, so I'm thinking about Planning Area 5B (will it really be called Eastwood?). 

If Cambria-type townhomes will be built here, I'm wondering if there are any good guesses as to what they will start at - even if it is several months from now.  Might also be interested in the next level up in a SFR.

ps9 said:
thelandofnoland said:
Lot 11 is called Eucalyptus Park.
The homes to the west of it are Terrazza clones. The homes to the east are Marigold clones.
There might be Corte Bella, Entrata, and Cambria clones too.

Boo another group of boring homes in a 'C' village.  What's Lot 7? Strada clones?

Yup another batch of the same lazy haphazardly made floor plans to match all the other new villages.

How disappointing to see that this will be just another boring TIC village.  We were hoping there would be less condos in the mix and larger lot sizes (esp the homes backing up to the trail)...any clue if there will be any?  If you're looking for a 3,000 sq ft + house with a decent lot size (not near the dump or on contaminated land), where would you buy?  [we ruled out the older neighborhoods because we hate the choppy floor plans and low ceilings]...

gobears said:
How disappointing to see that this will be just another boring TIC village.  We were hoping there would be less condos in the mix and larger lot sizes (esp the homes backing up to the trail)...any clue if there will be any?  If you're looking for a 3,000 sq ft + house with a decent lot size (not near the dump or on contaminated land), where would you buy?  [we ruled out the older neighborhoods because we hate the choppy floor plans and low ceilings]...

Shady Canyon.

bones said:
gobears said:

Shady Canyon.

Mmmn!!  Sense of humor without sarcasm, refreshing

gobears said:
[we ruled out the older neighborhoods because we hate the choppy floor plans and low ceilings]...
I get that the older hoods have "choppy" floorplans (if you are referring to separate areas for living/dining/nook/kitchen/family/den-downstairs br) but I think you will find that many have higher volume ceilings rather than these 9 footers you see now with their 2nd floor on 1st floor stacked design.

Saw today they put up a street signed and it's called Parkwood. Will this be the name of the neighborhood? I prefer this name over Eastwood.

Back