Does anyone else get the OC Register delivered?

ps9 said:
yes, I paid a $1!  They should have the skill set to throw it onto my driveway.

What do you expect? $1

$1 for first year, $100 for the next (just guessing how much does it cost with out discount?)

(Life time contract, didn't people say it's hard to cancel after a year)

I signed up for a free 1 year free in Feb 2014, paper started coming in  April 2014 and my 1 year subscription should have expired in April 2015.

It never stopped coming so I called in April, then again in May, then twice in June, and so on.  I've cancelled now 8 times and the paper continues to come every morning.  I'm tired of picking up this dumb paper and they keep leaving it on my driveway! 

Anyone else have a similar experience?  How did you end up resolving it?

You should call and make sure they aren't charging you.

I found out that they continued to deliver after my sub ended and they want me to pay for it.

This morning I made my 7th call to the Register to beg for the cancellation.  Every time it's the same story "I see what the previous agent did and I will now raise this to a supervisor and your delivery will stop".  But it never stops! 

At this point, I really don't know what to do to get this thing to stop coming.  Thinking of sending a certified letter and maybe suing them in small claims court - but no judge will see agree to any damage compensation, but I really just want to sue them to get them to stop giving me the paper every morning.

Other option is to wait up until 3am and flag down the carrier and kindly ask him to stop giving me the paper.  He'll probably think I'm a crazy guy and keep driving.

I think bones started a fake Ronnie subscription with your address for giggles.  Try calling them and cancel under the 'other' name

ps9 said:
I think bones started a fake Ronnie subscription with your address for giggles.  Try calling them and cancel under the 'other' name

If she knows where I live then I'm packing it up, gonna go slum it at Baker Ranch.

aquabliss said:
ps9 said:

If she knows where I live then I'm packing it up, gonna go slum it at Baker Ranch.

I follow you.  Let's be neighbors at The Summit!  Then our kids can be superstars at SVUSD!

I wrote earlier that I emailed them several times to cancel.  The final time, I finally found out my customer number so I added that and then wrote to them that I cancelled and if they send me any further issues that it was their treat.  Then, I got a response back for the first time saying my subscription was cancelled and fortunately I haven't gotten another issue since then.

Keep trying (I don't know why we should have to) and good luck.  I wish we can all join up and sue them for emotional distress.  :p

aquabliss said:
This morning I made my 7th call to the Register to beg for the cancellation.  Every time it's the same story "I see what the previous agent did and I will now raise this to a supervisor and your delivery will stop".  But it never stops! 

At this point, I really don't know what to do to get this thing to stop coming.  Thinking of sending a certified letter and maybe suing them in small claims court - but no judge will see agree to any damage compensation, but I really just want to sue them to get them to stop giving me the paper every morning.

Other option is to wait up until 3am and flag down the carrier and kindly ask him to stop giving me the paper.  He'll probably think I'm a crazy guy and keep driving.

bones said:
aquabliss said:
ps9 said:

I follow you.  Let's be neighbors at The Summit!  Then our kids can be superstars at SVUSD!

Speak for yourself, I'm going private!  One week at SVUSD and my kids will be speaking Qwertican.

Even though you can get the eRegister for free, I've found I rarely read the paper now that I don't have the dead tree version.

I also now don't know very much that's going on in the world unless I read it on TI.

Ooo... necro time.

I finally re-subscribed thanks to that $5/yr Groupon floating around.

Got my first Sunday paper today... boy did it get thin... so sad.

It was nice reading a paper again though.

irvinehomeowner said:
Ooo... necro time.

I finally re-subscribed thanks to that $5/yr Groupon floating around.

Got my first Sunday paper today... boy did it get thin... so sad.

It was nice reading a paper again though.

please share your online login with the democratic republic of talkirvine

I had some expiring frequent flyer miles to use. You used to be able to get a whole lot of magazines delivered - even WSJ. The selection is piss poor now. Ended up with a 3 month subscription for OC Register which delivers Thurs-Sun. Not bad...but I use the online content quite a bit.

Trying to get my digital subscription sorted out... got the email for it but when I try to activate or login, they said they don't have my email on file... so how did they send me the email?

🤔

irvinehomeowner said:
Trying to get my digital subscription sorted out... got the email for it but when I try to activate or login, they said they don't have my email on file... so how did they send me the email?

🤔

You may as well be prepared to cancel the credit they are going to charge. You just signed up for life.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

🤔

You may as well be prepared to cancel the credit they are going to charge. You just signed up for life.

It's really easy to cancel. I just have to remember in 2 years. :)

Back