Downtown of OC

<p>ns2524, if the owner of this not-public blog had an issue with bk's posts, they wouldn't have dedicated a section to them. </p>

<p>But thanks for finally coming out of the closet and admitting that "truth" isn't the guiding force in your intellectual endeavors and censorship is in fact your motivation. Admitting that you don't disagree with what he says, but that he's saying it at all confirms that your primary concern isn't based on freedom from oppression and racial equality, it's based on your own personal and questionable morality. Personally, I don't care what you think should or shouldn't be allowed. Fortunately, the First Amendment guarantees that <strong>you</strong> don't get to decide what is okay to say, print, or broadcast. And now that you've admitted you got absolutely nothing to say that is worth my time, I'll make sure I don't bother reading it.</p>

<p>Maybe you should try that sometime.</p>

it's not like he's just posting random yo mama jokes completely out of context. if homebuilders, strip developers, retailers, urban planners, and the irvine company all acknowledge and care about these things when developing the communities we live in, then its completely relevant to this forum.

To me bkshopr plays the role of a "translator" to non-Asians like myself, After reading his posts and other Asians commenting here, I understand better why, for example, this old couple walking down the street usually doesn't smile or say hi, it well could be a language barrier or being afraid of starting a conversation and not having words for that, I was not aware of that.

One topic that I'd like to hear from him is non-verbal communication of Asians, when I "read" the body language, face expressions and non-verbal communication of Asians and I try to translate that to what it means in my own culture, usually I get the wrong impression, and I'm off to start with the wrong foot. I can easily think that they are upset for something.

On the other hand, I have anecdotal evidence of their flexibility, they are not very flexible when negotiating with them: last minute changes, or add this, or eliminate that (I see this at the office).

rocker, if you are white, black, hispanic, middle-eastern, native american, eastern european, or from the various islands of the caribbean, then asian people will be afraid of you. if you see an asian couple frowning at you and muttering to each other in their native language, be sure to quickly note what the asian man is wearing. if he is wearing black, he is likely a member of the yakuza, a.k.a. the japanese mafia, a.k.a. the poison fists of the pacific. run away as there is a high probability you will not survive the encounter. if he is wearing white, he is likely harmless but probably doesn't like you anyway. any other colors indicate membership in various other tribal factions, most of which are peaceful.

<p>I just can't believe this. Look, most of my Asian friends are short and eat rice. What is so wrong with this? </p>

<p>Yes, sure. There are a few tall Asians. But in my life, most are short and most do eat rice. But that is my life encounters. Should you have statistics that say most Asians are tall and don't eat rice. Please present the numbers. </p>

<p>I apologize to you for basing my comment based on my everyday life observation. </p>

<p>My old high school in Garden Grove used to hold a 5ft 6 and under basketball league. Could that basketball league be sued for racism, or be called a racist league?</p>

And while I'm thinking about it bk, is anyone even <em>considering</em> doing anything with the gorgeous buildings on Broadway in downtown L.A. ? Gosh, they're beautiful.

Frankly, I'd like to know when "short" became an insult, 'cause I'm short. If I'm supposed to feel bad about this purported flaw, I'd like to know.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism#Legal_definition">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism#Legal_definition</a>

Legal definition

According to UN International Conventions, "the term "racial discrimination" shall mean <strong>any</strong> distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

<p>So BK hits half the definition. Unfortunately, this isn't horseshoes. Please explain how BK's comments "ha[ve] the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life." That second half is a critical limiting part of the definition.</p>

<p>As I indicated earlier, it appears to me that his work makes homes, communities, products, etc. <em>inclusive</em> and not <em>exclusive.</em></p>

<p>Did I miss something? I don't want to speak for Bk. But I seriously think he was just researching for what Asians prefer with regards to cars, homes, shopping centers, etc. </p>

<p>And if in his findings, certain things are associated with Asians. Then he points that out. Whether it's to our liking or not. It's what he have found.</p>

<p>Nevermind, I will stop explaining.</p>

Back