Does anyone else get the OC Register delivered?

irvinehomeowner said:
Trying to get my digital subscription sorted out... got the email for it but when I try to activate or login, they said they don't have my email on file... so how did they send me the email?

🤔

I got my living social signed up by using:
- last name
- zip code
- street number

irvinehomeowner said:
Ooo... necro time.

I finally re-subscribed thanks to that $5/yr Groupon floating around.

Got my first Sunday paper today... boy did it get thin... so sad.

It was nice reading a paper again though.
I signed up for it too. Was nice getting paper again - plus kids have gotten a kick out of the mini page / comics (that in and of itself was worth it).  I mean $5 bucks for a full year of Sunday Papers...what a bargain (plus the oline access).  I did the 2 year one and I started getting my paper delivered within about 2 weeks of signing up.  I've heard there can be issues with papers not showing up (delivery problems) but so far no issues.  But I'm old school - I still very much prefer reading paper (although pretty much all i use my smart phone for is reading sports & economics articles - but so much nicer reading big articles in paper and just getting a broader perspective of what is going on out there). 

Yeah... it was weird reading newspaper print again.

I was so used to the Sunday issue being this big gigantic roll of paper but it was like Tuesday-sized.

Many of the sections are combined and I guess many of the Sunday ad regulars went to online distribution (like Target and Best Buy).

irvinehomeowner said:
Yeah... it was weird reading newspaper print again.

I was so used to the Sunday issue being this big gigantic roll of paper but it was like Tuesday-sized.

Many of the sections are combined and I guess many of the Sunday ad regulars went to online distribution (like Target and Best Buy).
I was curious about the ads. I always enjoyed the ads and they are super thin right now.  But I wondered how much of that was due to with COVID and fact a ton of stores were closed. 

It's now 2023 and I am newspaper free. Actually been that way for over a year now (I think the sub ended in 2022). To be honest, probably just recycled the Sunday paper the last year or so of the sub.

I still think there are people who subscribe to a newspaper but probably older gen or people who prefer paper over digital media.

So how do I know what is going on? I listen to KNX news radio when I'm in the car or watch some of the national morning news shows for the summary takes). I just recently discovered 1440 news... supposed to be unbiased so we will see. If I want bias I just go on TI and look for morekaos or StarMBA posts. :)

Most of my family uses Instagram or TikTok for their view to the world... poor them.

It's now 2023 and I am newspaper free. Actually been that way for over a year now (I think the sub ended in 2022). To be honest, probably just recycled the Sunday paper the last year or so of the sub.

I still think there are people who subscribe to a newspaper but probably older gen or people who prefer paper over digital media.

So how do I know what is going on? I listen to KNX news radio when I'm in the car or watch some of the national morning news shows for the summary takes). I just recently discovered 1440 news... supposed to be unbiased so we will see. If I want bias I just go on TI and look for morekaos or StarMBA posts. :)

Most of my family uses Instagram or TikTok for their view to the world... poor them.
What’s worse? Bias news on both sides for you to choose or one single source of news like China and other parts? Where the news one should know gets hidden from their citizens? Only to later find out via TikTok?

Back