Does anyone else get the OC Register delivered?

Huh, no paper again.  Good thing as my subscription is about to expire and I don't plan on renewing.  Call 877-627-7009 to cancel, they can id account by caller id.  Guy was really unprofessional on the phone.  Not surprised.

I canceled a while back and the Sunday paper stopped coming so I thought that was it.  Then, for the last two months or so, the Sunday paper started coming again.  But none today.  I got one of those paper renewals several weeks ago and I thought ignoring the renewal would stop my subscription (like magazines) but this paper is like the thing that won't die. 

Someone want to start a lawsuit?  :p

After years of getting the OC Register we finally stopped when they missed 4 Sunday deliveries.  When I complained they'd delivered it on Monday and claimed they wouldn't miss again.  Lies.  So no more.  I do miss, the dinosaur that I am, having the paper in hands when I read it.  Oh well.

I'm due for a new subscription.

Although like bmthedk, I prefer the paper, I think I will go Olive plus Sunday delivery.

image_zps5yy6s4ta.jpg

Check your email

Be careful - you can never cancel.  I've tried 3 times and like an unwanted relative, that newsprint in orange plastic shows up on my driveway every morning.

Just waiting for the bills to start showing up in my mailbox at full price.

Yeah, but wife needs coupons and I need paper to start my charcoal for the smoker :)

I was able to cancel successfully last time, called them, got a rude CS, but paper stopped coming and never saw a bill.  Believe it was opensky who pointed out the deal.

ps9 said:
Yeah, but wife needs coupons and I need paper to start my charcoal for the smoker :)

I was able to cancel successfully last time, called them, got a rude CS, but paper stopped coming and never saw a bill.  Believe it was opensky who pointed out the deal.

You can print coupons online

They want to give these away for free. Only way they can stay in business.

What's interesting is I think you can get the daily paper online for free.

I've been checking it out the past few days and the eRegister link on the ocregister.com site works on most of my devices. It's pretty good as I just flip through the pages and when I see an article that looks interesting, I click/touch it and it brings up a larger web-page view.

Before I had to login but not any more (just tested it on a brand new iPad mini today).

I also had trouble canceling my Sunday subscription.  After trying a few times,  they sent me an invoice saying I had a balance of about $3.  So, I gladly paid that off thinking good riddance without checking the box that says to restart the service.  It stopped for a few weeks but then it started again.  I e-mailed their service, this time with more detail that was on the invoice, and told them that I canceled the subscription and if they wanted to keep sending it to me for free, that would be fine, as I wasn't going to pay for it.  Then, I got a reply saying that my subscription was cancelled and I haven't received anything for a few months now.  They also added that when you pay the balance they automatically restart the subscription.  I'm thinking what is that checkbox that says to restart the service for?  ::)

Honestly, if they weren't such a pain and if they would easily stop delivery while we are away, I wouldn't mind paying for a yearly Sunday subscription.  I think they said something like $12 for a year of Sunday paper, which is reasonable.  But after this experience, no thanks.

I'm getting used to the eRegister... it even has the Big 5 ads which I always look at.

Biggest benefit, since my eyes are so old now, I can enlarge the print/images on my devices.

Online is prime time!

why is this so hard... got my paper today, but it got soaked.  Delivery person was smart enough to throw it right below my driveway, my neighbor overwaters their lawn as usual and the runoff kills off my paper.  Paper was plastic bagged but unfortunately the opening faced the torrent of wasted water going towards the gutter.  Nice.

Back