Dow?

irvinehomeowner said:
@qwerty:

So... the drop in Dow could also be from fear of hearing about all these new cases spiking... or are you ignoring that too?

:)

I would be lying if I said I knew why the market went up and down on a daily basis. You think the the CNBC headline writers know what they are talking about? They said the rally was caused by robin hood traders, now the one day dip is fear of a second wave?  Did the fear dissipate when the Dow bounced back up 800 points?  Did the fear of a second wave not exist on Wednesday?

The second wave is a concern because the governments are idiots and could potential shut it down again. But even with that concern the dow went from 18k to 27k in about 3 months.

All I know is that the Wall Street traders make money going up and going down. Perhaps they cause the 1800 sell off to make money off those robin hood traders on the way down.

[me=momopi] desire for BRK-B at 175-160 intensifies *[/me]

45150318621_2b0f6f8d89_b.jpg

So today the DOW dropped 700 pts in the morning but went back up to 150 pts at close.  Why?
Dow was acting rational, and the FED decided it would straight up buy corporate debt.

Don't fight the FED.  They can do whatever they want.

If stocks drop more, the FED will just buy the S&P 500....how about putting a trillion dollars into that sonbitch?

remember kids, stonks only go up.  Buy the dip pussy.

zubs said:
So today the DOW dropped 700 pts in the morning but went back up to 150 pts at close.  Why?
Dow was acting rational, and the FED decided it would straight up buy corporate debt.

If stocks drop more, the FED will just buy the S&P 500....how about putting a trillion dollars into that sonbitch?

Tell that to the Oracle wth 137 BILLIONS IN CASH, sitting on the side line, right now waiting. He not exactly young 😊. So I can wait too. Nothing looks good right now.

Yes geo-political blow up and the FED has no cure for that. It will happen. And if Biden win the ticket, look for massive reset, is another factor.

Compressed-Village said:
zubs said:

Tell that to the Oracle wth 137 BILLIONS IN CASH, sitting on the side line, right now waiting. He not exactly young 😊. So I can wait too. Nothing looks good right now.

Yes geo-political blow up and the FED has no cure for that. It will happen. And if Biden win the ticket, look for massive reset, is another factor.

is this the same oracle that lost $50b in q1 this year?  :)

zubs said:
Morekaos was all about how TSLA is a shit company a couple of years ago...I wonder what he thinks about it now.

I have a new found respect for Elon...perhaps I have judged him too harshly... ;D >:D

Cara Delevingne had threesome affair with Amber Heard and Elon Musk, Johnny Depp claims, as he drags British supermodel into $50M defamation suit against his ex wife

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8426719/Cara-Delevingne-three-way-affair-Amber-Heard-Elon-Musk.html

How likely will there be for another stimulus where the fed hands out another $1200 to people making less than $75,000?
Because if they do it again, what do you think the stock market will do?

3 trillion injected into the 2020 economy in the last 3 months.  Another 2 trillion? hmm..wonder what will happen to real estate and the DOW in the short term.

Did you notice a lb of brisket @costco is now $5.99?  It was $3.99 back in MAR.  Of course there is a meat shortage due to covid.  Gas is still cheap.

The give away money is a sure thing for the second round of helicopter drop and is already baked into market.

Grocery bills increased 30 % is direct reflection of weaker purchased power. The covid meat shortage is an excuse for the devalue dollars.

zubs said:
How likely will there be for another stimulus where the fed hands out another $1200 to people making less than $75,000?

3 trillion injected into the 2020 economy in the last 3 months.  Another 2 trillion? hmm..wonder what will happen to real estate and the DOW in the short term.

Did you notice a lb of brisket @costco is now $5.99?  It was $3.99 back in MAR.  Of course there is a meat shortage due to covid.  Gas is still cheap.

Gas has gone up from the lows too.  I think 91 octane went as low as $2.50/gallon in April and today it was $2.99/gallon.

USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

Gas has gone up from the lows too.  I think 91 octane went as low as $2.50/gallon in April and today it was $2.99/gallon.

morekaos said:
If gas goes down to $2.00 I am filling my boat to the brim.  One silver lining to all this. >:D

Hit that pretty close and filled my boat up (275 gallons) at around $2.27 a gallon!!

Loving the volatility especially with what I like to call garbage stocks with high implied volatility like AAL, PLAY, SIX, etc along with VXX.  You can make money by selling both calls and puts that are out of the money with lots of room for error.

Back