coronavirus

qwerty said:
What I said before was that business should be allowed to reopen and put whatever safety protocols in place, if that requires wearing masks to get in that that was fine. That was before the state mandated it.

Now that the state has mandated them business should enforce it. I have a choice to not go to a business that requires a mask.

The issue I have is being forced to wear a mask outside. Any business can require whatever they want of their customers and employees

My point was that adventurous was questioning how a state mask mandate would be enforced, to which bones and I said that businesses will enforce it, just like they did before the mask mandate.

Your recollection of what you said about masks and businesses is not entirely consistent but your narrative tends to change based on your qwermodels. :)

Businesses have no means to enforce the government orders. If they had a house rule prior, and they enforced it, nothing changes. If a store didn't require the masks, the governor order won't change that.
You probably don't fully understand which government entity is legally obliged to enforce the governor wishes.
Hint. Sacramento County Sheriff already told Newsom to go pound sand.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
What I said before was that business should be allowed to reopen and put whatever safety protocols in place, if that requires wearing masks to get in that that was fine. That was before the state mandated it.

Now that the state has mandated them business should enforce it. I have a choice to not go to a business that requires a mask.

The issue I have is being forced to wear a mask outside. Any business can require whatever they want of their customers and employees

My point was that adventurous was questioning how a state mask mandate would be enforced, to which bones and I said that businesses will enforce it, just like they did before the mask mandate.

Your recollection of what you said about masks and businesses is not entirely consistent but your narrative tends to change based on your qwermodels. :)

They are making masks political. Local law enforcement aka police departments needs to enforce the law. Such as the LAPD and NYPD they are enforcing the law. (THE top 2 law enforcement agencies in the US)

USCTrojanCPA said:
I've read somewhere that the majority of new cases are younger folks so between that and medical providers getting better at treating the folks that are hospitalized may have translated to a lower number of deaths.
It's a potentially dangerous call for an avalanche of medical malpractice lawsuits. While some reporters can may this point, it will be widely rejected by the official medical authorities.

All this political stuff is pointless... it's not like Covid infects on party lines.

What is worrisome is for OC is hospitalizations have been over 320 for the last 5 days... and this number is up for many other states.

irvinehomeowner said:
All this political stuff is pointless... it's not like Covid infects on party lines.

What is worrisome is for OC is hospitalizations have been over 320 for the last 5 days... and this number is up for many other states.

It's beyond pointless. The signs around us - fallen statues, re-defined concepts and words, the protests, the refusals to wear masks - show that increasingly, we are struggling to agree on a minimal common culture & facts, which is a requirement to cooperate and co-exist in a society.

The coronavirus doesn?t care if we're tired of the coronavirus.

Kenkoko said:
It's beyond pointless. The signs around us - fallen statues, re-defined concepts and words, the protests, the refusals to wear masks - show that increasingly, we are struggling to agree on a minimal common culture & facts, which is a requirement to cooperate and co-exist in a society.

It is interesting, you put those behaviors on the same sentence. Those come from different sides of the political spectrum, can't really be combined.
The silent majority has a silent agreement, but not everyone is in the silent majority

irvinehomeowner said:
Loco_local said:
Poor store employees who have to deal with these sheep
https://mobile.twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1274305394966487042

Kudos to the manager for the patience she had handling the situation.

How were they breaking the law? And what medical condition was she citing for not being able to wear a mask?

not wearing a mask due to a medical condition will be the new emotional support animal excuse for bringing your pet everywhere

adventurous said:
Kenkoko said:

It is interesting, you put those behaviors on the same sentence. Those come from different sides of the political spectrum, can't really be combined.

They belong in the same sentence because they are all driven by politics.

Stupidity transcends party lines.

Why make a simple thing like putting on a mask political?

We would all be better off if people use facts & reasons as their guiding principles.

Political ideologies, identity politics, intersectionality are poison.

Kenkoko said:
They belong in the same sentence because they are all driven by politics.

Stupidity transcends party lines.

Why make a simple thing like putting on a mask political?

We would all be better off if people use facts & reasons as their guiding principles.

Political ideologies, identity politics, intersectionality are poison.
One blue party made COVID situation political from the very beginning. Trump shut down borders for Chinese, remember who called him xenophobic and racist? The exact same people, two months later, accused Trump in ... being to slow to close the borders.
I blame Dems for this situation.

Arizona and Texas are red states yes? Doesn't seem like Covid cares:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-hospitalizations-surge-arizona-texas-n1231945

Coronavirus hospitalizations in Arizona and Texas have hit record numbers as cases continue to surge in states in the South and the West, overwhelming medical professionals.

Arizona reported a record high of 3,591 new cases Tuesday, with nearly 60,000 known cases in the state overall. The swell in cases came as President Donald Trump held a rally at a Phoenix megachurch Tuesday.

There was a surge in the number of inpatient beds occupied by positive or suspected COVID-19 patients, with 2,136 beds occupied, compared to 1,992 Sunday, according to data from the state's Department of Health Services.

Meanwhile, 84 percent of intensive care unit beds were in use at Arizona hospitals and 83 percent of inpatient beds were in use as of Monday, according to the data.

"Each day I've been going into work over the last month is worse, and what I mean by worse is ... just overwhelmed with COVID patients," said Dr. Frank LoVecchio, who works in several Arizona hospitals in emergency medicine and public health.

Now I understand number of cases will go up. But the hospital and ICU bed numbers are concerning.

The other issue is the serious cases are in the hospital for more than a few days... sometimes 1 to 2 weeks... which causes more of a strain on resources.

Let's hope we keep this under control.

Back