Dow?

Russia invades Georgia
August 8 2008: Georgia calls on US to step in after Russian tanks roll across the border to aid separatists in breakaway South Ossetia
Fri 8 Aug 2008 12.15 EDThttps://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2008/aug/08/georgia.russia

?Wait that?s the wrong article but the Dow was 11,378?here ?

What can Obama do about Russia?s invasion of Crimea?
Tom Cohen and Dana Davidsen, CNN
Updated 7:41 AM EST, Tue March 4, 2014

The Kremlin sends troops across the border, and the United States and its allies cry foul.
It?s happened before ? Afghanistan in 1979, Georgia in 2008 ? and now Russian President Vladimir Putin has essentially seized military control of the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine.
..Ooops that?s not the right invasion either?but the Dow was at 17,736 that day?.Darn google search!!...Here is today?s invasion?

Ukraine fighting to stop ?a new iron curtain? after Russian invasion
President Zelenskiy calls on Ukrainians to defend country as Russia claims to have neutralised its airbases and air defences

Ukraine?s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, has said his compatriots are fighting to stop ?a new iron curtain? falling across the country after Russian forces launched a huge and long-dreaded invasion that has sparked fears of the biggest war Europe has seen since 1945.
Minutes after Vladimir Putin ended weeks of agonised speculation by announcing a ?special military operation? at dawn on Thursday, explosions were heard near major Ukrainian cities, including the capital, Kyiv.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ews-vladimir-putin-zelenskiy-russian-invasion

There?.Dow is 32,504?.I think you get my point?.

It's worth watching this 1-minute video with a unique take on stock valuation that implies the S&P 500 is currently 3x as expensive as during the Dotcom bubble.

Who can afford the S&P 500? | Chart of the Week
This week, Scott breaks down the most expensive stock market in history.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6_5VFMEiU[/youtube]

Something seems to be amiss with google. Last earnings they announced that 20 for one stock split and it made an all time high only to trade down to the 2500 area. It's tried to rally a couple times only to end up around the 2500ish area again and today it decisively broke that area and not on low volume either.

It doesn't seem to be expensive, so not really sure what is up. Bought some puts. If it attempts to rally back to 2500 I'm buying more.

Ready2Downsize said:
Something seems to be amiss with google. Last earnings they announced that 20 for one stock split and it made an all time high only to trade down to the 2500 area. It's tried to rally a couple times only to end up around the 2500ish area again and today it decisively broke that area and not on low volume either.

It doesn't seem to be expensive, so not really sure what is up. Bought some puts. If it attempts to rally back to 2500 I'm buying more.

You got some near term support at 2450 but it broke that. if it closes below that then 2250 in the cards.  I would enter around there if it holds. 

Over the past 1.5 years a lot of junk has been hammered back to reality. I think we're now seeing some legitimate businesses getting valued more reasonably.

Ready2Downsize said:

New there was something not right.

morekaos said:
Ready2Downsize said:

You got some near term support at 2450 but it broke that. if it closes below that then 2250 in the cards.  I would enter around there if it holds. 

$2250.00

This is the problem. Last 18 months -$850B in direct stim checks, $400B in cash out refis, $1+T in forgivable loans ($250-500B of it fraudulent), another $4 trillion indirect, etc. What recapitalizes the consumer now? Higher wages can't do THAT.

Stim checks are spent, refi bonus, empty. Consumers are bone dry and having to tap credit cards has balloon. A grim picture.

It will go down further,,,a lot more. And its not here yet, when we get daily job cuts announcement. Plus, robinhood 10% job cut notice went out today, just to start things out.

Compressed-Village said:
This is the problem. Last 18 months -$850B in direct stim checks, $400B in cash out refis, $1+T in forgivable loans ($250-500B of it fraudulent), another $4 trillion indirect, etc. What recapitalizes the consumer now? Higher wages can't do THAT.

Stim checks are spent, refi bonus, empty. Consumers are bone dry and having to tap credit cards has balloon. A grim picture.

It will go down further,,,a lot more. And its not here yet, when we get daily job cuts announcement. Plus, robinhood 10% job cut notice went out today, just to start things out.
I remember posting that if tech stocks remain down for a long period of time, layoffs in tech firms could happen and that would impact housing. Looks like this might just happen. With interest rates up and tech layoffs beginning, the housing market will definitely be impacted. How much is the real question.

morekaos said:
A recession is coming?nothing can stop that now?it?s called a cycle for a reason.
I?m not convinced a recession will happen just yet. We are already short on workers and job postings aren?t going down. I could be wrong though. Generally when people throw the R word too much, it doesn?t end up happening.

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:
And the FED have not even raise one itty, bitty, ounce of rate increase.

It?s a long way down from here, I am afraid.

I think if things don't improve, FED will step in. They've seen how things can really start rolling downhill fast and cause recessions.

Amazon has gone nowhere for a year and a half, just up and down. Either creating a top or base for jump higher. If it drops, could see $2000-$2100.

I remember 2000. Things I thought would never happen in my lifetime happened in months, so I'm not ruling out how bad things COULD get. Doesn't mean it has to but it could.

Bezos would not let Amazon drop below 3000. He needs money to support his latino gold digger wh0re.  They may announce stock split and raise Prime membership fees in next earning call to attract retailed investors.

Maybe he should buy the stock to prop it back up.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

I think if things don't improve, FED will step in. They've seen how things can really start rolling downhill fast and cause recessions.

Amazon has gone nowhere for a year and a half, just up and down. Either creating a top or base for jump higher. If it drops, could see $2000-$2100.

I remember 2000. Things I thought would never happen in my lifetime happened in months, so I'm not ruling out how bad things COULD get. Doesn't mean it has to but it could.

Bezos would not let Amazon drop below 3000. He needs money to support his latino gold digger wh0re.  They may announce stock split and raise Prime membership fees in next earning call to attract retailed investors.

Lol i cant believe what i said actually came into fruition few weeks later.  Wait till stock splits in June 03. It?ll come back up 😀

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

Lol i cant believe what i said actually came into fruition few weeks later.  Wait till stock splits in June 03. It?ll come back up 😀

Explain how 20:1 going to change the total valuation?

Really is it funny math? Maybe you know better.

Compressed-Village said:
BlackKnight said:

He meant when it comes back up after split.

CalBears96 said:
Compressed-Village said:
BlackKnight said:

He meant when it comes back up after split.

I can now say blood is on the street for FANG. They can split many times over and earning sucks with forward guidance in the toilet, it won't matter.

Back