Dow?

All Asia's stock index are down significantly.

DOW future are down more than -300.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting. >:D

lnc said:
All Asia's stock index are down significantly.

DOW future are down more than -300.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting. >:D

Shanghai Index slammed by 9%!!  Dow Futures Now Down 490pt!! oh wow.  Some fear in the market now.  Tomorrow definitely will be very interesting and volatile especially in the opening hours.  Bye bye Fed hike in Sep.

So what is it now, about 40% down from the peak? 
Good thing no ones 401k even touches that index...

Sure just a correction, that's what I keep telling myself.  88% cash position, when do I jump back in?

Oddly enough this is somewhat a sigh of relief.  Everyone knew this correction was coming - just let it do it's thing and work itself out and we can get back on track.  Sure, it may take some time to get back to the levels of 2 weeks ago, but just keep dollar cost averaging during the correction and you'll be fine in  the long run. 

aquabliss said:
Oddly enough this is somewhat a sigh of relief.  Everyone knew this correction was coming - just let it do it's thing and work itself out and we can get back on track.  Sure, it may take some time to get back to the levels of 2 weeks ago, but just keep dollar cost averaging during the correction and you'll be fine in  the long run.

Good thing I'm not retiring soon. This Chinese crash ain't no joke.

I suppose if China wants to cash in all the US debt they bought, then the world economy will collapse. 

aquabliss said:
I suppose if China wants to cash in all the US debt they bought, then the world economy will collapse.

Dont think they can just do that right

ps9 said:
And we're turning, AAPL in positive territory after going down to 92, I might come out ahead today

So Tim Cook sent an email to Cramer this morning regarding Apple in China.

(I thought it was a non issue for Apple)

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

Dont think they can just do that right

They can just sell their holdings and flood the market.

That would be extremely silly especially since they just voluntarily depreciated the yuan and the move would move their biggest customer back into rescission.

US holds a lot more leverage over China with respect to the bonds.

ps9 said:
And we're turning, AAPL in positive territory after going down to 92, I might come out ahead today

The news you want to take out of apple is apple iphone6 plus blurry photos.  (Limited recall apple is doing)

aquabliss said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-s-debt-stake-by-180-billion-and-bonds-shrug

To get a sense of how robust demand is for U.S. Treasuries, consider that China has reduced its holdings by about $180 billion and the market barely reacted.

Benchmark 10-year yields fell 0.6 percentage point even though the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt pared its stake between March 2014 and May of this year, based on the most recent data available from the Treasury Department. That?s not the doomsday scenario portrayed by those who said the size of the holdings -- which peaked at $1.65 trillion in 2014 -- would leave the U.S. vulnerable to China?s whims.

it is kind of scary that China is one of the few, if not the only large economy left whose central bank/government still has the ammunition to pop up the market. But once China runs out its bullets, the next (next) crisis is going to bring WWW III

Back