Dow?

Compressed-Village said:
I can now say blood is on the street for FANG. They can split many times over and earning sucks with forward guidance in the toilet, it won't matter.

Yeah, out of FAANG, only Meta did well after earnings. AAPL and INTC are going to drag down tech tomorrow.

CalBears96 said:
Compressed-Village said:
I can now say blood is on the street for FANG. They can split many times over and earning sucks with forward guidance in the toilet, it won't matter.

FB is short cover and get a bounce, but will be short live. Don't be suprise if they take a dump again soon,,,could be tomorrow.

CalBears96 said:
Compressed-Village said:
BlackKnight said:
Lol i cant believe what i said actually came into fruition few weeks later.  Wait till stock splits in June 03. It?ll come back up 😀

Explain how 20:1 going to change the total valuation?

Really is it funny math? Maybe you know better.

He meant when it comes back up after split.

Splitting shares in theory shouldn't affect the market cap, but in practice investors view it as a bullish signal and pile into the shares for some reason.  Still, they are splitting shares at a moment of weakness in the business cycle, so it will be interesting to see how much good it does.

It's six in one hand ...half a dozen in the other.  Fools wait and bid up prices after the split thinking (erroneously) that the stock is cheaper.  This was very fashionable before the .com crash.  Cisco split themselves into performance oblivion.  Cycles.

Compressed-Village said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:
And the FED have not even raise one itty, bitty, ounce of rate increase.

It?s a long way down from here, I am afraid.

I think if things don't improve, FED will step in. They've seen how things can really start rolling downhill fast and cause recessions.

Amazon has gone nowhere for a year and a half, just up and down. Either creating a top or base for jump higher. If it drops, could see $2000-$2100.

I remember 2000. Things I thought would never happen in my lifetime happened in months, so I'm not ruling out how bad things COULD get. Doesn't mean it has to but it could.

Bezos would not let Amazon drop below 3000. He needs money to support his latino gold digger wh0re.  They may announce stock split and raise Prime membership fees in next earning call to attract retailed investors.

Maybe he should buy the stock to prop it back up.

Lol i cant believe what i said actually came into fruition few weeks later.  Wait till stock splits in June 03. It?ll come back up 😀

Explain how 20:1 going to change the total valuation?

Really is it funny math? Maybe you know better.

It doesn't but it would encourage retail buyers. If the stock is nearly $4000 as amazon was, they can buy as little as one share for that price but if they don't want to commit that much to one stock they can buy no shares. Little buyer can buy one share after the split for $200. Lots of little buyers adds up when amazon probably wasn't going to get more funds buying.

I remember lots of companies in 2000 splitting their shares near the top and it didn't bring their share price back up one iota.

Anybody want to caption this photo?

6u9lksuxfhw81.jpg

This FED is weak. Inflation is at 9%, real number is surpass 15%, yet hiking 50 basis point. Powell still dovish and not even care for every day American priced out of everyday high cost. Let alone cost of shelters is at all time high. The market cheers evidence in his support for stock market. And support for high housing prices.

sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
A recession is coming?nothing can stop that now?it?s called a cycle for a reason.
I?m not convinced a recession will happen just yet. We are already short on workers and job postings aren?t going down. I could be wrong though. Generally when people throw the R word too much, it doesn?t end up happening.

Do you believe now, Trinity? ;D ;D >:D
https://youtu.be/gI4UpBjdJ3s

morekaos said:
sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
A recession is coming?nothing can stop that now?it?s called a cycle for a reason.
I?m not convinced a recession will happen just yet. We are already short on workers and job postings aren?t going down. I could be wrong though. Generally when people throw the R word too much, it doesn?t end up happening.

You do know todays movement only washed out yesterdays gains right? Nice try though :)

Let me know when the s&p500 goes to 3500.

Facebook Parent Meta Hits the Brakes on Hiring as Growth Stalls
Company says it has no plans for layoffs at this time

Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc. FB -2.28%? on Wednesday announced a sharp slowdown in hiring, ending an extended period in which the tech giant added thousands of jobs a year.

?We regularly re-evaluate our talent pipeline according to our business needs and in light of the expense guidance given for this earnings period, we are slowing its growth accordingly,? a Meta spokesperson said in a statement. ?However, we will continue to grow our workforce to ensure we focus on long term impact.?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebo...brakes-on-hiring-as-growth-stalls-11651699263

Not that I mind feeding on the carcasses of fools but its a big boys game and not for the faint of heart....so predictable but the bodies pile up every cycle, it's never "different this time"...

5 Red Flags for Robinhood Markets' Future

Robinhood Markets' (HOOD -5.89%) stock dipped 3% on April 29 after the online brokerage posted its first quarter numbers. Its revenue plunged 43% year over year to $299 million, which missed analysts' estimates by $59 million. Its net loss narrowed from $1.4 billion to $392 million, or $0.45 per share, but still missed analysts' expectations by a dime.

Robinhood's numbers were ugly, but some investors might be wondering if its stock has finally bottomed out after plunging nearly 75% below its IPO price. Unfortunately, five red flags suggest the pain is far from over.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/05/03/5-red-flags-for-robinhood-markets-future/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Something seems to be amiss with google. Last earnings they announced that 20 for one stock split and it made an all time high only to trade down to the 2500 area. It's tried to rally a couple times only to end up around the 2500ish area again and today it decisively broke that area and not on low volume either.

It doesn't seem to be expensive, so not really sure what is up. Bought some puts. If it attempts to rally back to 2500 I'm buying more.

You got some near term support at 2450 but it broke that. if it closes below that then 2250 in the cards.  I would enter around there if it holds. 

$2250.00

$2250.00?Start nibbling?

sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:

You do know todays movement only washed out yesterdays gains right? Nice try though :)

Let me know when the s&p500 goes to 3500.

Ask and you shall recieve...I love markets like this...the smell of cordite is thick
;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
But recall the mindset at at that moment in time...Corona was raging and fear ran the streets...I love that environment.  We will be in a similar panic soon with rates...for pros, its easy picking off the gazelles in that environment.  For the gazelles..its never fun being eaten. ;D ;D >:D

Compressed-Village said:
TGT is getting bloodbath.

Would you buy here?

Inflation and recessions will do that to a retail stock...look at BBY.  Any TGT I still hold has a $35-$55 cost basis...they wont sell if they haven't already.

irvinehomeowner said:
I ask because although he's been wrong about Tesla and the last election, his Dow calls are pretty good.
Dow isn't a good representation of the american economy compared to s&p. let's see if 3800 holds in the s&p.

Back