Dow?

My spidey senses are saying the same thing.  I thought I would buy some puts on TSLA on Friday.  Stock near $900, I figure I would get some $600 puts for mere pennies.  They were going for $4!  Too rich for me, though I suspect I'll regret it.  Lots of people expecting it to crash.  So far a losing trade, but I bet Michael Burry comes out OK in the end.

morekaos said:
Not before we see at least one 10%+ pullback... I think sooner rather than later.

With interest rates at 0%, I'm not sure when we will get a correction. Especially when the stocks that had massive gains are surpassing WS expectations and guiding higher too.

sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
Not before we see at least one 10%+ pullback... I think sooner rather than later.

With interest rates at 0%, I'm not sure when we will get a correction. Especially when the stocks that had massive gains are surpassing WS expectations and guiding higher too.

We'll have occasional pullbacks here and there to shake out the weak longs but as long as the FED has the full pedal to the metal on the printing press it's onward and upward.

The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.
[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing[/url]

morekaos said:
The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.
[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing[/url]
I wouldn?t let the 10-13 stocks like GME/AMC to say the market is high. In the end, interest rates at 0% and earnings being surpassed will justify the higher valuations. The tech names are nowhere near dot com levels as well.

morekaos said:
Have fun buying useless, doomed, today?s ?shiny object? SPAC?s. Sheep get slaughtered. ;D ;D ;D >:D

This party is ending....

SPAC transactions come to a halt amid SEC crackdown, cooling retail investor interest

After a record of 109 new SPAC deals in March alone, issuance has now come to almost a standstill with just 10 SPACs in April, according to data from SPAC Research.
The SEC issued accounting guidance that would classify SPAC warrants as liabilities instead of equity instruments.
Bank of America?s client flows showed that retail SPAC buying slowed down significantly.
The proprietary CNBC SPAC Post Deal Index has wiped out 2021 gains and fallen more than 20% year-to-date.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/spac-transactions-come-to-a-halt-amid-sec-crackdown-cooling-retail-investor-interest.html

zubs said:
Mety said:
morekaos said:
Eye wants to discuss chicken...as for your question...nope.

Thanks for your honest answer!

But why not?

Bought AVGO @ $178 right before ex dividend date.  Sold it at $195 a few days later and got the dividend.  I  thought I'd get back in when it went down again.
How much is it today? $314.  Hell yeah...I'm dumb.

This is funny...AVGO is gonna pop tomorrow....Luckly I bought back in like a few months back...LOL..
Should have kept this stock back in 2020.

zubs said:
zubs said:
Mety said:
morekaos said:
Eye wants to discuss chicken...as for your question...nope.

Thanks for your honest answer!

But why not?

Bought AVGO @ $178 right before ex dividend date.  Sold it at $195 a few days later and got the dividend.  I  thought I'd get back in when it went down again.
How much is it today? $314.  Hell yeah...I'm dumb.

This is funny...AVGO is gonna pop tomorrow....Luckly I bought back in like a few months back...LOL..
Should have kept this stock back in 2020.

Great earnings, great outlook, dividend increased from $3.60 to $4.10, and $10B in stock buyback in 2022. What's not to like?  ;D

prob gonna be a good buying opportunity for long term investors if markets tank tomorrow and also when fed talks on wednesday

sleepy5136 said:
prob gonna be a good buying opportunity for long term investors if markets tank tomorrow and also when fed talks on wednesday
Yup buying before the fed talk got a nice bounce. Let?s see if markets rally to year end

Compressed-Village said:
Santa Rally NOT. I think we are facing a serious down turn and recession is imminent.

I?m ready for a good recession, feels like we haven?t had one in forever and I?d kinda like to just get it over with.

aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:
Santa Rally NOT. I think we are facing a serious down turn and recession is imminent.

I?m ready for a good recession, feels like we haven?t had one in forever and I?d kinda like to just get it over with.

I think it will be much longer than the last covid crash. How about several years?

I know I sound optimistic.

we had a recession in March 2020? recessions happen generally every 8 years. It?s funny how the markets freak out about Omnicron and not delta back in august.

sleepy5136 said:
we had a recession in March 2020? recessions happen generally every 8 years. It?s funny how the markets freak out about Omnicron and not delta back in august.

That was propped up by lots of stimulus money and lowered interest rates without inflation. Maybe the fed decides to let inflation run and keeps buying bonds and holds off on interest rate increases. Maybe if things really get going we'll get another eviction moratorium.

No one really knows what will happen but we could end up with a double dip recession.

Even Biden doesn't know what to say. He's set to tell us something important tomorrow. If it was that important why not tell us the day he announced it, not three days later? Hmmm...... Me thinks he doesn't know what he's gonna say. Someone has to write that out after thinking a long time, then he's got to practice it so he doesn't flub it up. If he's smart it's a pre-recorded (edited a few times) speech in which he takes no questions after all his practice sessions.

Back