Eastwood is way over priced

Cornflakes said:
What I have observed is that most of the time the w2 earners who can afford $1M+ homes are at an age where their kids are off to colleges.
Just based on some of the buyers/comments on TI, I actually think it's more the opposite.

Seems like there are many buyers with young kids (Pre/Elem/Middle) who are buying $1m+ homes.

And quite honestly, if you have a family of 4-5, $1m+ homes (in Irvine) are probably the size/space you will need.

But to go with the topic of this thread, Eastwood... and Irvine as a whole is overpriced.

Some person I spoke to wants to buy here but can't buy new because the MRs puts them out of a certain price range and as a single income household, it's hard for them to find an SFR in the bedroom count they want below $900k.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that new SFRs (with driveways) were < $800k?

irvinehomeowner said:
Wasn't it just a few years ago that new SFRs (with driveways) were < $800k?

Mid $600k in 2011 for Las Ventanas in PS!!

Check out this Grand Opening Ad:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1285.msg18551.html#msg18551

Las_Ventanas_presale_flyer.jpg

ChasingRainbows said:
eyephone said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Petaluma vs. Jasmine kitchen comparison.  :(
Photo of Jasmine kitchen from IP site. Photo of Petaluma from Irvinetabby.

I don't like the exhaust fan cord hanging out. Couldn't they pick another exhaust fan to hide the cord?

Is the exhaust fan missing the vertical piece that covers up the duct?

At the grand opening I saw they put the vertical piece that covers the duct.

One thing I have to say, is the kitchen cabinets looks relatively small at Peteluma.

Stonegate's Saratoga and San Mateo plans are very similar to Petaluma's. In 2012 they sold for what, 650-700k? These homes have gone up 150k, and that's what Petaluma is priced at.

acf said:
Stonegate's Saratoga and San Mateo plans are very similar to Petaluma's. In 2012 they sold for what, 650-700k? These homes have gone up 150k, and that's what Petaluma is priced at.

San Mateo is close to Petaluma and they sold in the low 600Ks when they first opened. 

Saratoga is about 300 to 400 foot bigger (depending on plan) and has an extra bedroom.  Saratoga also has a conservatory option.  Petaluma has an expanded dining room option but I am not sure what the increase of footage is.

Saratoga started at mid-600K/low 700k.

Updated Petuluma sales info - things are slowing down a bit

Attachments

• Petaluma Phase 4.jpg
    Petaluma Phase 4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 324
  • Petaluma Prices.jpg
    Petaluma Prices.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Petuluma Sold.jpg
    Petuluma Sold.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 394
It's strange.
Why so many homes with drive ways left in site map?
Petaluma's price is very reasonable, with a drive way (how much charge? 40K?)will make it more reasonable.

acf said:
I think they may be backed up, but who knows for sure.

frank303 said:
It's strange.
Why so many homes with drive ways left in site map?
Petaluma's price is very reasonable, with a drive way (how much charge? 40K?)will make it more reasonable.

acf said:
I think they may be backed up, but who knows for sure.

I was there last Wednesday and was told all phase 4 was reserved and just waiting for buyer to sign the contract.  There's quite a waiting list for Petaluma right now and actually those home with the driveway are highly sought after.

Those home with the driveway have extra 1000 sq.ft. in lot size, that put these lot around 3500 sq.ft., and that about the size for a Belvedere lot.  Also the setback from the street is about 18', that's probably one of the deepest setback in any of the new builds I seem so far.  Travi in OH does not even has this deep setback from the curve. 

And these home actually get a real front yard and the front landscaping is included. 

Congrats to all those lucky enough to get one of these Petaluma homes.  ;)

Back