Eastwood is way over priced

Avalon Apartment Homes.  One model is all upstairs.  The other is all downstairs.  Pay the dues of $125 for Eastwood Village.  Plus the special privilege of paying an additional $152 for being part of Avalon.  $277 total.  That's a car lease payment.

Attachments

• avalon.JPG
    avalon.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
Petaluma is next.  Looks like the big brother of San Mateo but without the nice features of Marigold in CV.  Looks like Plan 2 of San Mateo is now the Plan 1 of Petaluma.  Same old corner cutting by IP.  You would think they learned something about building houses by now.  What they learned is "how to price" their homes and to maximize the money they can get on upgrades.  Plus their ability to use cheaper materials and pawn them off as high-end upgrades.

This model feels a lot like home.

Attachments

• petaluma.JPG
    petaluma.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
Here are price sheets, HOA and property tax info for all three models toured today.

Attachments

• Avalon Pricing.pdf
    697 KB · Views: 181
  • Marin pricing.pdf
    945.8 KB · Views: 278
  • Petaluma Pricing.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
Of course the tip is to always visit the homes in reverse order so you don't see the same people with bad breath or their kids.  I got a nose bleed when I when into Marin.  Either from the corndogs or the high prices vs what you get.  Not to worry, it happened outside after the first model I looked at.  Most people were tricked into thinking this model had 2 master bedrooms.  One on the bottom and one on the second floor.  The one on the first floor is just a room with bathroom connected.  The true master is the one on the top with the bathroom and walk in closet.  The upgrade potential would make IP salivate.  "We will increase the price 75K, it will sell quicker!"

Attachments

• marin1.JPG
    marin1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 208
  • marin2.JPG
    marin2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 214
Homesite 5 is residence one, next phase homesite 42 is $773k, so it's slightly cheaper...

snut100 said:
Petaluma is next.  Looks like the big brother of San Mateo but without the nice features of Marigold in CV.  Looks like Plan 2 of San Mateo is now the Plan 1 of Petaluma.  Same old corner cutting by IP.  You would think they learned something about building houses by now.  What they learned is "how to price" their homes and to maximize the money they can get on upgrades.  Plus their ability to use cheaper materials and pawn them off as high-end upgrades.

The dreaded "4" is evident in many of the phase one addresses. Guess IP thinks their products trump superstition.

I find it interesting that this is the strategy for all new construction.  Stick to some price and all the subsequent phases have similar pricing.  No incentive to being first on a list.

MagicJ1zz said:
AW said:
Homesite 5 is residence one, next phase homesite 42 is $773k, so it's slightly cheaper...

$7,372 difference, nothing to write home about.  They need to bring residence one down to ~$720k which will put it at a fair $427 sq.ft.  Still a bit high but they can still profit by selling upgrades for those who want it.  For those who don't want it, we can hire our Chinese guys in San Gabriel to come and tear out the shitty kitchen and re-do it for $10 grand.

I gotta give it to TIC though.  They KNOW how to market this shit and people will come.  I guess dumber people will throw money at it.  Look at what happened to many Woodbury owners in 2006/7...

Like I said in another thread - the last two sold San Mateo Plan 1 were at $785K and $789K. $720K just doesn't represent a "fair" price - sorry to be the bearer on bad news....

Just tell the in laws if they don't choke up more money you have to teach their grand kids to lie about where they live and you may end up in jail and embarrass them and their daughter

MagicJ1zz said:
AW said:

$7,372 difference, nothing to write home about.  They need to bring residence one down to ~$720k which will put it at a fair $427 sq.ft.  Still a bit high but they can still profit by selling upgrades for those who want it.  For those who don't want it, we can hire our Chinese guys in San Gabriel to come and tear out the shitty kitchen and re-do it for $10 grand.

I gotta give it to TIC though.  They KNOW how to market this shit and people will come.  I guess dumber people will throw money at it.  Look at what happened to many Woodbury owners in 2006/7...
$7k discount, double that amount with an agent, not going to get you to $720k tho... Well, there's always resales...

Irvine Fanatic said:
snut100 said:

The dreaded "4" is evident in many of the phase one addresses. Guess IP thinks their products trump superstition.

You are a marketing genius! Homesites and addresses without "4" will now be sold by IP for an extra 10k, for another 10k, you can upgrade to an "8" in the address. For 12k, IP will guarantee that your "8" will not have a 5 before it and a coupon for 20% off feng shui consultation.

Just like my IP rep said during San Mateo phase, we use magic wood that prevents termites. That's why we don't treat the wood before it goes into your frame. Mold resistant too because we will work over wet wood before it dries to meet closing.

MagicJ1zz said:
Went back to check it out at 4pm and the HYPE was still there.  ASIAN INFESTATION. (east and west Asians)  We were mostly interested at Petaluma.  Very disappointed that the price is just too absurdly high, and they're forcing you to buy upgrades for release one. 

I calculated $11,207 for Homesite 5 property tax is just absurd as well.  Damn those MR.

There were so many Asians, I thought I was in the 626 area. The models were packed. There was a kid area with a water paint cartoon page. The parking for me was okay, since I parked on the street near the entrance. I had like a 5 min walk. (I didn't have to take the shuttle)

Did anybody else see the Fire truck come inside the Eastwood Village model home area?

Yeah, I parked super close too, went all the way around just to see if there were views on the north side (tall eucalyptus trees would block it), and actually wanted to leave the area, but found parking right at the drop off area. 
Lines were too long on the freebie foods, so I passed.
Avalon has phase 4 pricing already,..

Back