Eastwood is way over priced

Irvine or Bust said:
DrTravel said:
DrTravel said:
Does the price for the single story qualify as a WTF listing?

Look at the site map - residence four (single story) is on the end of a long street. The dreaded T?

Residence one has an address of 114 - the super dreaded death address.

Pricing for residence three:

Phase One
102 Meander Traditional Monterey $1,310,000 (elevation premium but it's a T house)
108 Meander Formal Spanish $1,290,000

Phase Two
112 Meander French $1,252,000
118 Meander Santa Barbara $1,244,000

All lots the same size with no upgrades yet. Looks like a price drop to my untrained eye.

Spoke with the ladies over at Belvedere today and asked them about the pricing. They told me marketing made a mistake and that printed Phase 1 prices for Plan 3 were $50K too high but they fixed the problem prior to writing any contracts!? They were suppose to be $1,260,000 and $1,240,000. So then Phase 2 prices for Plan 3 increased $4k from Phase 1 - the exact same increase found for Plans 1 and 2.

Marketing made a mistake? I highly doubt that. Published pricing sheet is a pretty big deal. They lowered the price without admitting.

I don't know, but I'm just guessing. Doesn't someone have to sign off on the price sheet before it's released?

Irvine or Bust said:
Marketing made a mistake? I highly doubt that. Published pricing sheet is a pretty big deal. They lowered the price without admitting.

zubs said:
A marketing mistake is truthful.  Marketing thought adding $50,000 to the homes would maximize profit.  After they re-calculated, they realized they were wrong.  Now selling it at -$50,000 will maximize profits.

I was on the pre-qual list so they sent me prices before general release. When I first saw the Plan 3 pricing they just seemed out of wack. Plans 1 & 2 were 1.1 million but then Plan 3 was 1.3! Not usually that big of a price jump. The price per square foot for Plan 3 was higher than Plan 2 - almost always the other way around. But then again they had three Plan 3s (out of six total) listed on their price sheet and I knew that Plan 3 at Strada was by far the most desired plan plus IP marketing is pretty shrewd and they had three separate Plan 3s listed. The prices were put up on Redfin, distributed to all pre-qualifiers via pdf, and printed copies distributed at the grand opening. I even mentioned to sales that their Plan 3 pricing was a WTF but they said nothing. Went to the public grand opening and they sold everything except two Plan 3s. No mention of any error yet. Really IP? If this was an error NO ONE caught it yet!?

Got the phase 2 prices and noticed the price drop - no mention that phase 1 prices were revised downward. If they were don't you think an e-mail would have gone out to all on the priority list members as an enticement to sell out phase 1 prior to the public grand opening? Went to visit and saw that three Plan 3s were available (including the 2 previously from phase 1) but nothing else. Mentioned the price differential between phase 1 and 2, got a "strange look" from them before they informed me about the marketing mistake - this is what it took to find out? Combined with my previous comments about trying to determine rear yard sizes - they ain't trustful.

Makes for an interesting story, but IP unsuccessfully tried to cover their back sides.

eyephone said:
I don't know, but I'm just guessing. Doesn't someone have to sign off on the price sheet before it's released?

Excellent point. This is definitely a SNAFU and some heads should roll, but who? The person(s) who came up with the prices or those who typed in the supposedly incorrect prices.   

My advice to Eastwood buyers, get the largest size trashcan offered by WM to accommodate both your trash and your FCB neighbors' trash as well.

Happiness said:
My advice to Eastwood buyers, get the largest size trashcan offered by WM to accommodate both your trash and your FCB neighbors' trash as well.
L O L
And go to the pool at your own risk. Strange brown looking rocks are in the pool...

AW said:
Happiness said:
L O L
And go to the pool at your own risk. Strange brown looking rocks are in the pool...

Overheard these comments at the pool yesterday (although my mandarin may be a little off):

"I had to drop a SHIT load of Yuan to buy here - can't I show my appreciation with a little deposit in the pools?"

"I'll spend $1.1 million for an IP box house but $44 for trash pickup? That's where I draw the line!"

"IP has been kissing my ass and feet to buy. What do you mean I can't put my uncleansed feet in the pool or use their water to spruce up a little?" 

DrTravel said:
AW said:
Happiness said:
L O L

Overheard these comments at the pool yesterday (although my mandarin may be a little off):

"I had to drop a SHIT load of Yuan to buy here - can't I show my appreciation with a little deposit in the pools?"

"I'll spend $1.1 million for an IP box house but $44 for trash pickup? That's where I draw the line!"

"IP has been kissing my ass and feet to buy. What do you mean I can't put my uncleansed feet in the pool or use their water to spruce up a little?"

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. I sure hope it is.

This whole situation makes me said...I live in Stonegate and everyone seems pretty civil.  I don't hang at the pool area a lot but the times that I am there, everyone seems to be respectful.

Actually, the problem I have are with pre-teen kids who take over the pool and are there without adult supervision.  Makes it hard to swim with my kids.

Perspective said:
DrTravel said:
AW said:
Happiness said:
L O L

Attorneys can be so myopic that they can't read between the lines.

WTTCHMN said:
Perspective said:
DrTravel said:
AW said:
Happiness said:
L O L

Attorneys can be so myopic that they can't read between the lines.

I witness crazy things every day living and working in Irvine. It's not so easy to identify sarcasm.

zubs said:
You should just let people think what they want.  It's funnier that way.

One of the most sensible posts I've seen and thank you worthy - you are absolutely correct and congratulations on your 1000th post! You are a Certified Irvine Addict.

One of my buddies from Chicago (my home town) read my post and thought I hadn't gone far enough. Guess I'm getting soft in my old age....

RBBsWFE.jpg

A kitchen sink view from an Eastwood model home. 

Why people are paying so much maybe because the total effective tax rate is about 1.4% for Eastwood which is a less than the almost 2% in other communities.  I went to Eastwood this week and most had sold out models.  One didn't have a model available until Oct.  I wouldn't be surprised if they raised prices even more from where they're at now. 

The new home smell is a hell of a drug.  haha  But in all seriousness, one of the main reasons why these new homes are selling so well is because resale inventory is low (even seasonally adjusted) at less than 2.5 months of inventory.  The main reason why prices aren't doing the same thing they did in 2013 is that we have more new home inventory to soak up a good bit of buyer demand.  Remember, the number of month of resale inventory is a good present/forward indicator of the health of the real estate market.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The new home smell is a hell of a drug.  haha  But in all seriousness, one of the main reasons why these new homes are selling so well is because resale inventory is low (even seasonally adjusted) at less than 2.5 months of inventory.  The main reason why prices aren't doing the same thing they did in 2013 is that we have more new home inventory to soak up a good bit of buyer demand.  Remember, the number of month of resale inventory is a good present/forward indicator of the health of the real estate market.

Also, the Ability to Repay rules from Dodd-Frank require borrowers qualify for the real housing payment based on their real provable income. But for this regulation, creditors would likely stretch their lending guidelines to enable speculators and fearful buyers to buy "more house" than they can reasonably afford.
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/regu...-under-the-truth-in-lending-act-regulation-z/

No, what's across the street from Eastwood is Trailer Park Estates
Curious as to why you are calling it Trailer Park....could it be bc of this?

Back