Eastwood is way over priced

tentfox said:
Residence one is $476/sq ft and considered "very reasonable"?  :eek:

Yesterday's non reasons become today's reasons. Right now, looking at demand at Eastwood, I think it's safe to say Eastwood is the most sought after community to come around in a long time. And the homes are going FAST.

soyi said:
tentfox said:

Yesterday's non reasons become today's reasons. Right now, looking at demand at Eastwood, I think it's safe to say Eastwood is the most sought after community to come around in a long time. And the homes are going FAST.

Just like I said at the beginning.

tentfox said:

My Ellwood home feels like a steal at these prices and I still feel I paid a lot for my home.  I guess less MR means higher pricing.  It all evens out in the end I guess.

akkord said:
tentfox said:

My Ellwood home feels like a steal at these prices and I still feel I paid a lot for my home.  I guess less MR means higher pricing.  It all evens out in the end I guess.

do you only drink bottled water?

I think the low MR combined with clean land, a great school district and no rental apartments are adding to the desirability. Seems like a great place to raise a family. The community is nicely laid out as well, with the winding roads and unique trees etc.

For the most part our family only drinks bottled water, our hot water pot goes through a Brita filter and then boiled...not sure if that fully cleans the water or not though.

eyephone said:
akkord said:
tentfox said:

do you only drink bottled water?

acf said:
I think the low MR combined with clean land, a great school district and no rental apartments are adding to the desirability. Seems like a great place to raise a family. The community is nicely laid out as well, with the winding roads and unique trees etc.

At almost $500 a sq/ft I hope it's a great place to live.  I'm assuming whoever bought at those prices would also add in their own upgrades in addition to what was pre-plotted, bringing up the price/sq ft even higher than what was calculated in an earlier post.

acf said:

This community does seem very nice and the location is great as it is near shopping and good schools.  We are looking to buy but must buy near the new Portola HS as our oldest will be going there.  The selection of available homes near the new high school is not as good as those in Eastwood, although the price at say, PSIII, seems a little better than Eastwood.

IrvineNinja said:
acf said:

This community does seem very nice and the location is great as it is near shopping and good schools.  We are looking to buy but must buy near the new Portola HS as our oldest will be going there.  The selection near the school is not as good as Eastwood, although the price is much better.

i can't imagine eastwood being that much further away via car than PP/BP or PSIII.... unless eastwood is zoned to northwood? in that case nvm.

capboba said:
IrvineNinja said:
acf said:

This community does seem very nice and the location is great as it is near shopping and good schools.  We are looking to buy but must buy near the new Portola HS as our oldest will be going there.  The selection near the school is not as good as Eastwood, although the price is much better.

i can't imagine eastwood being that much further away via car than PP/BP or PSIII.... unless eastwood is zoned to northwood? in that case nvm.

Wish we had more choices but we need our oldest to bike to school since we have to leave for work pretty early in the morning.  Hence, need to buy closer to the new HS.

acf said:
Eastwood is zoned to Northwood, which many think is a big plus.

I am pretty sure that they are going to open up another HS for Woodbury/Stonegate/Eastwood in about 3-4 years...I think the projections already bear that out.

Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

I am pretty sure that they are going to open up another HS for Woodbury/Stonegate/Eastwood in about 3-4 years...I think the projections already bear that out.

High school number 6 is coming and will most likely be closer to Woodbury / Cypress Village. They will start planning after HS 5 opens.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

High school number 6 is coming and will most likely be closer to Woodbury / Cypress Village. They will start planning after HS 5 opens.

Agreed...Eastwood would get lumped into that.  Northwood will be OH territory.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

Are you speculating or do you know something the others don't?

paydawg said:
iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

Part speculation but the numbers are already out there.  The new high school is already projected to hit 2000 students in a few years...that's without complete build out of BP and GP. 

No way HS 5 is going to be able to handle all of GP, Woodbury, SG, CV, and PS.

paydawg said:
iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

Test has been claiming this for a while.  To me, that piece of land in CVE looks too small to fit a high school, but she claims the parcel is bigger than Irvine High.

WTTCHMN said:
paydawg said:
iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
acf said:

Test has been claiming this for a while.  To me, that piece of land in CVE looks too small to fit a high school, but she claims the parcel is bigger than Irvine High.

Yes, Test has alluded to this in previous posts. You can easily imagine a new rectangular boundary for HS #6 (Jeffrey Rd, 133, I5, and Portola Pkwy).

Here is the 2016-2017 IUSD High School boundaries:

2016HSBoundaries.jpg

acf said:
From this map, it looks like Eastwood is in a prime spot to stay in the Northwood district?

Looks like it.  EW is in the same block as Northwood and most likely it will zoned with Northwood neighborhood. 

The 6th high school still pretty much in the air right now and if EW is might be re-zoned, EW resident can raise hell at hearing just like LA resident did to stay with University High and stay with Northwood High. 

Back