Eastwood is way over priced

I guess it depends on the height of the ceiling. The gap between cabinet and ceiling was a feature of some Woodbury plans.  It certain creates a breeding ground for dust bunnies.

Interesting that IP is the sole builder of Eastwood.

They are for short people...... lol!

We have TALL cabinets that are set back over the kitchen counters and even the bottom shelf is not that convenient to get to. I always wonder how short people would be able to use them.

Y'all are looking at it all wrong.
That space is a hoarders dream, look at how much space you can put extra Costco sized paper towels, cup o noodles, cans, drinks, old newspaper...

AW said:
That space is a hoarders dream, look at how much space you can put extra Costco sized paper towels, cup o noodles, cans, drinks, old newspaper...

Isn't it quite common to put decorative greens or other things like that?  I have a section in my house with a small gap.. but not sure what to put as the vines seem to be a thing of the 90s.

af6b8e711aa1cacf8e12c7c7320adb83.jpg

I actually thought a lot of builders still had that GAP? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.  I know at Strada they were included to the ceiling but I thought for like Toll Brothers and other builders it was an option. Maybe I need to pay closer attention.  My current house definitely has the gap. 

jmoney74 said:
AW said:

Isn't it quite common to put decorative greens or other things like that?  I have a section in my house with a small gap.. but not sure what to put as the vines seem to be a thing of the 90s.

Not much utilization with a small gap, but with that large gap, you can stack diaper boxes! 

As much as I try to be an optimist, there's not much that can be said about the exposed wire on top of the range/vent.  It's like they rushed to finish the models but forgot something.

I have a small gap and I use fake wheatgrass here in multiple places.  Looks better, more modern and not as messy.

aquabliss said:
I have a small gap and I use fake wheatgrass here in multiple places.  Looks better, more modern and not as messy.

pics or I don't believe you

On the real though.. can you post pics?  I want some ideas. 

Anyone notice they removed cell tower on encore? I didn't see it when driving by the other day. I'm sure it will be back up once all the homes are sold. Pretty shady if you ask me.

AW said:
jmoney74 said:
AW said:

Not much utilization with a small gap, but with that large gap, you can stack diaper boxes! 

As much as I try to be an optimist, there's not much that can be said about the exposed wire on top of the range/vent.  It's like they rushed to finish the models but forgot something.
Yeah...I'm guessing the models aren't quite finished and that if you went this week, that would be corrected. If not, well, than LOL is all I can say. 

fishfinder333 said:
Anyone notice they removed cell tower on encore? I didn't see it when driving by the other day. I'm sure it will be back up once all the homes are sold. Pretty shady if you ask me.

I much rather have a cell phone tower...reception is terrible in Stonegate and Woodbury.

The future is having wifi towers all over... Eliminating cables

fishfinder333 said:

Yup, saw it this weekend.

jmoney74 said:
AW said:

It's not the placement of the cabinets - they really are much shorter. You can see it just by comparing them with jmoney74's picture. With full-sized cabinets, yes there will still be a bit of a gap, but not nearly as big. What IP used to do to fill that much smaller gap, was to have additional molding on the cabinets so they meet the ceiling. Looks built-in and very nice.

These cabinets are very short. In fact they are not even the standard size you can get at HD or cheap Chinese places. There are two dividers in each upper cabinet, giving it the standard 3 "slots"? And each "slot" is barely tall enough to hold a few plates... So yeah, gap, I don't mind as much. Tiny, non-standard sized cabinets? That's another story....

My overall impression of the homes is that they look cheap. Jasmine gave me the Wow feel when I walked in. These look very mediocre.

irvinetabby said:
jmoney74 said:
AW said:

It's not the placement of the cabinets - they really are much shorter. With full-sized cabinets, yes there will still be a bit of a gap, but not nearly as big. What IP used to do to fill that much smaller gap, was to have additional molding on the cabinets so they meet the ceiling. Looks built-in and very nice.

These cabinets are very short. In fact they are not even the standard size you can get at HD or cheap Chinese places. There are two dividers in each upper cabinet, giving it the standard 3 "slots"? And each "slot" is barely tall enough to hold a few plates...

My overall impression of the homes is that they look cheap. Jasmine gave me the Wow feel when I walked in. These look very mediocre.

So are you going to pass or buy?

Bullsback said:
I actually thought a lot of builders still had that GAP? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.  I know at Strada they were included to the ceiling but I thought for like Toll Brothers and other builders it was an option. Maybe I need to pay closer attention.  My current house definitely has the gap.

I know for a fact that this is an option with Toll Brothers.  When I was looking at Toll houses a year ago, taking the cabinets to the ceiling was an option.

These homes are horrible.  Small lots, super expensive and now finding these cheap looking materials used?!?!?!?!  WTF?!?!  definite pass... 

Back