Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

OS said:
Unless you're talking about the Far East or are on the East Coast, "East" anything in OC has a downmarket connotation.

Agreed - Would much prefer the name Northwood Pointe Paseo.  The name "Eastwood Village" doesn't have a "premium" ring to it.

Every time I hear Village I think

santas-village.jpg

Or

smurfs_big.jpg

Not exactly a place where I would plunk down $$$ to buy.

FYI - Santa's Village in Lake Arrowhead is re-opening Fall this year ... Maybe that has something to do with it.
http://www.sbsun.com/lifestyle/20140606/santas-village-to-reopen-as-year-round-attraction

WTTCMN said:
ZeroLot said:
Every time I hear Village I think

Not exactly a place where I would plunk down $$$ to buy.

FYI - Santa's Village in Lake Arrowhead is re-opening Fall this year ... Maybe that has something to do with it.
http://www.sbsun.com/lifestyle/20140606/santas-village-to-reopen-as-year-round-attraction

Wait. I'm confused. Didn't you buy a house in cypress VILLAGE?  To me, village is fine. Agree with most that Eastwood is terrible.

Yes and do you know how many people now think I live in Cypress the city??  It's the best fake out name ever!

Hello- does anyone know when this development is planned for?  We were really disappointed by Orchard Hills and are hoping this might be an option for us...  Thanks!

gobears said:
Hello- does anyone know when this development is planned for?  We were really disappointed by Orchard Hills and are hoping this might be an option for us...  Thanks!

What is wrong with Orchid Hills?  I was looking there as well, but I wanted the gated community by the small reservoir/lake on the Irvine side. 

gobears said:

I read about Area 5b plan somewhere but I don't remember where exactly I got the information. If my memory is correct, it was planned for next June or Summer, 2015. This may be wrong or out of dated since the original post shows that model home opens by June or July 2014. :)

MFWIC said:
gobears said:

What is wrong with Orchid Hills?  I was looking there as well, but I wanted the gated community by the small reservoir/lake on the Irvine side. 

OH neighborhood 3 & 4 look good. Maybe in 2016+?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,10941.msg209631.html#msg209631

Biggest advantage of Eastwood Village will be price compared to OH. Compared with SG, they are mostly similar: flat, mostly IP products, both will have elementary schools, close proximity to trails. EV has two advantages: 1) NW HS boundary 2) No Irvine Apartment Complexes as of yet.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3654.msg65729.html#msg65729

For us, OH has too many active orchards surrounding the developments-- mainly concerns re pesticides (we have young children).  We were mainly interested in the gated side (looking for something over 3,000 sq ft) - Some layouts worked for us, but didn't have 10ft ceilings, so we ruled them out (not sure why Brookfield didn't build 10ft ceilings in their Plan 1...seemed like a lame oversight).  Other layouts with master bedrooms downstairs we just didn't like.  Didn't like the tiny kitchen in some of the Messina homes.  Capella was a joke with the tiny lots and sardine packed neighbors... the homes seemed so tightly packed together, really lacked any sort of "luxury" feel.

gobears said:
For us, OH has too many active orchards surrounding the developments-- mainly concerns re pesticides (we have young children).  We were mainly interested in the gated side (looking for something over 3,000 sq ft) - Some layouts worked for us, but didn't have 10ft ceilings, so we ruled them out (not sure why Brookfield didn't build 10ft ceilings in their Plan 1...seemed like a lame oversight).  Other layouts with master bedrooms downstairs we just didn't like.  Didn't like the tiny kitchen in some of the Messina homes.  Capella was a joke with the tiny lots and sardine packed neighbors... the homes seemed so tightly packed together, really lacked any sort of "luxury" feel.
I didn't even realize La Vita plan 1 didn't have 10 ft ceilings, but thinking about it now, the ceilings did feel low.  Tiny kitchens in Messina?  They don't seem tiny to me.  Do you mean tiny kitchen/great room combo cuz of the separated formal dining area?  Capella is what it is, the most affordable way to get behind the gate.  But yeah, the small lots would be a deal breaker for me too.

Been looking at Pavilion Park and none that I seen were 10ft ceilings.  At first it really bothered me, but then I thought of the long term aspect.  Changing out light bulbs would be slightly more time consuming, heating and cooling will be slightly more expensive.  At the end money talks for me.

OCgasman said:
I didn't even realize La Vita plan 1 didn't have 10 ft ceilings, but thinking about it now, the ceilings did feel low.  Tiny kitchens in Messina?  They don't seem tiny to me.  Do you mean tiny kitchen/great room combo cuz of the separated formal dining area?  Capella is what it is, the most affordable way to get behind the gate.  But yeah, the small lots would be a deal breaker for me too.

I was hooked on Messina Plan 3, but gobears is right about the kitchen.  For the size of the house, the kitchen is rather on the smaller side.  Especially Plan 3.  I was trying to justify it and I couldn't make it work.  Sales lady was saying I could add a dinner table between the sliding glass door and island which was ridiculous. 

As for Capella, way too expensive for the size.  After learning how much these lots cost for the builder, I feel the prices are fair. 

Is it me or is there a correction coming very soon?  Been reading reports of other markets out of state are starting to decline.  When I talk with the sales person at the developments, they all had something to offer that was a deal.  They are building houses that were not sold and had to guess which options will sell best by looking at their recent history. 

BTW
Harmony just sold out yesterday at Pavilion Park, last model home Plan 3 (3,770 sqft) for 1.77M at 2:45pm.

MFWIC said:
gobears said:

I might be drinking the avocado flavored kool-aid, but I really like the Groves.
It's totally personal preference, but Capella location, home designs at community work better for us than the alternatives.
The yard size wasn't as big of a hang up for us as some other posters here.
In fact, since we don't spend much time in the yard, I'm happy to not have the installation and maintenance costs.
Give me space for a BBQ and maybe a fountain and I'm content.

It looks like future Groves neighborhoods will have additional pools/parks, so we won't have OS' 45 parks and pools, but there should be a couple more and fewer people using them. 

ob1 said:
It looks like future Groves neighborhoods will have additional pools/parks, so we won't have OS' 45 parks and pools, but there should be a couple more and fewer people using them.

So far from what I've seen on the plans, I couldn't make out any more additional pools/parks.  It looks like they will be adding a lot more houses, that is the reason why I shied away from the Groves.

MFWIC said:
Been looking at Pavilion Park and none that I seen were 10ft ceilings.
What models did you look at?

If I recall correctly, there were a few of the 1.2m+ ones that had high ceilings (or am I mixing that up with Baker Ranch?).

<WTTCMN signal>

MFWIC said:
ob1 said:

So far from what I've seen on the plans, I couldn't make out any more additional pools/parks.  It looks like they will be adding a lot more houses, that is the reason why I shied away from the Groves.

I saw plans for the area that will branch off Settlers down closer to the 261 had a pool/park.
Unfortunately, I don't have a copy, but some goggle-fu masters here may be able to turn something up.

Back