Crawford at Greenwood

There are some back garage homes that have driveways.

The other issue with back garages is you don't really have a sizeable backyard.

#IrvineCommuterStyle

So Qwerty, how does your yard work? Large sideyard on one side and a skinny/garbage can yard on the other side?  Is there access to both sides from the street?

bones said:
So Qwerty, how does your yard work? Large sideyard on one side and a skinny/garbage can yard on the other side?  Is there access to both sides from the street?

That's exactly how it is, there is access to the front of the house/street side from the main side yard. Both have access to the alley.

A lot of the new builds are now around 15 ft backyard (based on mentions here) but with driveway. Hmm tough call between 25 ft sideyard but alley loaded/no driveway or smaller backyard with driveway. I've lived in the alley loaded setup and it's not so bad as long as there's enough exit points in the alley for x number of houses. Another alley loaded perk is your front isn't all garage.

bones said:
A lot of the new builds are now around 15 ft backyard (based on mentions here) but with driveway. Hmm tough call between 25 ft sideyard but alley loaded/no driveway or smaller backyard with driveway. I've lived in the alley loaded setup and it's not so bad as long as there's enough exit points in the alley for x number of houses. Another alley loaded perk is your front isn't all garage.

Our alley has two exit/entrance points. In the two plus years I've lived here only once have I come across another car where I drove side by side

Does anyone know where the initial phases for Crawford are being built? I assuming based on photos published they are already building some of the houses in addition to the models.

Long time reader...finally decided to sign up for an account!
Here's the price sheet and Phase 1 locations from yesterday's preview event. Their prices are much higher than I anticipated. Guess when they say "Starting from upper $900s," it really meant upper upper upper $900s.

Attachments

• DSC_3498.JPG
    DSC_3498.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 265
Crawford owners have to pay more association fees.  In addition to the $320 to $235 (at build out) per month, there's also a $85 per month "Special Benefit Area" dues for front yard landscaping.

Damn that is a steep HOA without even layering on the second fee. Columbus square is 99/month.

joy4ever said:
Crawford owners have to pay more association fees.  In addition to the $320 to $235 (at build out) per month, there's also a $85 per month "Special Benefit Area" dues for front yard landscaping.
So does that mean they maintain your front yard landscaping? If this included the backyard it would still be high but at least you don't have to shop your neighbors' qwermigo.

Funny story, when we were looking for our qwermigo, our neighbor's guy wasn't Mexican (shocker!) and he was also the most expensive of all the ones we talked to in our 'hood. A year later, our neighbor is now using our guy because they can get weekly service for the less than the bi-weekly service their non-qwermigo was charging them.

#buyersmarket

qwerty said:
Damn that is a steep HOA without even layering on the second fee. Columbus square is 99/month.

I agree but I think there are less homes in Greenwood to spread the cost over?

Are there more amenities in Greenwood too?  $230+ is pricey.

joy4ever said:
Would that also means then the front landscaping is included in the home price for Crawford?

Back