Dow?

every time I see this I want to pull my $ out and sit on the sidelines but timing the re-entry point is so difficult. 

I did this after a week or 2 of losses in  early 2014 and waited for a re-entry point for months then finally just said 'screw it' and bought back in on some random day.

ps9 said:
lnc said:
ps9 said:
Just set a buy limit ($110).  I have a feeling it's gonna get emotional at opening bell and we may see some big dips before closing bell
AAPL dropped below $111 and heading toward $110. 

Time to get in.
$109!  Doh, missed it, got back in at $115 yesterday

What happen man!

When I saw your AAPL $110 limit buy order few week back, I thought it was just a wishfully thinking and don't think it could drop that low.

When AAPL rush toward $110 this morning, I was thinking that PS9's a genius.  Who needs Qwerty when we got a new stock market prodigy. :)

Again, this is a traders dream but investors frustrating nightmare. For all the hoopla the Dow is down 1.7% and the S and P is up 1.9% year to date...so what?  This is a nice intermediate term basing pattern and when it breaks out....it will be off to the races.  This is a classic positioning market.  Buy opportunistically and be patient, you will do well over time.

ps9 said:
aquabliss said:
ps9 said:
What if it's a 3 day dip?

Then buy on the 3rd day instead.... :)

Isn't tomorrow one of your 401k days?

Ya, good memory.  That theory didn't pan out last month but I'm keeping track and if I get long term data that suggests over 50% of the days are upshots, it's worth playing.

Of course in the end this could all be considered roulette and not market manipulation by unknown forces.

So I guess your buy in is tomorrow then? :)

@eyephone, nope did not buy DIS at $106, gonna wait a little bit more

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
ps9 said:
Which would you buy:  DIS, GILD, or TSLA?

Btw Did you buy Disney?

butting in.. but I'm looking to add on to Disney in the 90s.

Buying Disney and Apple on my kid's custodial account .. If it makes money, she can use the earning to buy their stuff.  If it does not, she will know why she has less money and would probably boycott both products  :p

Back