Crawford at Greenwood

I didn't notice the additional $85 dues until after I got home.  So I wasn't able to ask more questions.  But they also have a pretty high property tax rate, 1.75% (including all CFDs) for both Crawford and Stafford and 1.7% for Huntley.

FARMMMMMIE said:
qwerty said:
Damn that is a steep HOA without even layering on the second fee. Columbus square is 99/month.

I agree but I think there are less homes in Greenwood to spread the cost over?

Are there more amenities in Greenwood too?  $230+ is pricey.

How many homes are in Columbus square?  Greenwood has 375. Based on that few homes, a $200+ HOA doesn't seem totally wacky. But I agree, pretty steep when looking at it as a standalone.

Columbus square has 1000 homes. Amenities are probably a wash. Haven't seen the clubhouse at greenwood in person but probably a little fancier looking from the drawings.

bones said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
qwerty said:
Damn that is a steep HOA without even layering on the second fee. Columbus square is 99/month.

I agree but I think there are less homes in Greenwood to spread the cost over?

Are there more amenities in Greenwood too?  $230+ is pricey.
When you add it with a 1.7% tax rate, it is pretty steep. Non gated, one pool / park (albeit very nice facilities).  Stonegate and Woodbury have fantastic facilities for far yes (although clearly they can spread the cost out amongst far more). 
How many homes are in Columbus square?  Greenwood has 375. Based on that few homes, a $200+ HOA doesn't seem totally wacky. But I agree, pretty steep when looking at it as a standalone.

joy4ever said:
I didn't notice the additional $85 dues until after I got home.  So I wasn't able to ask more questions.  But they also have a pretty high property tax rate, 1.75% (including all CFDs) for both Crawford and Stafford and 1.7% for Huntley.

The 1.7% is pretty standard for new construction...it's property tax plus Mello Roos. 

The HOA does seem very high.  Stonegate is at $105 for a SFR.  The amenities are not as nice as Woodbury but still very good.  Multiple pools, good children's play area, and BBQ area.  No clubhouse but other than having a party, I don't really see the need for one.

Thought these were nice, but is it me or will these homes have a shared driveway?  A >$1M 4,000 square feet home with a shared driveway...really?!

A S said:
Thought these were nice, but is it me or will these homes have a shared driveway?  A >$1M 4,000 square feet home with a shared driveway...really?!

By shared driveway do you mean alley loaded?  They will not share driveways.

Saw these this afternoon. Pretty nice layout. I actually like that the garage is in the back. Gives it a better curb appeal for the front. And every home has their own driveway. I'm thinking these should sell pretty well too.

OC troll said:
And every home has their own driveway.

are you sure? the site plan seems to indicate otherwise. a lot of the plan 1s and 2s kind of looks like they may have a full size driveway, although on some it looks like a mini driveway. most plan 3s dont appear to have their own driveway.

qwerty said:
OC troll said:
And every home has their own driveway.

are you sure? the site plan seems to indicate otherwise.

I looked in the back and saw the driveway on two of the model homes. The one with the pool table in the game room, theres a window that faces the driveway, and the other I opened the garage door and saw the sales office and the outline of the driveway. Also one of the sales person told me they all come with driveways. I'm assuming the models will look like the actual homes...(assuming)?

Correction, not every lot has a driveway. I went back to take a look and the sales guy, who seemed a little more knowledgeable said not all of them have driveways.

Flew from Atlanta to OC over the weekend to look at Crawford, and a few other new communities in Irvine/Tustin area
  • Park was nice but not as big as I had expected/hoped
  • Local District shopping center very close but the traffic in that area is already congested even before 400 new homes are built.
  • Traffic on Jamboree was not as busy as I had expected. Crawford lots seemed sufficiently far away from Jamboree and well placed close to park.
  • Tried hard to identify all these "FCBs" that so many people keep talking about. I couldn't tell the difference between an FCB and any of the other people present. I am guessing FCB is really code for "non-white". Here in Georgia this would be a statement attributed to red-necks (cause nobody is racist here!)
  • I was seriously considering Crawford Plan 1 before arriving, but really liked Plan 2 way more. It felt so much more like a "Million dollar home" than plan 1 or Huntley Plan 3. Crawford Plan 3 did not seem to have the right flow even though it was larger.
  • Visited a few established houses in nearby Columbus Square - The Gables Plan 1 and Plan 2 seemed to be better value than Crawford so we focused on those.
  • Later a tour of local private schools eliminated Tustin as an option for us so we had to drop both Crawford and Columbus Square from our shortlist as there is no way known I would trust my daughter's future in TUSD given their track record and the current schools zoned to these areas.
  • Yes... Tustin is Tustin and Irvine is Irvine so we will probably settle on a smaller house in Irvine. Lafayette Patton in Stonegate seemed to have the best to offer with (arguably) both the best middle school and best high school in Irvine. Location... Location... Location.

Swordfish said:
Flew from Atlanta to OC over the weekend to look at Crawford, and a few other new communities in Irvine/Tustin area
  • Park was nice but not as big as I had expected/hoped
  • Local District shopping center very close but the traffic in that area is already congested even before 400 new homes are built.
  • Traffic on Jamboree was not as busy as I had expected. Crawford lots seemed sufficiently far away from Jamboree and well placed close to park.
  • Tried hard to identify all these "FCBs" that so many people keep talking about. I couldn't tell the difference between an FCB and any of the other people present. I am guessing FCB is really code for "non-white". Here in Georgia this would be a statement attributed to red-necks (cause nobody is racist here!)
  • I was seriously considering Crawford Plan 1 before arriving, but really liked Plan 2 way more. It felt so much more like a "Million dollar home" than plan 1 or Huntley Plan 3. Crawford Plan 3 did not seem to have the right flow even though it was larger.
  • Visited a few established houses in nearby Columbus Square - The Gables Plan 1 and Plan 2 seemed to be better value than Crawford so we focused on those.
  • Later a tour of local private schools eliminated Tustin as an option for us so we had to drop both Crawford and Columbus Square from our shortlist as there is no way known I would trust my daughter's future in TUSD given their track record and the current schools zoned to these areas.
  • Yes... Tustin is Tustin and Irvine is Irvine so we will probably settle on a smaller house in Irvine. Lafayette Patton in Stonegate seemed to have the best to offer with (arguably) both the best middle school and best high school in Irvine. Location... Location... Location.

I think your better off at Johns Creek.  ;)

As for FCB...I don't think the ratio was nearly as dominating as usual.  I saw a fair share but also lot of non-Asians, even some of Qwerty's folks.

Back