Eastwood is way over priced

bones said:
DrTravel said:
Here's Piedmont's pricing

Jesus, I blink for a second and a tiny 2000 SF house is now over $1M?  $480/psf and I still gotta do flooring, bath upgrades, landscaping, windows, etc...

Just for an excercise, pulled up the home site 60 upgrades offered.

Homesite 60
? Upgraded Quartz Countertops in Master bath, Bath 4 and Kitchen with Decorative Full Backsplash in Kitchen in ?Mystic Color Scheme?
? Upgraded Interior Paint in ?Grey Ghost?
? Upgraded Pot & Pan Drawers in Kitchen
? Pre-Wire for Pendant Light over Kitchen Island with Dimmer Switch
? Custom Framed Mirror in Master Bath and  at Bath 3
? Recessed Light Package ? LED High Efficiency Lights in all bedrooms
? Flat Screen Pre-Wire in Master Bedroom
? Hollow Core Privacy Door at Master Bedroom/Bathroom
? Upgraded Frameless Master Bath Shower Enclosure
? Additional Whole House Insulation
? Upgraded California Room

My estimate for everything except CA room is at $15000 in upgrades. Add another 10k for CA room (Don't know what kind of upgrades they might have). There is no way more than 25K worth of upgrades in homesite 60.

AW said:
That has to come with some nice upgrades... Because walk across the street to Palo Alto, price per sq ft difference is big
Maybe this was TIC's plan. Post this, scare me, so I finally go over and put a deposit down on @ Palo Alto. 

Comparing closer plans,
Palo Alto starts at 1.2m for 3k sq ft plan 1
Belvedere starts at $1.3m for 2.9k sq ft plan 3

Received this e-mail from Irvine Pacific

The Belvedere Team is excited to share the base pricing information!  The base pricing does not include the exterior premiums or location premiums.

Plan 1 = $1,110,000
Plan 2 = $1,161,000
Plan 3 = $1,290,000
Plan 3X = $1,311,000
Plan 4 =  first plan 4 is in phase 2 price TBD

We are anticipating 6 homes in phase 1:
1= plan 1
2= plan 2
2= plan 3
1= plan 3X

The prices Really don't make sense. Since Eastwood is a crammed "half-size" community, it has very little amenities compared to other places like Woodbury or OH, even Stonegate. Why are the prices so high?

Is Eastwood guard gated?

Did an earthquake elevate that area between Irvine Blvd and Jeffrey?

Is there a lake? Did they build a Trader Joes and Whole Foods next to each home?

I don't see where the premium is coming from.

acf said:
The prices Really don't make sense. Since Eastwood is a crammed "half-size" community, it has very little amenities compared to other places like Woodbury or OH, even Stonegate. Why are the prices so high?

It's like a tech stock high valuation as the price per sq ft is high lol
But the premium is the location and non toxic area?

irvinehomeowner said:
Is Eastwood guard gated?

Did an earthquake elevate that area between Irvine Blvd and Jeffrey?

Is there a lake? Did they build a Trader Joes and Whole Foods next to each home?

I don't see where the premium is coming from.

Now, common, common.  Don't you now go underestimate the high priced TIC market researchers.  They obviously know something that you don't..... until of course you find out later they were clueless and were trying to just come up with scenarios that would justify the existence of their jobs.

Premium as someone mentioned, it's next to the mobile home estates, who knew that it boosts property value

They must've been flooded with prequals?

AW said:
Premium as someone mentioned, it's next to the mobile home estates, who knew that it boosts property value
The price setter was told that Eastwood is next to The Groves, and they assumed Orchard Hills or Lambert Ranch.

I think Eastwood prices are reasonable.  It has similar floor plans to CV but the development is smaller and is in a much better location (next to OH, no pollution from nearby freeways, and direct access to the nicest sections of the JOST which is far more useful for the typical family than the GP which is geared towards team sports).  There is no toxic land, jails, or cemeteries like the similarly priced BP.  This is the best 2,500ish sq ft new homes now available in Irvine.

Happiness said:
I think Eastwood prices are reasonable.  It has similar floor plans to CV but the development is smaller and is in a much better location (next to OH, no pollution from nearby freeways, and direct access to the nicest sections of the JOST which is far more useful for the typical family than the GP which is geared towards team sports).  There is no toxic land, jails, or cemeteries like the similarly priced BP.  This is the best 2,500ish sq ft new homes now available in Irvine.

Walk across the street to Palo Alto and la fayette, prices there are much more reasonable.
Until they see this thread and jacking up the prices, haha.. Eh, jokes on me, that's not funny...

Eastwood is built on former nursery? Call this the Fruit premium then. You can grow all kinds of fruit trees in your backyard and not worry about it.

ChasingRainbows said:
Eastwood is built on former nursery? Call this the Fruit premium then. You can grow all kinds of fruit trees in your backyard and not worry about it.
Waiting for hello to post a website that tells about the dangers of the chemicals they used at nurseries.

ChasingRainbows said:

Oh wait, doesn't that come with soil laced with those harmful pesticides over the years?  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Waiting for hello to post a website that tells about the dangers of the chemicals they used at nurseries.
You beat me to it. :)

AW said:

They must've been flooded with prequals?

I don't see the upside for Eastwood.  It's across from a mobile home park, which is next to a public storage.  On the other side, it neighbors old townhouses or are those apartments?  OH is way more premium with character and personally I would prefer to sit higher up than on a flat piece of land.  IUSD versus TUSD...people are really splitting hairs.  With that said, still going to visit this weekend.  ;)

Back